Memberlist at imageboard

Have a good idea? Let us know

Do you want to see the imageboard's memberlist?

Yes, I want to see the image board's memberlist.
83%
No, It's fine the way it is.
17%

Total votes: 18

solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

nemesis the anime hunter wrote: hmmm did it just get realy cold in this forum or is it just me! :shock:
A chill ran down my spine for some reason.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

No need to worry I think, everyone of us has a bad day now and then, that's what makes us human.

I think Kagemaru may mean that for the E-shuushuu user community to be a good, viable, friendly and fun community and to actually work well, there's no real need for tools such a 'Who's online now' option on the image board since the point of the image board is to communicate with each other by sharing moe/kawaii and generally cute anime images.
We already have the 'reply' option to add comments to images to communicate and the E-shuushuu user community can further develop and have members interact through the forums.

If one would like to have other means to communicate with fellow E-shuushuu members, why not use tools like MSN or e-mail (instead of desiring the same functionality from the image board)?

As for which member you are, I feel it's a fun fact but it has no other real significance. Whether someone joined way back or just recently, what matters is how they contribute to E-shuushuu.
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

here's a question... Why are there sooo many users that Ive never seen post pic / comment anything that are on this list? Is there not a timespan to delete inactive users after a certain number of months (like a year or 1/2yr)?
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I haven't deleted users for inactivity so far.
e-shuushuu!
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

Kagemaru wrote:I don't care which number I am, nor do I care how many members we have/who are online now. I mean, what difference does it make really?

"Yay! I'm 2 numbers above you!" Does that make you superior? No. Do you get any benefits? No, of course not.
"Yay! A friend is online!" So? What are you planning to do then? Use ShuuShuu as a way to see if your friends are online?
"Yay! We have over 1000 members!" Well...allright, that's something to be proud of. But besides that I don't see any real good reason.

Sorry if I'm being a little bitchy, but I'm just don't agree with the whole thing. Sorry.
I can pretty much agree with all of that. If you're interested in keeping track of folks on shuu^2 for conversational purposes, exhange IMs. The member list is out there, so if you really want to see it, you can simply bookmark the page. It's not something the greater denominater is going to be interested in. Same goes for the who's online listing, and I've covered that anyway.

Oh, and on Shoutboxes: They suck. Sooner or later it's going to be 90% spam, and I don't want to have to spend as much or more time banning IPs for spamming the shoutbox as I do disabling images now ><

PPS - Since we're comparing user IDs, I'm lucky 13 :P For anyone interested, I reg'd the day after my b-day ^.^
Cardcaptor_RLH85

Post by Cardcaptor_RLH85 »

I just like having the memberlist available because of the little 'fun facts' that you can find. For example: the fact that the 'guest' account "anonymous baka" was created before the admin's account ^_^
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

anonymous_object wrote:I don't plan on adding a shoutbox since we've got the forums. And I have a feature that shows what users are logged on currently, but it's an admin only feature right now. I don't mind making it available to everyone but I need a place to link to it.
I really don't like having a cluttered main page, so yes, that is important to me =P
Ideas are appreciated
well could you post the link to see whos online here just like you did with the member list :?: [-o<