Option for mods: Redirect Favorites

Have a good idea? Let us know
Quenlin

Option for mods: Redirect Favorites

Post by Quenlin »

Fairly often, an image is a repost, and the inferior or newest identical is disabled. But the favorites remain.

Perhaps a "Disable and Redirect Favorites" option for the mods, where they put in the image ID of the better image, and all favorites put on the image being disabled are directed to that particular image.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Hmmm, that's actually a pretty good idea. I thought about having a special way for mods to specify the activated image when disabling another but thought it would slow down the mods too much.
However, now that I think about it, the mods are really good about posting a link to the enabled image as a comment in the disabled one so this could work pretty well.
e-shuushuu!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

anonymous_object wrote:the mods are really good about posting a link to the enabled image as a comment in the disabled one
That's because we're not allowed to disable an image as a repost without providing a link to the original (or better) image.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Smithy wrote:
anonymous_object wrote:the mods are really good about posting a link to the enabled image as a comment in the disabled one
That's because we're not allowed to disable an image as a repost without providing a link to the original (or better) image.
Hah, that's right and don't forget it! =P
e-shuushuu!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

anonymous_object wrote:Hah, that's right and don't forget it! =P
Will you spank me if I do? .... Onegai?

:P
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Mmmm... Rider getting spanked...

Wait, what? o_O Also, I second this suggestion. Just last week I was wondering about something like that myself as I was going through my favorites and tried pruning out all the ones that were disabled for one reason or another, but then I gave up after about 10 pages. @_@