Content Warning

Have a good idea? Let us know
Isoroku22

Content Warning

Post by Isoroku22 »

I came with this idea only today.

During my usual search on Pixiv I've found a really nice image that would perfectly fit here. I went to see if that artist had any other good images to offer. Well he had good ones indeed including some quite noticable xxx images. Seeing them unexpectedly triggered some thoughts in my head.

Quite number of artist that have their images here draws not only cute or cool type images, but xxx ones as well. For example when members are browsing through board (while being at school/work) searching for images that they might like, and when they find one or two of those, they checking out all of that artists images posted on board, and if they are not satisfied by the amount (or when they didn't find any likeable ones) they go directly to artist site/pixiv profile in hope for finding more similar ones that caught their attention. And there to their surprise along with expected cute/cool ones they find xxx images. It can be bad if they are caught during such 'surprising discovery'.

Overall my idea is to create some sort of special marking (could be applied to links if artist isn't on ShuuShuu yet as well) for artists that draws all types images as way of warning users that such artist draws also that type of images as well. I based that idea on fact that most of the ShuuShuu members are in age that type images aren't for them to see , and that even older members that can see them, but wish to avoid seeing those.

I hope my idea is clear enough despite my messy writing since I tried my best putting those thoughts into words.
Yatchen

Re: Content Warning

Post by Yatchen »

The wiki contains an [NSFW] label in front of links to websites with inappropriate material. That is your content warning. ;)
Though, I will admit, I've found myself to be a bit lax in remembering to apply those warnings sometimes, and I no longer peruse the sites of all the artists I see because it takes so much time.

But the basic thing to know if that Pixiv is an NSFW website, and all artists may have explicit content on their site. If you're unfamiliar with a link, you shouldn't click it in an inappropriate place. And if you're too young to see that sort of stuff, you should get someone to check it out for you or something. We do our best, but this place is run by people. The content warning labels would be placed on things by people. So a more "real" system wouldn't really do anything.

However, if you see an artist's wiki entry that is missing a label, feel free to add it. In fact, we encourage it. That's why the wiki is editable by all users.

(And yes, I am assuming that the user is linking to the artist's site via the wiki. Anywhere else they could get the link is not under our jurisdiction.)
私は悪魔です。
Isoroku22

Post by Isoroku22 »

So that's how it is. Now I kind of feel stupid knowing that there is already something like an yet I'm writing something like that. It's good thing that I didn't write anything about giving those artists a different color type.

Sorry for taking your time.

Free to lock.
Last edited by Isoroku22 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Oh, hey, don't worry about it. ;)
It's not like it's a great system.
私は悪魔です。