E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Other misc discussion
Sara
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by Sara » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Emii wrote:we won't bite at all.
I do. :)

User avatar
-Ninetails-
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by -Ninetails- » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:28 am

@pikaplup2
Well i watched most of the popular animes like Deathnote, Elfenlied, Hellsing, K-ON!, Neon Genesis Evangelion and more.
I really enjoyed Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, GANTZ and Black Rock Shooter for example.
But i have also seen Animes like Strike Witches, Shuffle, Last Exile, Rosario + Vampire, Devil May Cry, Chobbits, Clannad and Kanon.

Concerning Oktoberfest: Many people thing its very special in Germany, but it is not. It is a kind of South-German thing and only once a year. I have never been there, i guess its more a tourist thing :D
Of course, there are other folk festivals. Where i come from, every year is the "Schützenfest" (translated maybe "Marksman Festival"). Everyone drinks a lot of german beer and some guys shoot on a target. Who shoots best, becomes the "Schützenkönig" (Marksman King) and he marches through the village with music and stuff. There are also games for the children.
This is how it looks in a little town:

Image

Image

It may look a bit military, but dont worry. This is the only time in the year when germans do stuff like this :D
And not everyone likes the festival, some stay home and do other stuff.



@Sara
Don't bite me :P

pikaplup2
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by pikaplup2 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:32 am

-Ninetails- wrote:@pikaplup2
Well i watched most of the popular animes like Deathnote, Elfenlied, Hellsing, K-ON!, Neon Genesis Evangelion and more.
I really enjoyed Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, GANTZ and Black Rock Shooter for example.
But i have also seen Animes like Strike Witches, Shuffle, Last Exile, Rosario + Vampire, Devil May Cry, Chobbits, Clannad and Kanon.

Concerning Oktoberfest: Many people thing its very special in Germany, but it is not. It is a kind of South-German thing and only once a year. I have never been there, i guess its more a tourist thing :D
Of course, there are other folk festivals. Where i come from, every year is the "Schützenfest" (translated maybe "Marksman Festival"). Everyone drinks a lot of german beer and some guys shoot on a target. Who shoots best, becomes the "Schützenkönig" (Marksman King) and he marches through the village with music and stuff. There are also games for the children.
This is how it looks in a little town:

Image

Image

It may look a bit military, but dont worry. This is the only time in the year when germans do stuff like this :D
And not everyone likes the festival, some stay home and do other stuff.

Wow that looks so cool! And super fun! Have you ever been marksman king?

@Sara
Don't bite me :P

User avatar
-Ninetails-
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by -Ninetails- » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:06 pm

I think you wrote in the quote, it looks like you wrote nothing. :D

But i have never been Marksman King. It is very expensive, you need to pay for the celebration i think :D

pikaplup2
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by pikaplup2 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:41 pm

-Ninetails- wrote:I think you wrote in the quote, it looks like you wrote nothing. :D

But i have never been Marksman King. It is very expensive, you need to pay for the celebration i think :D
Sorry...orz. thank you for answering all the questions I had. I learned a whole bunch ( ^ o ^ ). Does german beer taste better than american beer?

User avatar
-Ninetails-
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by -Ninetails- » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:09 pm

pikaplup2 wrote: Sorry...orz. thank you for answering all the questions I had. I learned a whole bunch ( ^ o ^ ). Does german beer taste better than american beer?
Well i have to admit, i never really tasted american beer.
But i know some people who did and they said it tasted very bad in comparison to german beer ("It tastes like piss.").
I dont know...i do not love beer so much like others. I dont drink much alcohol.

Maybe we could get a "Iam from country X, ask me anything" Thread going?
Then we do not spam this thread with the questions :D
You could tell me where you are from then :)

pikaplup2
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by pikaplup2 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:41 pm

-Ninetails- wrote:
pikaplup2 wrote: Sorry...orz. thank you for answering all the questions I had. I learned a whole bunch ( ^ o ^ ). Does german beer taste better than american beer?
Well i have to admit, i never really tasted american beer.
But i know some people who did and they said it tasted very bad in comparison to german beer ("It tastes like piss.").
I dont know...i do not love beer so much like others. I dont drink much alcohol.

