Using a Gamepad on Yogurting @_@

Console, PC, MMO games
amfest

Using a Gamepad on Yogurting @_@

Post by amfest »

Well yeah I've been playing PSO on my pc alot lately and I use a gamepad with that so I said why not . . I don't like to always go and use a mouse while I play. Gamepads are a bit easier . .but the problem with Yogurting was that there were no other keys for movement it's all point and click. So I suggest if you're going to use a gamepad on Yogurting to use a Playstation type controller or an actual playstation controller with an adapter to hook up. So when I say Playstation type I mean a contoller with a d pad 4 buttons on the face of the controller with a select and start button also. There are 2 L1 buttons and 2 L2 shoulder buttons. and 2 analog Sticks that HAVE buttons when you push them in. It's funny how many people don't realize you can push in the sticks as buttons also. But that's mainly cause there aren't a load of games that use that function. So in short that's a d-pad, 2 analog sticks and 12 buttons.

Now for configuring the controller.

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/Jo ... ersion.htm

(note: the version I have is 3.7.8 and in english but the version I found for download seems to be 3.7.4? . . Hope everything is the same)

download this program to use to configure your joystick to emulate your keyboard and mouse. Now we open it up and create a new configuation called yogurting . .naturally. On the right side of the interface you'll notice 2 tabs one says Joysticks adn the 2nd one might say Preferences depending on your version. Click on 2nd one and check the boxes for Uses axes for other than X and Y and use pov switches.

Okay to explain. Normally on your config you'll see a button for left right, upa nd down . .those are linked to your dpad . the analog stick is ignored. Checking use Pov switches makes your d-pad become a pov and the other would be linked to your analog stick .. but we take it a step further by checking the uses other axes. when we do this we can now use both sticks.

Okay back to the joystick config. It's fairly easy you can click and highlight one of the joystick buttons listed or directions and then click Auto setting wizard to choose a key on the keyboard. Of course this works out for simple single key pushes but you can get a bit more detailed than that. Like hitting 2 to 3 buttons at a time. So just double click to bring up the more advanced setting.

It's pretty straight forward I think. When the blank is higlighted yellow you push a key on yourkeyboard and it assigns that. there are 3 blanks for 3 keypresses to a button.

As for configuring mouse settings

just go to Mouse and then adjust the areas you need . .I set mine to 30s on speed . .. on the main button menu . .just choose the Xs for left and right and Ys for up and down. You can view my other image that shows those stick views and then experiment with yours.

As for my button setup

X button = left click
Square button = Middle mouse
O button = right click
Triangle button = I haven't decided i just set it to left click also.

L1 = button 1 hotkey
R2 = Button 2 hotkey
L2 = Button 3 hotkey
R2 = button 4 hotkey

D pad I assigned to w, a, s, d camera movement buttons

Select button opens up my Quest screen
Start Button opens up my Stats info screen

Left analog stick controls mouse
Right analog stick controls mouse with Right button clicked for camera movement also

Left analog stick button is Esc for easy exit
Right analog stick button is Enter to get past the NPC chat quicker

Now of course you can do more with this like you could for example make another profile that has uses for the Fkey chatshortcuts for lets say you have /happy set or @_@ set so you'd just have to hit a button to use them .. also other menus . . then you could set one button . .like lets say my triangle button to switch over to that new profile so all your buttons change to the new sets of keys . .so you can do those actions then you can use another button again lets say the triangle key to switch back to your main configuration. This sorta setting is in the Sepcial part of the button config. You can make many extra profiles to switch to so the possiblities are endless .. well at least till it gets really messy XD

Well good luck .. if you decide to go this route XD . .and oh yea it can take some getting used to XD.

(hint: you can use this nifty program to control your media players also so if you have a tv out and are watching on a big screen you can easily just relax and use your controller as a remote XD)
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

awesome tutorial amfest... Now if only I could buy the adapter to connect my PS2 controller to a USB port to my pc... :P
Btw, this nifty lil program should be called "KeyToJoy" not "JoyToKey" imo... lol
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
Zachris

Post by Zachris »

This is the coolness! XD im soo happy i got a adapter from my friend! now i can use my ps2 controller to play YATTA! now the thing is i gotta figure out what of the 32 buttons square and circle and stuff is T_T

Soo can u get that part of the pic up here too? so i can continue copying your key settings XD