Tag suggestion

Have a good idea? Let us know
DoomTay

Re: Tag suggestion

Post by DoomTay »

And when I visit the image search box, those checkboxes aren't there. Must be a moderater-only thing or something
Attachments
noboxes.png
noboxes.png (5.78 KiB) Viewed 5518 times
Merun

Post by Merun »

Strange. Must have been removed, I haven't used a normal pannel for ages xD
Merun @ Twitter
DoomTay

Post by DoomTay »

But lo, users can still do similar by adding "&nosource=1" or "&noartist=1" etc. And through that I learned that there are 888 pages worth of things without an artist or source(Though some things have the artist marked in misc metadata)

Oh, we could use a "Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal" tag to accommodate a few of those images

http://e-shuushuu.net/image/355914/
http://e-shuushuu.net/image/355913/
http://e-shuushuu.net/image/355912/
http://e-shuushuu.net/image/355911/
http://e-shuushuu.net/image/355910/

..all belong to that show
DoomTay

Post by DoomTay »

Sorry for the DP, but I also noticed that we need a tag for Koten Fujiwara and Sousuke Koyama, and something for Uekusa Wataru for images like http://e-shuushuu.net/image/313321/
Isoroku22

Post by Isoroku22 »

Wrong thread DoomTay. It should be here.
DoomTay

Post by DoomTay »

What? No, I put it here because such tags don't exist yet, as far as I know
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

This thread's for theme tags, mostly. :P
私は悪魔です。
Mayura_chan

Post by Mayura_chan »

I miss the tags: 'petal' 'armor' 'belt' 'shorts' 'lingerie' any 'eyes closed'
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

petal tag doesn't really seem needed o,o

armor..well, we have warrior, so it kinda covers that up~

belt.. ehm~ .. no idea

we have shorts tag & lingerie is forbidden @ Shuu

eyes closed - we have the ^_^ and sleeping tags~
not sure why we need any more tags about closed eyes~
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
DoomTay

Post by DoomTay »

Now that we have people uploading their own artwork, we could use a "member art" tag or something like that, especially when the member doesn't have a matching artist tag.

Oh, and a "checkerboard" tag
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Topzter-san has his own tag since 2008, but he has works from 2006
so that "users uploading their stuff now" is kinda invalid -w-

other users have their tags for quite some time as well~
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Almost everything suggested has been rejected before...~

I don't like the idea of a "member art" tag. That would be a way to allow lower quality drawings, with the tag as an excuse for them.

As for "checkerboard", it's a background tag and not really useful. I don't support it.

And let's not forget the proper suggestion format, folks. Tag idea, description, and at least three examples of its use.
私は悪魔です。
Kairi-chan

Post by Kairi-chan »

I have a few tag suggestions that I think would be helpful.

First off, I think "eyes closed" is important, because even though we have the "^_^" ">_<" and "sleep" tags, there are instances in which a character has their eyes closed with more of a neutral expression, and are obviously not sleeping- or have more of a peaceful look, like when someone's praying. xD There are a couple pictures where the eyes are closed but a character is standing. So I think the possible description would be something like:
Neutral expression in which the eyes are closed, not sleeping or smiling, etc.

I also think "pipe" and "smoke" or "smoking" tags would be useful, because there are quite a few images of traditionally dressed characters smoking a pipe. Such as XXXHolic's Yuuko, or original characters. Possible descriptions might be:
(For pipe) Smoking instrument, may or may not be producing smoke
(For smoke/smoking) Cigarettes, cigars, smoke produced by these or cloudiness/smoke in image

Also, "balloon" tag has been suggested before, but I think it would make a good addition, since there are quite a few images featuring them, such as Luka in Just Be Friends images, and many other character both original and from manga/anime either holding them, surrounded by them, or otherwise. Possible description:
Balloons, may refer to decorative/party balloons, hot air balloons/etc for transportation and the like.

Lastly, I think a "pose" tag might sufficiently cover characters posing, or making v/peace signs with their hands/fingers, things like that. Poses are very common on shuu. :3 Just a consideration.
Description: Peace sign, cute poses with the body, hands, fingers, etc, characters posing as if taking a picture/photo shoot posing

And "monster" might be helpful when you're trying to tag a dragon, beast, or other creature that's a bit difficult to fit under the "animal" tag. They're a couple pictures like that I think. ^^
Description: Large or otherwise scary or unusual creatures, not recognized as an official species, "fairy tale" creatures

I think that's all the ideas I have for now, but I remember marking a few down somewhere, I'll post some more possibilities when I remember/find them. I hope that maybe some of these tag suggestions make it!
Last edited by Kairi-chan on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

All of these were suggested before, but I don't think any of them made it.
No idea if they were rejected or just not discussed yet, though.
Kairi-chan

Post by Kairi-chan »

Ah, my other suggestions were:

Injury/hurt (This has been coming up a bit lately, such as with small amounts of blood in pictures where characters are injured, bruised or scratched skin, or as with a broken arm/leg/etc with casts, also eyes that have been injured, can probably work in conjunction with bandage.)
Possible Description: Physically injured, bleeding, bruised, scraped, scratched, etc

Sick (For characters that look sick, are in bed/bedridden, being fed, have an ice bag on their heads and thermometer in their mouths.)
Possible Description: Sick, as with a cold/virus or other ailment, can be characterized by miscoloring of the face and/or body (Such as a nauseated green), or thermometer for taking temperature, ice bag on head, in bed, ill-appearing characters

Just some other suggestions. I'm aware that some or all of these may have been previously suggested, but I think that the more people suggest the same possible tag, the higher its chance of being reconsidered. ^^;