Maybe we could get a "Iam from country X, ask me anything" Thread going?
Then we do not spam this thread with the questions :D
You could tell me where you are from then :)
That sounds like a great idea! I'm from America...I am a little shy about sharing things on the web sorry..

User avatar
-Ninetails-
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by -Ninetails- » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:49 pm

pikaplup2 wrote:
-Ninetails- wrote:
pikaplup2 wrote: Sorry...orz. thank you for answering all the questions I had. I learned a whole bunch ( ^ o ^ ). Does german beer taste better than american beer?
Well i have to admit, i never really tasted american beer.
But i know some people who did and they said it tasted very bad in comparison to german beer ("It tastes like piss.").
I dont know...i do not love beer so much like others. I dont drink much alcohol.

Maybe we could get a "Iam from country X, ask me anything" Thread going?
Then we do not spam this thread with the questions :D
You could tell me where you are from then :)
That sounds like a great idea! I'm from America...I am a little shy about sharing things on the web sorry..
No problem!
Here is your Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1911

User avatar
Deia
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:50 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by Deia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Self introduction...!? Oh, dear!

Buongiorno! My name is Deia, I'm from Italy.

~fin.

Too short, guess...

Then, again.
Hi! My name is Deia, I live in Italy but I'm originally an asian girl. (?)
I love drawing, listening music, dark stuff (vampires, zombies, demons...), Japan, Russia, Brazil... Sleeping, and Nutella!
I'm an old lady (15 year old), and I love spending my time playing video games or running behind my cat.
Hmmm... What else...?
I love pasta! Do you love pasta?
Imperfections are the perfections of every human being~

User avatar
silence
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:06 pm

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by silence » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:46 am

I'm not exactly new (registered in 2013, though have been occasionally lurking since late 2011), but I guess I should formally introduce myself. Hello, everyone.

I'm the worst at picking usernames, but here I joined as silence, and I guess it describes me pretty well, since I'm rather unsociable and not very talkative.

I'm 21 years old, and living somewhere in Europe. My hobbies are being a computer addict, drawing, writing (okay, I'm too lazy to actually do that), anime (though nowadays I'm too lazy to actually watch it), cute things, and taking walks.
I tend to not be active here daily; I may disappear for a few days, but I guess that's just how I roll. Still, I'm happy I joined this site, and I'll try to be more active, also on the forums.
I'm bad at introductions, so this is all.
Deia wrote: I love pasta! Do you love pasta?
I like pasta :)

Sara
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by Sara » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:37 am

Good to see you on forum, silence. :)

User avatar
Bakemono
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by Bakemono » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:15 pm

Hello everyone!
I know I'm really late to introduce myself hah, but I really want to make more shuu friends~ ♥
My name is Caroline and I'm from Brazil, eighteen yo, currently studying to be a biologist. I joined e-shuushuu on july, 2010.
Favorites animes include: Fate series, Steins;Gate and Air. I really like music, books and games also.
I wanted to do a nice introduction about me, but that's all I can think for now.
Hope I can make more and more friends on shuu!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

User avatar
Unlaxel
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:39 am

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by Unlaxel » Sun May 03, 2015 12:57 am

H-hi, I'm Unlaxel, I'm a brazilian teenager. I don't like to talk about myself, that's just me :oops: . So... uh... I'll tell how I got on e-shuushuu. At first I was searching images of Ice Soldiers for something, And I found a pic from here, which was nothing about Ice Soldiers(lol). Playing some Anime RPG, I needed references for PCs, NPCs and etc. Most of images I found was from there. So RPG brought me here...

Nothing much, just another cute image sharer. ^^

User avatar
Bakemono
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by Bakemono » Sun May 03, 2015 1:34 am

Welcome to shuu Unlaxel! How many years old are you? Do you have a favorite anime? Hope you like shuu and I hope you make good friends here!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

User avatar
Unlaxel
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:39 am

Re: E-ShuuShuu Member self-introduction thread

Post by Unlaxel » Sun May 03, 2015 12:54 pm

Bakemono wrote:Welcome to shuu Unlaxel! How many years old are you? Do you have a favorite anime? Hope you like shuu and I hope you make good friends here!
Thanks :3
Well, you asked, so I don't have problems to say. Let's see.. I'm just a little boy with sixteen... and... I'm not a person that defines my favorites of anything, I just like them without putting one above the others... Except for color, Sky Blue :3

Post Reply