Image board banners?

Have a good idea? Let us know
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

Drake wrote:well first of all Ladysakura,I have to say sorry for the comment I will post now,it's very direct,and it may be hurting,but it's with comments like that that we improve on photoshop..

your banner is very bad done and have a lot of errors.

first thing:the font you used...it's damn ugly,too much pixellated,a color that dont have nothing to do with the rest of the pic,and the rotation is just useless,cause we cant see very well what's written,it's not something we can just stick on a website banner ,not mention that you didnt use any shadow or external light effect,wich would have been better
second thing:the characters are placed a bit too much randomly,it's somehow okay with sakura and misuzu but the sailor moon girl and kero dosent have anything to do here ,also the shadow effect is way too hard,you should have
reduced the opacity of the shadow and also added an exterenal border or external light,it's the most important thing when sticking characters in a white background
and finally:the background,well,I dont have anything to say here,it's just that the colors dont go well with sakura and it's a bit sad cause it's kinda cute with misuzu

and that's all,I hope you will not hate me for saying such things,but trust me ,it's some absolutly killing comments like that from friends of mine on my first works that gave me the will to learn more and more to try and master photoshop , and sorry ^^

as for the banner,I dont personally have the time this days but I will try and make something too ,wait and see ^^
If you can't give constructive criticism, then don't give any. This is NOT acceptable.
Drake

Post by Drake »

AnimeJ wrote:
Drake wrote:well first of all Ladysakura,I have to say sorry for the comment I will post now,it's very direct,and it may be hurting,but it's with comments like that that we improve on photoshop..

first thing:the font you used...it's damn ugly,too much pixellated,a color that dont have nothing to do with the rest of the pic,and the rotation is just useless,cause we cant see very well what's written,it's not something we can just stick on a website banner ,not mention that you didnt use any shadow or external light effect,wich would have been better
second thing:the characters are placed a bit too much randomly,it's somehow okay with sakura and misuzu but the sailor moon girl and kero dosent have anything to do here ,also the shadow effect is way too hard,you should have
reduced the opacity of the shadow and also added an exterenal border or external light,it's the most important thing when sticking characters in a white background
and finally:the background,well,I dont have anything to say here,it's just that the colors dont go well with sakura and it's a bit sad cause it's kinda cute with misuzu

and that's all,I hope you will not hate me for saying such things,but trust me ,it's some absolutly killing comments like that from friends of mine on my first works that gave me the will to learn more and more to try and master photoshop , and sorry ^^

as for the banner,I dont personally have the time this days but I will try and make something too ,wait and see ^^
If you can't give constructive criticism, then don't give any. This is NOT acceptable.
if you think that this is not a constructive criticism then read again one more time and try to understand,because I explained very precisly what are the errors she made,I personally think that it is the principe of criticism but if you have another idea of what I should say , please explain me ^^
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

I did read it. You tore her up one side and down the other; then used your own experiences as justification. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. As I said; If you can only offer destructive criticism, then keep it to yourself.
Drake

Post by Drake »

AnimeJ wrote:I did read it. You tore her up one side and down the other; then used your own experiences as justification. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. As I said; If you can only offer destructive criticism, then keep it to yourself.
explaining the errors is not really what I see as "toring her one side and down the other" it's the only way to improve in art ,I gave her instructions,advices,of course based on my own exprerience,if I wanted to make a plain destructive critic I would have only said "your ban is ugly..point",that's not what I did ^^
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

Let's dig into what you said that really pissed me off, shall we?

well first of all Ladysakura,I have to say sorry for the comment I will post now,it's very direct,and it may be hurting,but it's with comments like that that we improve on photoshop..

The first thing you did was apologize for insulting her. We're off to a rolling start so far.

Saying that the font was "damn ugly" was WAY overboard. This comment was completely unneeded, but hey! now we know why you got that apology out of the way.

It's nice that you would have done it that way; forcing your opinions on others is NOT constructive criticism.

Insult to injury. You've already insulted her; this is pure spite.

nd that's all,I hope you will not hate me for saying such things,but trust me ,it's some absolutly killing comments like that from friends of mine on my first works that gave me the will to learn more and more to try and master photoshop , and sorry ^^

And the justificaction, I'll paraphrase: "People have done it to me, so I'll do it to you"

As I said before, quite clearly: THIS TYPE OF CRITCISM IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. There is nothing further to discuss on the matter. If you can't criticize someone without insulting them, then simply don't. I don't need or want an explanation; I don't care to hear any excuses you could possibly come up with.
Drake

Post by Drake »

aha I knew you will make a post like that ,well as I see there is no meaning to try explaining this things to you,I will let ladysakura decide by herself ,if she thinks that my post was useless and she didnt learn anything then I'll shut my mouth and never say anymore about this topic but if she just tries and follow my advices she'll make things even more beautiful i'm sure about it ^^
ah and just one thing I need to add
And the justificaction, I'll paraphrase: "People have done it to me, so I'll do it to you"
when I go back to my first works and see the obvious errors I was doing and no one was here to tell me anything useful to improve or they just said this stupid things like "ooh it's nice for a first ban but you have to work more" I find that the real people who helped me are the ones who said the truth about what they was thinking and then i'll say yes,people have done it to me,I became more and more good and now I win contests ,I have a lot of requests and I'm happy to see good comments on my works in my other forums, and I'm happy now to do it to other people ^^
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

Thread Closed. If someone wants to start this over, please do.