Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
AngelLily

Re: Tag Suggestion Thread

Post by AngelLily »

softfang wrote:I don't think you understood what I said. >_>

Think of "glasses"... You know how when you type "glasses" as a tag and when the image is posted, it says "megane"? Or how "comic" turns into "manga" after it's uploaded? Why not have the same for "thigh highs"? We can keep that, of course, but when the image is uploaded, it will list "zettai ryouiki", therefore teaching the people to use that more often.
I did know what you meant. But Zettai Ryouiki does not equal thigh highs. Zettai Ryouiki is the area between the thigh highs and the skirt, while the thigh highs is... Well, self-explanatory. They're not the same thing, so I don't think it should be an alias.

As Fuwari said, if the term becomes more well-known, we could always start discussing this again ^^

We do have a "cosplay" tag. Maybe it could work for those pictures you mentioned?

I don't know if creating a bunch of bag tags is a good idea, though... We'd be going back at being too technical.
Rosa Gigantea

Post by Rosa Gigantea »

"Pantyhose" tag?

Also, I suggested different tags for all of the different Dragon Quests. Each series (1-8) have different characters. If you guys have trouble tagging, you can contact me on MSN (deadbunny [at] hotmail.com)
Image Image
softfang

Post by softfang »

We need a "pillow" tag. I'm sick of labeling animal-pillows "stuffed animal" or something. It's confusing and weird to me. Please consider it.
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Merun

Post by Merun »

I'm sick of labeling animal-pillows "stuffed animal" or something. It's confusing and weird to me.
For one, you are right to being sick of labeling pillow as such.
For two, just don't tag it "stuffed animal" as such if you think it's not right, because it's called overtagging.

For the tag itself, I guess there are a few pics with girls hugging a pillow...

We already talked about the pantyhose tag but I don't remember what were the points. As far as I remember, I think some people were against it. Personally I don't mind having it since it could make the difference between "thigh high" clear.
Merun @ Twitter
Biba

Post by Biba »

Merun wrote: We already talked about the pantyhose tag but I don't remember what were the points. As far as I remember, I think some people were against it. Personally I don't mind having it since it could make the difference between "thigh high" clear.
Exactly what I was thinking. If we had a "pantyhose" tag, there would probably be less people making the mistake of tagging those images with "thigh high".
Starra

Post by Starra »

It is really annoying not having some sort of "dark skin" or "tanned" tag D:. I understand why we don't but I loves me some dark skinned girls.

[/spam]
ichigomomomya

Post by ichigomomomya »

I wan't to suggest that we should have two cosplay image tags.
One that is cosplay (photo) and one that is cosplay (art). We aren't allowed to post many cosplay photos so why the hell should we use the cosplay tag not anymore for arts with characters in a cosplay? It makes no sense, when it will stay like this we should also get tags for male images even though they are forbidden besides if they don't fit the rules which also is done for the cosplay images.
*Collects visual novel background scenes*
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

We use cosplay for images of a real life person cosplaying, and crossover when it's a drawn character.
I really don't see what the problem is.
Starra

Post by Starra »

Yeah, really. There's nothing wrong with it. It's better for searching purposes. Like, say, if you were looking for real life cosplay photos you wouldn't have to browse through hundreds of Lucky Star images.

It's not like we don't have many cosplay images, either. The total count (not including reposts/disabled images) is 534. Sure, it's not thousands but it's enough to be a standalone tag.

I vote to keep it the same as it is now.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Since I'm the one who pushed the clarification over these 2 tags, I will explain the choice.

First I looked back at the older picture tagged under both tag. If you go by the old logic that some people like you kept;

"cosplay" is applied to any person cosplaying another person.
"crossover" is for character from different series in the same image.

Then there is a lot of people that certainly didn't have the same logic.
The number of image which falls under that definition of cosplay far outweighed the number of crossover. However reality was different. There was roughly 750 images which were under cosplay, and a lot more of crossover. Looking at all the crossover, it was also oblivious that images which were tagged as crossover would in fact fall in the definition of cosplay.

So there was 2 problems that arise.

-We had around 1800 mistagged image under "crossover", since most of them doesn't meet the definition.

-This also show that the definition in people's mind is different that this one. For people, cosplay is mostly real life.

So the easiest solution was to change a bit the definition.

-Correcting the "cosplay" tagged image is easier and faster, but nevertheless it still took 2 hours for me to correct around 100-200 picture with some help from Starra.
-It's now easy to find real cosplay, which are tolerated in small amount on the board, unlike male only picture which are totally forbidden.
-The crossover tag now is used also for those anime character cosplaying.
-This also went into the same idea as most member on the board.

As for why I didn't choose to have 2 cosplay tag, it's also one of these reasons:
-The number of real crossover is quite low, not to say insignificant.
Merun @ Twitter
ichigomomomya

Post by ichigomomomya »

That makes no sense because you do with seperating the cosplay images to photos the same that you say "no" to which is that we don't have many cosplay images (which we have because this is a imageboard for DRAWN girls and not real ones like AngelLily said on the imageboard). Crossover and Cosplay will never be the same thing because the one is just using clothes of a different character and crossover being in the same world, drawing style or pose of another series. We even have pics where characters of the same series switch clothes and now tell me, what is crossover at them? Nothing, since it is the same series in the image...
*Collects visual novel background scenes*
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

They will never be the same thing, you have a point. But for tagging purposes, this is how we're going to operate. Because like Merun said, the number of pictures with characters cosplaying others is not really that significant to warrant its own tag. We're just going for practical methods, instead of too specific ones.
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

How about a bunny suit tag? Or playboy suit, or whatever you call those outfits.

Example:
http://e-shuushuu.net/image/112055
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

A "bunny girl" or "bunny suit" tag would be useful.
e-shuushuu!
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

I think "bunny suit" would be better. since 'bunny girl' can be added in the '"usa mimi".
[Signature space. $10]