Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
December

Post by December »

Just came into my mind, a 'sister' tag would be suitable for sisters who are not 'twins'.
Check out my reviews on MyAnimeList Updated: 17/8/07
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

How would you know they're sisters without a context? I don't think it'd be a very good tag.
primetch

Post by primetch »

There could be more hair/eye colors to choose from: brown hair, black hair, blue hair, etc, not to mention colors of eyes. This would solve a few problems, no?
[witty remark here]
December

Post by December »

AngelLily wrote:How would you know they're sisters without a context? I don't think it'd be a very good tag.
If you know they are sisters in reference with the source then it can be applied.
Check out my reviews on MyAnimeList Updated: 17/8/07
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

primetch wrote:There could be more hair/eye colors to choose from: brown hair, black hair, blue hair, etc
There is a blue hair tag, though not for brown hair and black hair.

But if you really want brown hair and black hair tags, I guess that's fine since several other colors have their own tag already. Added the following hair related tags:
- brown hair
- black hair
- purple hair
- green hair
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I totally do not support tags for eye colors. It'd be a killer for the taggers.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Indeed, we now already have so many hair tags upon request, eye color tags might lead to have a bit too much tags.

Even though tags are a very welcome addition, we may not forget to use sources, character and artist names (when available) to search for images. We would perhaps best not only depend on tags.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Smithy wrote:
primetch wrote:There could be more hair/eye colors to choose from: brown hair, black hair, blue hair, etc
There is a blue hair tag, though not for brown hair and black hair.

But if you really want brown hair and black hair tags, I guess that's fine since several other colors have their own tag already. Added the following hair related tags:
- brown hair
- black hair
- purple hair
- green hair
This is exactly the reason we tried to avoid hair-color tags in the first place. :lol:
boele

Post by boele »

in the begin i saw the "tattoo" tag.
i think it would be a nice tag to add.
can use it for any symbols and suchs in images..
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

boele wrote:in the begin i saw the "tattoo" tag.
Use a tattoo tag for symbols in images?

If a tattoo tag is implemented it should only be used for images where a character has a tattoo, and not for random symbols in the image, it would defeat the purpose of the tag.
boele

Post by boele »

Smithy wrote:

If a tattoo tag is implemented it should only be used for images where a character has a tattoo, and not for random symbols in the image, it would defeat the purpose of the tag.
well.. i meant the tattoo's on chac in image's.. can't there be created one..
cause there is'nt one right ?
sorry i did not write it correctly..
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

I have one image that can use tattoo, and another in my personal gallery, which has probably been uploaded already.

Speaking of Tags, I think that Tsukikagerou should be added to the Anime/Manga tags. And Star Ocean 2 would be nice, ever seen how cute Rena is?
Ran

Post by Ran »

Smithy wrote:

Agreed, but do we really have enough applicable images in the first place?
tsukiko

Post by tsukiko »

Tag suggestions

Butterfly tag ^^

Waloli tag, for those poofy kimono with lace and such

And possibly taking out kimono and yukata tags ( :/ since the description of yukata is inaccurate simply for ease of use ) and changing it to Wafuku- Japanese Clothing.
Ran

Post by Ran »

tsukiko wrote:Butterfly tag ^^
Been considered and declined in the past.
tsukiko wrote:Waloli tag, for those poofy kimono with lace and such
I don't think we have an applicable number of images, nor is it popular/common enough to really be implied. Just use "dress", "kimono", or a similar tag to label it as such. Even using both the "gothic" and "kimono" tags would be sufficient. Considering that "waloli", or whatever it is, is just some strange method of combining the "gothic" fad with Japanese clothing, you could probably omit the "kimono" tag altogether.
tsukiko wrote:And possibly taking out kimono and yukata tags ( :/ since the description of yukata is inaccurate simply for ease of use ) and changing it to Wafuku- Japanese Clothing.
I don't forsee "kimono" or "yukata" being removed for one "wafuku" tag. If that were the case, then your "Waloli" tag would be disregarded as well and included with it. Just like the case with the "bloomer" tag, it is up to the image poster to READ THE TAG DESCRIPTIONS before tagging images. This is why tags have tag decriptions in the first place. While not all tags are technically correct, they are implemented in such a way that best suits our needs.