Series tags

Have a good idea? Let us know
amfest

Series tags

Post by amfest »

I've recently noticed there are tags starting to appear that are full series/source tags and I don't really know if they should fall into the same tag area. There are many series and it'll just bloat the tag area imo. If anything how about a similar tagging system but dedicated to the anime/manga source area instead so it has it's seperate section and a bit more column listed. But unlike the tag system it allows you to fill in your own title but as typing like a title .. if it's already listed in the system it does an auto complete drop list for you to choose from. Then just add a Source link on the nav bar. At least to me this would be better organized.
Rosa Gigantea

Re: Series tags

Post by Rosa Gigantea »

I agree with Amfest. I think it's a good idea to have a seperate "tag-like" system for anime series. But it sounds kinda difficult for the mods. T_T
Image Image
amfest

Post by amfest »

Rosa Gigantea wrote:I agree with Amfest. I think it's a good idea to have a seperate "tag-like" system for anime series. But it sounds kinda difficult for the mods. T_T
which is why I sugggested the auto complete system so there won't be too many versions out there. Well if you type a different spelling it doesn't create a new series tag .. it just wont' be listed there. . .

Well to make it easier to spot that it IS a proper series tag is that it's linkable to it's series search page . . then whenever a mod sees a non linkable one they can just check to see if it's a series added . and if so . .adjust or decide if there are enough images to warrent a series/manga source tag.

it could help with better uniform naming of series/manga sources. Like I could use the search function but you have to a bit vague and use wild cards to gather all the images if they are even marked. And then you'll get a multitde of various other series at times that can make what should be 12 pages of images to 50 something pages at the max image display number per page >_>.
canis

Post by canis »

amfest wrote:it could help with better uniform naming of series/manga sources. Like I could use the search function but you have to a bit vague and use wild cards to gather all the images if they are even marked. And then you'll get a multitde of various other series at times that can make what should be 12 pages of images to 50 something pages at the max image display number per page >_>.
Very true. It also prevents typos or just different ways of writing a series name. eg. Sailor Moon and Sailormoon. (and yes I stole that one from the column that limon_butterfly linked to awhile ago)
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I have no idea what you're talking about... there are no series tags listed in the tag list...
Just relax for a bit, people... all will be revealed in due time =P
e-shuushuu!
Ran

Post by Ran »

anonymous_object wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about... there are no series tags listed in the tag list...
I think he means to implement a system (like the tagging system) for anime series. For instance, when filling out the anime source on a new image, if you type '"Fat" then Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia would pop-up on the side and you click which one is applicable.
amfest

Post by amfest »

anonymous_object wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about... there are no series tags listed in the tag list...
you evil tester you :P .. I love your test / disappearing test methods ..lol. Welp I wasn't sure if it was you or some tagging mod deciding . .lets add lucky star and full moon! XD
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

Sure would be easy, but I think that for some series it would look a bit like a mess to have all the different possible titles in the system.

Just take a small example with not too many images on the board:
Memories Off... We don't have that many images of it on the board, but I would personally to agree to tag an image from the "Memories Off" and "Memories Off ~ Sorekara" as just "Memories Off". Why because the character design is from a totally different artist, and... well it is a different game + other differences. imagine someone looking for an image from a particular game but not really knowing what he/she is looking for. Using the memories off tag in the series source area will result in a complete list of all images for all games. The person would still not know what image belongs to a particular game. And I also think it is a waste to add all the titles as a tag.

However I don't see a problem having a series tag for titles as Lucky Star Haruhi.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.