What's the title of this book about a cat?

Other misc discussion
Julia

What's the title of this book about a cat?

Post by Julia »

Some time ago (late 90's~very early 00's) I read this book about a dude who just got a cat. The things I remember clearly about it were:

1) he had to start taking baths instead of showers because the cat preferred the water to be horizontal (i.e. the cat would freak out when the water was vertical). The cat owner rationalized this by saying "baths get you cleaner anyway"

2) there were chapters about the cat's "foreign policy" and his "domestic policy" (meaning his attitudes toward things outside the home and inside the home)

3) one time the dude brought some woman over to check out the cat because he was sick or something and she said "Where are we?" and he said "This is the living room" but what she had meant was "Where is the cat." The narrator said something like "It became clear that this was the type of woman who says to a patient after his surgery, 'Would we like our orange juice now?'"

I know it's a long shot that anybody on shuushuu can name that book but it's worth a try.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Julia

Re: What's the title of this book about a cat?

Post by Julia »

I found the book randomly lying around the house. It's "The Cat who Came for Christmas" by Cleveland Amory.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Oh cool. Sorry we weren't any help, haha.
私は悪魔です。
Julia

Post by Julia »

No problem. I really should have asked on Amazon.com forums.