Character Creation and Tutorial Walkthrough

Console, PC, MMO games
Watanuki

Character Creation and Tutorial Walkthrough

Post by Watanuki »

To create your character, log into Yogurting and select "New Game". If you have an existing character, you have the option to delete them (left option) or abort. Otherwise, you'll be taken to the server select window.

*edit* All servers have merged into one.

Then you'll be taken to the school selection screen

Put in your desired nickname

Your birthdate and blood type (default weapon choice). There is no weapon/stat limitations once you've created a character (at least to my knowledge...)
A is sword
B is fist
O is spirit
AB is mura (dancing machine!)

The last 4 numbers of your cellphone. The first 4 are randomized.

Character personalization. First option is gender, then followed by hair, face, and skin color.

Click okay, and verify your final settings one last time. Then you're given a short intro text (which you can skip), a greeting by the schoolgirl mascot (which you can also skip).

click the glowing circle to begin.

click the blue button to continue

click Ok

and finally click the big orange button on the LEFT (some people...really. -.-)

you'll be given the tutorial level. after talking to the lady with purple hair, walk forward. you'll be given the task of defeating a monster. easy stuff.

the next monster isn't taking damage. alt click it to activate your weapon's special move.

follow the lady around 3 more times and you'll finally be outside!
Last edited by Watanuki on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu »

Very nicely done and im sure you helped some people out there.

One thing that bothers me is that im almost certain it was called YOIGETSU, not YOITSUKI

tsuki being the Kunyomi reading of the the kanji. Getsu being the Onyomi.
Watanuki

Post by Watanuki »

Wouldn't be surprised if it is...trying to pronounce "Yoitsuki" makes me sound like i'm attempting German. I'm not Japanese so I don't know what Kunyomi and Onyomi are. I'll change it anyways though.
Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu »

Its no biggie Watanuki, i just wanted to point it out.
Biba

Post by Biba »

just wanted to ask some more information before creating a charactor: I want something with magic cause I'm not that good at fighting, should I take spirit then? what exactly is mura?
Watanuki

Post by Watanuki »

hmm....I haven't used Mura or Spirit too much to know their true strengths, but here's a brief description of every weapon class.

swords have a wide arc to their attacks, and their specials target many enemies but don't do too much damage.

fists target 1 to 3 people, depending on the direction you're attacking. the attacks are fast, hit hard, and the specials are a bit more damaging than the sword, but are tricky to use.

spirit is any weapon that's strapped to your back. the basic attack is a ranged throw of energy that only targets one monster. It's weak, but the specials are unique (I've seen higher level spirit weapons heal people) and devastating (1 hit kills to an entire group of enemies)

mura is any weapon that's on your head. these weapons make your character dance nonstop, and you attack with the power of musical notes. the range is slightly less than spirit, the basic attack is about the same (only hits one monster), but the specials are unique (healing again) and very very useful. Where as a Spirit weapon's special attack is usually targetted to a ranged group, a Mura's special usually does an incredibly hard hitting attack to everything surrounding you.

even if you're not good at fighting, i would suggest swords as a starting weapon. they're very well balanced in both normal attacks and specials.
amfest

Post by amfest »

I think spirit and mura are basically like priest and cleric sorta thing . . with spirit being more powerful though I haven't really tested it much since I dont' really have a great spirit weapon .. maybe I should run that . . but if that's the case maybe mura's healing/support special is better. Would make sense. But if you want better distance as in a magical sense I'd say go for spirit in the end, but you'll pretty much typically end up in close combat cause monsters just appear around you like crazy. In a group you'll have a better chance to pull off distance attacks though. So maybe if you party like crazy but I always end up in rooms with japanese users who take forever to start .. lol.
Watanuki

Post by Watanuki »

Muras are great if your defense is high enough to gather huge mobs around you
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I'm currently using a spirit and it's great for ranged attacks, though you have to approach battles a bit more tactically. It's great as a supporting element in a party, you stand back a bit and attack from a distance, covering the rear for sword/fist fighters.
Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu »

Blades and GLorbs (heh japanese probably mispelled Gloves) FTW!!!

If you like to hack and slash though and deal a good amount of DMG then swords and Gloves are the way to go.

Tip when using gloves,

When you attack with these you usually want to attack the monster that is at an angle from you. Attacking the monsters that are right next to you as in, Up, down, left, and right direction of you wil only attack that single monster. Attacking the "corner" monsters so to speak will hit all the monsters in that corner.

{Attack} [BLAH] {Attack}

[BLAH] **YOU** [BLAH]

{Attack} [BLAH] {Attack}

If you are surrouned like this then attack the monsters that are not perpendicular to where you are standing, The "CORNERS"

As for Blades, they have a good range no matter where you swing so Hack away.