The drawing topic!

Talk about images!
NekoKero

Re: The drawing topic!

Post by NekoKero »

Im not really all that great at shading either and most of the time Ill just skip it or draw it fairly light so its not the emphasis but its still there
As far as the designing goes it does look great, if I attempted to do just a quick sketch of something like that it would take days but thats just cause Im extremely slow and kinda a perfectionist with my art so if any line looks off by even alil then Ill spend hours just erasing and redrawing that one line until its acceptable
Im still in high school but my school just offers weird classes like aerospace engineering and small engine repair and firefighter training and atleast 15 different art classes and some of them you can take with the local college but Ive always been the 2nd best artist in my family but I get better by not drawing XD its just weird how I am cause I get better at everything by not doing it for a really long time and then I try and Im just so much better! and practicing everyday does nothing to improve so Im just weird >>
Broken english is fine X) I have alot of friends who talk in it and the only thing is that I have to resist urges to teach them how to make it grammatically correct, and they are some strong urges lol
Andell

Post by Andell »

You're not weird, NekoKero, I've had this feeling I've been getting better at some things without working for it too. Still, practice and observation does help in a different way to improve, by making you realize what you miss or don't yet consider in your activity.

One more request done. Still one more to go, and I can draw for fun again !

I've modified the way I was dealing with shadow. 'love the result.
NekoKero

Post by NekoKero »

I am too weird like right now Im crying T.T I learned too that along with getting better without doing anything Im really flexible and I can any make any part of my body start shaking and have a massive twitching spasm which both freak people out but I just like the attention...but observation is good too, Id say that helps me alot too because I have a photographic memory and I can draw something Im looking at almost exactly like I see it and looking at how people shade certain things like on a person helps me when I normally wouldnt know since I never really took any art classes to learn
BamBam;

Post by BamBam; »

;*messs upp*

*goes back to fix later*
Last edited by BamBam; on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuki2

Post by Yuki2 »

*squees* >w<
Its so adorable Bammy! As always~ <333
I love my oh-so-snazzy peace sign and blue rabbit ears. <3333
*huggles Bammy*
ksen

Post by ksen »

2 NekoKero
As far as the designing goes it does look great, if I attempted to do just a quick sketch of something like that it would take days but thats just cause Im extremely slow and kinda a perfectionist with my art so if any line looks off by even alil then Ill spend hours just erasing and redrawing that one line until its acceptable
Im still in high school but my school just offers weird classes like aerospace engineering and small engine repair and firefighter training and atleast 15 different art classes and some of them you can take with the local college but Ive always been the 2nd best artist in my family but I get better by not drawing XD its just weird how I am cause I get better at everything by not doing it for a really long time and then I try and Im just so much better! and practicing everyday does nothing to improve so Im just weird >>
I don't think so.
See. You may be actually draw more good than last picture you drawn. It, in some way, logical. But too long pauses are not acceptable if you are really want to draw well. Drawing is not about a talent or anything. It's about a skill. You can not get skill without training. You can eventually draw and keep thinking that your work is good, sometimes it'll be really good becouse of "idealistic" thing. But with this you'll not get any good. It's my opinion though.
For real work, which needs drawng skill, without trained skill it'll not good for anything.
I'm already 21, close to 22. I never draw in school, and start drawing around 2-3 years ago. Everyday at academy I see a lot of people who can drawing so much more cool than I so it was very discouraging for me.
But little by little I was moving up, now I see some mistakes in others and my work. I see different attitude toward drawing. For example I hate people (my classmates) who saying something like: "I'm sick of this thing which we are drawing! I got enough! I do not want drawing this!". It gets on my nerves. (They are so loud, so I can hear them through music at headphones). They ever looking not at the real thing which we drawing, but at the "example works" to get good mark...
You are still in HighSchool and this is just great. Really, I'm envy to your classes. I have nothing like this in my school days. You still got a long way to go, so I am.
I got a talk with my friend yesterday, about art and so on. He ended my academy this year, and got work in game-development company as illustrator. He says that even he most skilled there - he see a lot of room for improve himself. There are no limit for art skill. You just need draw always, he said.
I don't care how much time it'll take, but I will become an illustrator, and will do my own comics.
I am too weird like right now Im crying T.T I learned too that along with getting better without doing anything Im really flexible and I can any make any part of my body start shaking and have a massive twitching spasm which both freak people out but I just like the attention...but observation is good too, Id say that helps me alot too because I have a photographic memory and I can draw something Im looking at almost exactly like I see it and looking at how people shade certain things like on a person helps me when I normally wouldnt know since I never really took any art classes to learn
I don't want to be rude, but I think it's self-deception. It's okay for your age, I was like this too. I'm still self-deceit myself in some ways. Of course It's not good to do that, but you must understand that it is nothing more than self-deception.
You CAN NOT be any good if you are NOT doing anything but thinking about it. Sorry for rudeness again. But it's simple truth. We all humans, talent is good, but without trained skill we'll not get to anywhere.
P.S. Today I'm going to hometown for 2 weeks, and I'm not sure that there will be acces to Net. Have a good last summer days.
I am from planet otaku.
NekoKero

