How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
AriaHime

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by AriaHime »

Rikenta wrote:Let me waste your time here and let me tell you about my experience at my first convention~
LOL, this is like the time wasting thread. But we all love it anyway. XD
But that sounds fun, I'm jealous. ;_; I need to get my lazy butt over to a con one of these days. Maybe I can get my friend to take me, she goes to at least two of them.
Well, anyway, today I painted the walls of my room (did the ceiling a couple days ago)...had to get up really early to do it. Luckily we planned it out over a few days, first moved the furniture (my mattress is in the hallway XD) then did washing and caulking and sanding, then the ceiling, then the walls. Still have to do a second coat tomorrow. My cat kept trying to get into the room all the time...my phrase(s) of the week have been (directed toward the cat): "So help me, if you come near the paint/room/roller/caulk I will skin you and use you as a cat fur rug!" and/or "And stay out! *slams door*" I know, I'm so mean to my poor innocent cat. ;_; It doesn't help that she's been waking me up at 1 in the morning. *sobs* Cause I have to sleep on the couch and she really likes the couch.
Anyway, I like the new color soooo much better. The walls used to be this boring greyish-looking off-white. Now they're a nice blue~
Oh, and I got my ears pierced the other day. Woo~
How the hell does a broken heart
get back together when it's torn apart?
Teach itself to start
Beating again...
Merun

Post by Merun »

Hmm this is rare, but since I can't sleep because I'm writing this post in my mind, better put it on.

People must have noticed that I have been rather absent since the beginning of the year. So here is a rare page of history; because as much as may seem happy, I rarely reveal my distress. I'm rather introverted except with very few persons.

The end of last year has been pretty stressing for me. For reminder, I moderated the major party of the board. The beginning of the year was my iPhone game project, created in less than 2 week. We were 2, but I wrote 95% of the game, which is a space shooter.

After that, I have played some MMORPG, so as to rest, and with someone I greatly appreciate as I shared a lot with her. MMORPG is a great drug, and thankfully she was here as a support. That's also around that time I stopped coming on the board.

Semester was rather good college wise, since it's my best semester. However, 2 members of my family died, but I live 10 000km away from them. I do want to go back to my parental home but I can't.

Meanwhile, half of the semester was my internship in Canada. It started out horribly since I missed the plane; but got another. Then I lived with a classmate in the same flat for one month. Better say that it was rather horrible for me, as it seems that he mixed flatmate and wife. He shared too much of the domestic activity ( like laundry ), and was rather intrusive in the living room ( leaving his stuff there ) as well as my own room ( barging in and checking my stuff, even those in the drawer ). After one month I exploded and managed to change room. Hopefully my new flatmate was a very good friend.

Meanwhile, first month of my intern was good since I worked at my own pace. However I had to change company afterward. The new company was... shady. There are more interns than permanent members, like, by a factor of 2. I was also surprisingly the best technician even though I was just an intern; meaning that there was in fact no permanent to manage the computers and network, as well as server. Better say that it was an horrible mess when I arrived. I spent 1month and 2 weeks there; but I didn't get paid, unlike every other interns, which does make me angry. They weren't supposed to get paid at the beginning, but considering the revenues and how low cost it's running they could afford to pay a little bit of money. I did make a good share of the work since I have fixed every issues computer related, as well as setting up new ISP, fixing security flaws, even creating ads which is not what I was supposed to do. However the worst thing is that I have created a new payment system. This payment system isn't secure, because of the scope statement given by my boss. As a programer, this is a disturbing conflict and I did share my concern, but I had resigned to do it.

My internship finished at the end of July and I had a gameless period when I returned to France. I stopped playing MMORPG, and in fact, when I stop for a while a MMORPG, I lost interest in them. However I had promised to the person I mentioned at the beginning of the post that I would play again with her. Sadly with my indecisiveness it took some time and when I finally decided to tell her that I will stop, she got angry and we had a misunderstanding. For nearly 2 weeks we didn't talk, but hopefully things got resolved at the end, but our relationship is a bit different. I told her a lot of things about me, but this is no longer the case. I still like her, but well I guess my life is also a bit on the boring side. I don't know what I can tell her.

So during the period you haven't seen me, I think that what you call being depressive. I felt hollow, like everything I was doing was futile. I can do a lot of things, but it seemed like it wasn't fulfilling at all. I lost the impression that posting and moderating shuu gave me. The same goes for writing blog post. MMORPG are a wonderful drug. It's a period which changed me in something I don't like. I personally think that I'm a calm person, optimistic and patient. I also don't dislike people in general, unless they annoy me to no point. There are case that I got along with people I first hated. But in the span of 6 months, I became a worrier, someone who see the glass half empty instead of half full. I often seems happy when I'm not. But I grew harsher to some extent, mainly as I become impatient. First flatmate was stressing to no end. Second company made me ask myself a lot of question about myself. Am I doing the right thing? Is it worth it? Am I happy? What can fulfill me? What was I like last year?

Now this month, after 1 month of resting, I finally feel better. I played a lot of video game: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Starcraft II, Final Fantasy XIII, Resonance of Fate. They made me forgot all my worries I had cumulated and they aren't as addictive as a MMORPG; But I feel the best when I'm productive. Renewing with blog writing gave me back the fulfillment feeling I have long lost. Moderating quite a few picture gave back the sense of responsibilities I have lost. Posting reminded me of my long love for art. Now I feel better, though maybe not completely healed, it seems like I have recovered my old self from last year.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Glad you feel better, Merun.
You should know, your friends are always here to give you our support if you need us. :)
私は悪魔です。
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Thanks for sharing Merun. We all have our hard years, the ones that makes us want to yell out "Is it New Year's yet?". You've changed since we met (haven't we all?), but don't forget that we're still friends and you can still count on us/me :) Even in the hardest of moments.

