Something that irks me

Have a good idea? Let us know
Oni

Something that irks me

Post by Oni »

A suggestion to all mods concerning sites that don't allow their images to be posted on other sites. All well and good disabling the image, but why not leave the link to the original site so that people can see the original picture?
Often I come across an "Image Disabled" , and a post saying "Artist does not allow his images to be posted on other sites." And that's it. No link. More often the disabler has been on the site concerned and has noticed the condition set by the artist and so disabled the image. Therefore a link to that page could be posted by the disabler, either in the image board, or here in the forums. A thread could be specifically created for those sites, and everytime a new image is disabled because of the above conditions, the link added to this thread.
Right. Now I've got this off my chest, I can breath again....... >_>;
RP Status;
Alys - Changing, evolving
Rein - Uncertain
Nana - Convalescing, uncertain.
Fettgans

Post by Fettgans »

I agree, but the problem is that most of those artist's homepages are not worksafe and that there is a policy to not post not worksafe links on the board. :cry:
|[ Current projects : DoujinSuki | CF ]|
Oni

Post by Oni »

Fettgans wrote:I agree, but the problem is that most of those artist's homepages are not worksafe and that there is a policy to not post not worksafe links on the board. :cry:
That thought had crossed my mind, but then at the very least, the artist's name should be mentioned, and with that we can do our own searches.
RP Status;
Rein - Uncertain
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I think we do usually add the artists name, no?

Else maybe we should review the policy on artists website links... (only for artists websites then).
Oni

Post by Oni »

Smithy wrote:I think we do usually add the artists name, no?
Not always.
RP Status;
Rein - Uncertain
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Oni wrote:Not always.
Well if it's forgotten now and then, that's a shame but not the end of the world you know, don't worry about it. :)