Post by NekoKero »

I only draw better when I force myself to, when Im just drawing then I can see that nothings better but if I actually make myself draw better then I do, its like that with other things like how Im really out of shape but really skinny and I cant even walk to the mailbox with out getting tired when it doesnt even take 2 minutes and I cant do 2 pushups lol but if I force myself then I can do things like run a mile in under 7 minutes and do 40 situps in a minute but then Im normally so tired or in pain so much that I start laying on the floor XD
To me skill can be obtained without training as talent, training just polishes the skill or if you have no talent then it can increase skill but there are alot of people who can be no good at something and train forever and still be no good so its mainly contained by a persons mentality to the speed and prowess a person could acquisite but I dont want to talk about this too much
I normally dont have something to draw so I just sketch random abstracts but I get annoyed when people talk when I have headphones cause mine are extremely loud and if I hear anything other then it then Ill get in a mood >>
I dont like my high school cause it doesnt have string orchestra which is what Im taking next year ( Im going to play viola X3 ) and I try to fail my classes on purpose and I forgot what else I was gonna say XI
Im very self-deceptionistic XD its more of what I believe in, Im a hypocrite on purpose and deceive everyone from my real nature but thats cause Im crazy, sadistical and somewhat masochistic and if I let anyone see then theyd know but I dont because almost all of what Id say would strike alot of people as offensive but its not like I really care what they think I just dont like ignorant people getting attitudes so Ill never say whats on my mind unless someones actually interested
My hometowns about a day away but I grew up in a town with a population of only 213 people according to the 2000 census
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

Finally starting to get back into drawing again after getting back from France.

USUK love!
For D-chan
(I finally drew a kiss... sorta...lol)
Mini-comics are fun to draw
(even if I do get lazy while screentoning...)
topzter

Post by topzter »

mmm haven't posted here for a long time but here since this one is a experimental style is still need alot of things to be refined
http://i38.tinypic.com/2a5ei4l.jpg
PowereD

Post by PowereD »

@Andell: I seriously love your image. :) Hmm... Sasuke's eyes should be a tad closer. Other than that it looks great!

@ Flow-tan: Omgshhdhfsd I squealed and my heart went doki!! >w< Draw some *cough* Germany/Prussia *cough* *w*

@Topzter: Oww... For being experimental it looks awesome! :)

It's been awhile and well the other day I completed FMA: Brotherhood. It was extremely enjoyable and it left a huge impression on me.
I <3 Alphonse~

ばかな~ (=w=)
^Stole from Endo-chan. <3
RP Stats - Kotoba Shimazu, Level: 1 - Novice
Strength: 8
Perception: 5
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 3
Inteligence: 2
Agility: 7
Luck: 2
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

What?! Not one rare person though two!? Today really is a unusual day 8D
Kidding aside wonderful sketches from both topz and D-chan. :3
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

@Topz: Why are even your experiments so good?!
Not fair... lol :P

@D-tan: Love your Al, literally wouldn't havve the patience to draw him myself - waaaay too complex for my attention span lol
You want Germancest? o.o
Erm... I'll have a go? But my last attempt at drawing Germany went reeeally badly and I'm having to redraw it ^^;;

I have some new on my professional artist/student career
I got commissioned the other day!
Admittedly it's to draw something I've never done before and it's very complicated, but it includes being paid to do my art, which is very exciting for me! It means I'm actually getting somewhere :D
The image itself is going to be of skeleton birds in a gothic style, which is new for me but I'll give anything a go once lol :P
topzter

Post by topzter »

lol its not like im on that professional level yet, and as for that sketches i do and so. its not like i instantly become this good takes a long time for me to achieve it and still not satisfied with my works at all. kinda depressing yet its a good thing that your not satisfied on your work. it makes a bit more room for more improvement.
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

Who?

Quick update.
Trying to relax before tomorrow, when I get my A-Level results >.>
Ruhisu

Post by Ruhisu »

Hisashiburi all ;)
Its been a while since my last update so it is time for one.
Of course what Ruhisu would upload... XD Again, scars and guns XD
Presenting the main character for a doujinshi which I am working on with friends from team Project Tornado ;)