Chat?

Have a good idea? Let us know
Watanuki

Chat?

Post by Watanuki »

I know the moderators have enough issues to deal with, but has anyone considered an IRC channel just to idle/chat in?

The forums are working great, but conversation seems a bit limited due to topic, response time, and my own inability to think of a topic. I think it'd be neat to just log into a channel, see who's online, and say hello.
Drake

Post by Drake »

I approve Watanuki's suggestion! It's a good thing to have a chan to discuss a bit about everything and learn more about each other,we can also exchange our links,favorite pics,and talk about useless topics ^^
I think it will be very fun ^^
amfest

Post by amfest »

hmm about the only chat I go to these days is the p2p anime network I still reside on though it's in it's death throes ...used to have over 6k users now i'm only seeing about 48-80 users at a time . .lol. The dedicated few who still lurk in the chat room all day which is dead most of the time . ..LOL. And all we do is tend to poke fun at each other in insults and such XD . . . it's like the o' ball n' chain. But I love each and everyone of them! :D

Hmm . . I "might" consider a chat if I can do the login through an applet or something since I really hate regular irc clients. I know there are lil applet based things that can easily setup a room on their networks or something. Maybe consider that? I think some even have the option for regular irc clients to connect also.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

eh, I don't know... I really don't see a chat thingy being necessary. We've already got the image board posts and now the forum. :-/
Besides, I've relaxed the pruning on the general forum if you haven't noticed.
Threads stick around for 2 months now... I think the shuushuu community is small enough to allow the general forum to be used more (I didn't really like the idea at first). I may remove pruning altogether if it continues like this.
e-shuushuu!
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

What about KR's chan?
anonymous_object
Site Admin

AnimeJ wrote:What about KR's chan?
Yeah, shuushuu people could join the kawaii-radio channel as kawaii-radio and e-shuushuu are pretty closely tied (I wonder why) >_<
It's #kawaii-radio on irc.chatsociety.net
We'll see if anyone's interested =P
e-shuushuu!
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

hmmm the only things i know how to use is MSN and ICQ.......can we use that to chat?...........................and if not can you type how to use irc...and if yes do it like its for a 5 year old cos i have no idea what the hell irc is...
im a hardware sort of person...not software...... :?
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

If you have Trillian, that has an IRC client built in. IRC overall isn't hard to use; I'd suggest googling for IRC guides and whatnot; they're all over the place.

As to #kawaii-radio, I'm usually in there, along with a host of other folks.
TinkTenshi

Post by TinkTenshi »

I do not know... I do not tend to meddle with chat if it's not MSN or ICQ or thingys like that... cuz chat sometimes are dangerous>< I learned about it on another page (not direct damage but the community the chat was for got a big damage)
Bí taibhreamh id chodladh 'S na haingil ag faire ort * May dreams fill your slumber and the angels stay close ;)
Fettgans

Post by Fettgans »

I agree with Watanuki and Drake (and with everyone).

If Anony don't mind, those who are interested could just setup an unofficial irc chan for e-shuushuu members so the admin and mods wouldn't have to care about that.
|[ Current projects : DoujinSuki | CF ]|
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

Like me and anon both said, he already runs one irc chan, for KR.. sorta shuu^2's sister site.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

If users aren't interested in the #kawaii-radio channel, an unofficial channel is okay with me. I just don't want to have to keep track of yet another thing :-/
e-shuushuu!
gourry_gabriev610

Post by gourry_gabriev610 »

I wouldn't think you would need to do much to keep track of, if e-shuushuu got an unoffical irc. All of the people I have met on e-shuushuu are really good people. And I think we have all grown into a close nit community. We would all respect each other on the chat, and as long as you have to be a member of e-shuushuu, that way we wouldn't have anon baka troll baiters/ flamers. A chat would be very nice, because it would allow us to get to know each other in really time.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

The idea sounds good, although it does seem more convenient for e-shuushuu visitors to hang in kawaii-radio's IRC channel -at least at first-

However, I'll honestly say I'm not online to chat that often, I usually only hang in an IRC channel long enough for my downloads to complete.
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

anonymous_object wrote:If users aren't interested in the #kawaii-radio channel, an unofficial channel is okay with me. I just don't want to have to keep track of yet another thing :-/
Eh, your call, I suppose. I've just never been a fan of 'unofficial' chans and whatnot.