As for myself, I kept thinking this would be my hardest year as well, but it's going considerably good. Even if some things upset me, I think this year I got really back in touch with Shuu and its members and why I love the site. Given how hopeless I was feeling about the internet and how anxious I was feeling about college, this actually made me happy, haha. My last semester on college (I finish at the end of the year) is going better than I expected. We've been going on a few trips and planning how the graduation ceremony and our gradutation trip will go is very fun. It's only a bit depressing to think we will all be apart starting next year, each of us going a different way... And I love every single one of my classmates and will hardly meet as many great people in a course ever again. But well... Close one door, open the next, right? :)

(I think I have to go back on medication though. Curse you, anxiety ;-; )
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

Glad to know you're feeling better Merun ^-^
We're all here for you if you ever need the support *huggles*
Merun

Post by Merun »

Thanks everyone. While I didn't do much on shuu, I kept some contact on MSN which greatly helped me.

And yeah we all changed since we first met Lily-chan. We are growing, err, older xD. Take care of your stomach ~~
Merun @ Twitter
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

Touching on a very nervous topic for me.
I'm moving to University tomorrow >.<
(You would not believe the tip my house is at the moment with all of my things packed up into boxes...)

Not sure whether I'll have internet access right away or not when I get into my flat, but hopefully I will, so I'll try and keep posted here.
Next time I see you all I'll officially be a full time Fine Art student ^^;;
Merun

Post by Merun »

Good luck with your moving. I did it last week end and now I have started my engineer class in computer science. I didn't have Internet as well for a week, so I used my 3G connection on my iPhone and I also hijacked some neighboring wifi.
Merun @ Twitter
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

Oooh! My sister studies Computer Science!
(I never understand what she's talking about lol)

I'll be living in Student Accommodation so I should have internet access pretty quickly if it isn't straight away (hopefully... ^^;;)
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

Today I finally completely cleared Tokino Senka. Took me a loooong time to clear the fully patched game and get every character at max level and max stats. When fully patched the game comes with loads of extra maps and even additional CG + h-scenes for clearing some of those additonal maps. Tokino Senka is one of the most enjoyable visual novels I've played but after having over 12 playtroughs (YES, over 12. I lost count after clearing each character 3 times) to get where I am it is time to complete some of my other games.

I might share the CG set if I have some time to prepare it. I would also share the save file if someone requested it, but I would really recommand clearing it on your own as you'll enjoy it much more when unlocking and clearing map lvl 90.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
Ararara-ra

Post by Ararara-ra »

Finally got a smart phone. My first post made with it' yay!
My little 4koma paradise
Current status: Hiatus! AGAIN!

My tweeter
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

Last Thursday (is it already a week ago? Time goes by so fast~), I was held up at customs as they checked my bag. There was a bottle of still water in it and you can't take that, so she threw it away. Bit of a shame, I'd just bought it.

Anyway! Books, notebook, pens, sweets, the usual for going on a trip. Then, the most peculiar item is noticed. My toy replica of 10's sonic screwdriver. She takes it out, weighs it in her hand and ask me what it is. "A toy." I reply.

I wanted to say "It's a screwdriver that's sonic." but I'm sure they wouldn't be amused by it. XD
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

I've been sick for 4 days now... first I had several fits ofnausea, dizzy spells and headaches...Since wendsday I have a cold on my vocal chords.
Now that's no problem, but the fact that I am getting sick for the fourth time is. So I want to the doctor and explained. Now I have to draw blood to check on my resistance. And since I cannot eat before the blood withdrawal, I have to go on a empty stomach and then go to work.
So, I'm being bored out of my mind, with a voice that sounds like a chainsaw... Great...Thank god for Shuushuu and anime then...
[Signature space. $10]
yuna

Post by yuna »

Oh no Fhant, I hope you get better and the blood test goes well too. Being sick is the worst. D:

This is what I've been dealing with over the past year of my life. I'll try to some it up in a couple paragraphs. Ahem, well, as some of you know or do not know, I used to attend college in the lovely state of Nebraska. Having graduated in 2007, I thought I would be done by 2011. Then the economy went way way down, and my family could not afford for me to be living by myself so far away from home while attending a private college that was too expensive.

I came home May 2009 and have been attending a community college near my house. It is much cheaper, to say the least, but I basically lost all the credits I took in NE. So know, this is like I graduated in 2009, and I'm taking first year classes. Until my balance is paid for the private college, I cannot receive any transcript credit. I took a total of about fifty credits over there. orz... I do not know when I'll be graduating now.

That's my educational dilemma, there's a bigger family issue going on, but I prefer to not reveal that stuff to you guys as it is very personal. I will say though, that it is between my mom and dad. Also, we are in a deep financial rut and may be losing our house soon, so when that happens I probably won't have access to shuu indefinitly.

I want you guys to know that I love you all very much. This site is like my safe haven. I have true friendships here, and it makes me feel, human...lol I hope things go well with everyone here, through good and bad times. I'm glad I can be part of this community. <3333
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

yuna-chan, i really hope something pops out and everything goes well; and even if you do lose the house, who knows - maybe this will trigger something good~ you know how life has it's up and downs, so if this is a down, hopefully next will be an up~

the last week or so i'm in a very depressed mood..
love sucks and you all know it;
it's just stupid how i waited patiently for her for months to come back online and this whole time i was letting her know how much i missed her and how much i love her;; and now when i was away & come back in a month i find this guy on her facebook page, telling her how much he misses her and loves her, and she replies to him she loves & misses him too; it's so f-ing stupid i can't even describe it; i feel so mizerable and stupid right now.. i really don't think i deserve this;
not to mention she hasn't been online for a week and ofc i can't even talk to her to ask her wth happened... not like it matters anymore.
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands