Character tags?

Have a good idea? Let us know
Starra

Character tags?

Post by Starra »

Since we have tags for everything else, why not character tags? As in, we have tags for each individual character. I know it'd take a lot of work, but I'd be willing to help. And that way, we also wouldn't have to use the search feature and it would be easier to find images of our favourite characters, etc.

If a character has the exact same name as another character (I'm talking surname and first name), we can make the format "[surname] [first name] (series)" and stuff.

Yes? No?
Merun

Re: Character tags?

Post by Merun »

Eventually... Since it's the only things left I would say yes. But character tag is going to be hell to be retagged on some old picture since people either use the first name, or first name / last name, or last name / first name. I think that character name should be tied with a source tag so that picture with only the first name will be able to get automatically tagged.
Merun @ Twitter
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

I doubt this would be implemented, but if it was, just one request.

Have the western order of names be an alias for any and all tags it could apply to. Just to prevent headaches.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

It would take time, but I think it would be a really nice feature. Already done it with series and artists, so why not?

And just my two cents, I don't think you'd have to worry about characters having identical names in different series. The user would just have to search by both name and series.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I've had character tags (along with source, and artist tags) in mind since the original theme tags were created in 2006. It would be, by far, the most difficult tag type to implement but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Well, I'll just say I'm thinking about it and leave it at that for now ^^;
e-shuushuu!