How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Julia

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Julia » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:25 pm

@Biba: Try not to take the internet too seriously. I know I do sometimes.

We had to put one of our cats to sleep today. He was suffering from a cancerous bladder tumor and intestinal blockage. It's been really tough, especially since we lost another cat last year. :cry:
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3

Merun

Post by Merun » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 am

Wah Biba posted o.o Actually I always wondered why you weren't posting a lot. If someone toss a pokeball on you, either use pokeball repellent or ask them to be kind with you Dx.
Now it's ok, lots of people here are kinda on the shy side, even me sometimes. You just need to post, to get some self confidence and it will be better.

Otherwise, for me, errr, I got sick 3 times in one month time. Got the flu/cold 3 times, or perhaps never healed because I have asthma and I'm prone to having complication. Result is even worse because on Tuesday's evening, I moved a rib when coughing, so now it hurts a lot. It also feels like it's not improving at the moment :/
Merun @ Twitter

Aizawa

Post by Aizawa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm

This is kind of for the ladies.

As you know my wife gave birth exactly 6 months ago. I love my son and he's even trying to walk on his own, of course he's still trying. Ha. He can stand himself up and lean on something for a good bit, but no walking yet. Anyway. She has been having some issues losing her baby weight and she's really sensitive about it, considering originally she was supposed to have twins and lost the girl.

I am trying, but it seems when I give her compliments, she'll either think I'm lying or just being nice. She doesn't take them and will say "Yeah right" or something. I think she looks nice with her curves, because she was pretty tiny before I got her pregnant. She isn't really fat, but she has curves now, but I will respect her and her opinions and if she wants to lose weight, I'll support her. Baby weight is hard to lose I've heard. I offered to take her too the gym with me, but she only got really embarrassed. She isn't anorexic or anything like that, and I guess it's not that bad, but it really does hurt to see your wife cut herself down like that. I want to protect her, not watch her self esteem go down. you know? I tried talking to a friend of mine named Bradon about this because his girlfriend has three kids, but all he said was something Shuu-restricted, which of course kind of made me mad.

I guess I just want opinions on this, and if needed, I can post a picture of her. She really isn't fat, and she is still the most prettiest girl to me.
You make me so bulletproof.

Yatchen

Post by Yatchen » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:05 pm

We don't need proof; I'm sure she looks beautiful. Body image is a deeply personal thing, and as much as you can try to convince your wife otherwise, only she can decide whether she is beautiful in her eyes. Tell her that you think she's beautiful, tell her you love her, and give her your support in whatever she decides. There's really not much more you can do other than be there and be supportive, I think. I'm sure knowing that you love her helps.

Sadly I haven't had kids, so I can't really give any baby weight tips. w
私は悪魔です。

RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:58 pm

So... uh... probably nobody noticed, but about two weeks ago, I tried to be a bit more active on Shuu again, even if it was mostly image uploading. And then this week.. I was nowhere to be found! ; v ;
The reason is that I was having a week of training and starting Monday, I am part of Gameloft Bulgaria's junior game testers team! The past week was thrilling, fun and educational... And kind of scary! After 6 months of being unemployed, I finally found a job and it's something that I really really like, so I am super excited for the future! >u<
It will probably take me a while to create a "schedule" that I can work properly with... I want to be able to go to bed late, but still wake up early and be fresh as a daisy xD
Gosh, I feel so giddy! I don't remember the last time a month started in such an interesting way!
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
  • ImageImageImageImage

Julia

Post by Julia » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:50 pm

RockRabbit wrote:So... uh... probably nobody noticed, but about two weeks ago, I tried to be a bit more active on Shuu again, even if it was mostly image uploading. And then this week.. I was nowhere to be found! ; v ;
The reason is that I was having a week of training and starting Monday, I am part of Gameloft Bulgaria's junior game testers team! The past week was thrilling, fun and educational... And kind of scary! After 6 months of being unemployed, I finally found a job and it's something that I really really like, so I am super excited for the future! >u<
It will probably take me a while to create a "schedule" that I can work properly with... I want to be able to go to bed late, but still wake up early and be fresh as a daisy xD
Gosh, I feel so giddy! I don't remember the last time a month started in such an interesting way!
Congrats! It's always great to have a job, especially one you love :)

@Aizawa: I've never had kids but I definitely can relate to thinking I'm fat/unattractive even when people tell me otherwise. It's unfortunately all too common in our culture today. People feel like they have to conform to one standard of beauty because that is the most prominent one in movies and ads, when the reality is that different people are attracted to different standards of beauty.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3

Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Congratulations, Rabbit! It sounds like interesting job, hope you will have fun~

Aizawa, I don't think this would be good idea to share your wife's photos. I guess that in this state, it would made her even more upset and uncertain about her appearance.
Uh, I don't have kids yet (maybe in future... I mean if I find a guy who want me :/), so I cannot really give you any advices. You are very caring, tender and supporting husband, I can say for sure. Just... just show her that you truly love her as often as you can~

yuna

Post by yuna » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to vent this cause I can't vent it to my family.

I have not been feeling well the past three days. I went to the Doctor today and found out that I might have a kidney infection again. All I'm asking is for you to give me a little support so I can kick this infection in the butt! Thank you <33333333333333333333333333333

Yatchen

Post by Yatchen » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:55 pm

Good luck, yuna! Kick its bootay!!
私は悪魔です。

Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:38 pm

/Sending positive energy to you
Get well soon, yuna-chii!

demon_turtle1028

Post by demon_turtle1028 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:15 pm

I hope you feel better soon, Yuna :D
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya

Artifex

Post by Artifex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Hope you get well soon, yuna! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :)
"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Miserables

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. . . . There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for." - Sam, The Two Towers

yuna

Post by yuna » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 am

Thank you for wishing me well everyone! I got a call yesterday that I don't have a kidney infection! YAY!!!! I have a sinus infection! Boo!!!! But I'm almost all better. Once again, I appreciate your encouragement!

demon_turtle1028

Post by demon_turtle1028 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:18 pm

That's wonderful news, Yuna. I do hope your sinus infection goes away soon, though.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya

canis

Post by canis » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:45 am

懐かしい~

Haven't been to this forum in more than 3 years (and it sure feels even longer than that!). ^^

I'm not going to be a regular again, since I kinda lost my interest in forum activities in general.

But... it is kinda nice to see that this place is still alive, even though it seems many of my friends from back then stopped to posting.

This was the best community I had ever took part in in my whole "internet live". <3
It is good to see that this place still exists. Even if I will not be a regular poster again, I might drop by every now and then and just feel this nostalgic feeling I'm having now, something like visiting your hometown after a long time.

To those who remember me (if there is anybode at all XD), I hope you are doing fine. I'm also doing fine, living in Japan now, which was always my dream. ^^

To the new members: I'm glad that you are still keeping this forum alive. Have fun! :)