Rainmeter Tutorials by Amfest

Talk about images!
amfest

Rainmeter Tutorials by Amfest

Post by amfest »

Well I've started the first tutorial and wanted some feedback on my rambling XD

http://amfest.org/7am/?q=node/9

First tutorial so far is just about setting up your skin dir and starting an ini file from scratch. I'm basically walking you through the options as best as I can with small examples. Also the first tutorial doesn't have any measures in it . . .meaning no hard drive info, cpu info, etc. It just starts you off on how to add in backgrounds and image placement. Not totally sure how to handle some of the measures next as they can all be sorta done in the same way if you want. I can go over a few examples of how to make it look maybe? and then switch out the measures in a meter over and over to show how we can change it? Like I can show you 3 or more ways in a skin how to display your hard drive info and then switch it with cpu? Let me know what you think. Thanks.
amfest

Post by amfest »

I must be crazy since no one commented on my first rainmeter tutorial but I went ahead and created a tutorial two. This tutorial goes over creating a measure to read and then a meter to display the drive space and various other info pertaining to that. I go over text display and even how to display a bar to show the information. As usual it's in the same place

http://amfest.org/7am/?q=node/9

Let me know what you think.
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

Really good!Do you have MSN?We can trade ideas by it ^^
amfest

Post by amfest »

I've added two more tutorials

Tutorial Three - CPU, Memory, Swap . . . Oh my!

Tutorial Four - Net In, Net Out, Histogram and Line

Moving down the road you should begin to understand better how things work. And be used to shifting through the code. It's rather easy especially when you work your way up from nothing. The next tutorials are going to get a bit more complicated and I'm in debates on which to go to first. There is so much to clicks and it's not something I'm totally familar with . .even though i did do a clock sorta edit it was still a difficult task to get running correctly. Then there is using quite a bit to the webparser which can be used for things like a RSS feed . .retreviing IP addy, downloading images and stuff. After that we have Plugins which are a whole other world .. with things like Windows Messages which is the nifty way to control other windows via hotkeys. Like controlling winamp from rainmeter. But you have to get the window codes in order to accomplish this. BTW the webparser is part of the plugins. Then we have Bangs which are things that can show and hide meters, Move them around, disable them, Execute programs and launch browser links from a hotkey. Buttons and Bitmaps. Bitmaps are ways to have an animation. Which you use a calc formula in order to figure out your framerate and such. I Think I might brush over show and hide bangs in the next tutorial and get into buttons and basic winamp controls.

Either way I hope people find this useful.
amfest

Update

Post by amfest »

New tutorial added

Tutorial Five - Variables, Hiding/Showing Meters, Hotspots, and Buttons

This tutorial covered quite a bit since some of the parts of the tutorial overlapped each other. I hope I didn't make it too confusing. I decided it was best to get famiilar with some of this before attempting commands to control other programs like winamp.
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

AMFEST!!WITH THIS TUTORIALS I CAN MAKE MY RAINMETERS!!I LOVE YOU!! *HUGS*
MahoroSakiMay

Post by MahoroSakiMay »

Wow! This was amazing!

I had only very cautiously fooled around editing a skin I liked before, but wanted to learn more about it. I have only done the first tutorial and I am quite pleased.

Of course, I used different image files, and that is what made it quite impressive! Almost no effort for something that looked really great!

I used as a background, a medium sized picture of a blooming cherry blossom tree ... and as the meter image, a Mahoro image. Looks great :)

I will be having fun playing with Rainmeter instead of just using the plain skin I have had for a while now (Black Glass) ... it is clean, but I would much rather make my own :D

I cannot thank you enough ;)
ecchina no wa ikenaito omoimasu!