How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
LilFlow

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by LilFlow »

Awesome to hear about your paper Canis!
Hopefully you'll find more time post post soon, ne? :)

I finished my AS level exams yesterday :mrgreen:
I can finally get back into my usual routines in my free time rather than revision revision revision.
I think that I've totally flopped a couple of papers though >.<"
canis

Post by canis »

Thanks. ^^

I'd like to congratulate too on finishing your exams, though I don't know what "AS" means. :oops:
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

AS is the first year of sixth form in England.
I think it's the same as the first senior year in High School in America, not sure though
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Lets see... money...Check
Plans to get a own computer... check...
Friend who would help me...Nope...

Yes I'm planning to get a own computwer with games and such to play on. I already orderd my first item: a 22" Screen (Hey, it beats the 17" I'm looking at now). Now for a mainboard, hard disk, CD drive, casing and keyboard + mouse...
[Signature space. $10]
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Oooooh... Planning to just get the parts and put them together yourself, Fhant?
canis

Post by canis »

Building your own PC must feel like having a baby. ^^ (or a Frankenstein?)

May it all go smoothly. ;)

I was lucky that I do know a guy who builds PCs for girls and takes payment in cakes and the likes. XD
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

canis wrote:I was lucky that I do know a guy who builds PCs for girls and takes payment in cakes and the likes. XD
O_O ... Ohohoho... *goes off to plot* wrexy's Computer Building Service. I accept cash, credit, treats, fanservice and chus. 8D
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

wrexness wrote:Oooooh... Planning to just get the parts and put them together yourself, Fhant?
If I do that it'll probably start talking and go "Mommy??"
I'll let it build at the company I bought the parts. Costs me more, but I have a warranty and if I FUBAR the comp, I can go "It's your fault!"

@Canis: It's more like...Building a computer...Cause I never saw my nephew with a USB slot on his back... or run on a mainboard with a PICe slot...

@Wrex: Do you also accept a boot/whack to the head?
[Signature space. $10]
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Fhant wrote:
wrexness wrote:Oooooh... Planning to just get the parts and put them together yourself, Fhant?
I'll let it build at the company I bought the parts. Costs me more, but I have a warranty and if I FUBAR the comp, I can go "It's your fault!"
It's surprisingly straightforward, actually. When I put my together, I had very minimal knowledge about computer hardware (not that I'm an expert now). I followed this guide: http://static.tigerdirect.com/html/pcbuildingtips.html , and my computer's still running (it's the one I'm posting from now). ^^b

Just three words if you were to try: ground, ground, ground. Static kills. Touch metal the whole time, use a grounding mat, build it naked, just make sure you're not charged. XD
canis

Post by canis »

Fhant wrote:
Sounds like a good plan to me. XD
Fhant wrote:@Canis: It's more like...Building a computer...Cause I never saw my nephew with a USB slot on his back... or run on a mainboard with a PICe slot...
I guess you are also not the kind of person who would give a computer a name and treat it like a pet?
*hugs own pc* How is it going Kurogane? ^^
O_O ... Ohohoho... *goes off to plot* wrexy's Computer Building Service. I accept cash, credit, treats, fanservice and chus. 8D
I bet it would be a success. I was so glad to find someone who would build my pc with such an easy payment as cakes. Knowledge is a weapon, so use it to your advantage! XD
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

canis wrote:I guess you are also not the kind of person who would give a computer a name and treat it like a pet?
Of coruse I am!!

I just need a good name for it...
[Signature space. $10]
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

canis wrote:
Fhant wrote:@Canis: It's more like...Building a computer...Cause I never saw my nephew with a USB slot on his back... or run on a mainboard with a PICe slot...
I guess you are also not the kind of person who would give a computer a name and treat it like a pet?
My computers are named Konata (Linux OS tower) and Kagami (Vista OS laptop). Kagami can be a little tsun tsun, but secretly she likes playing with Konata. :3
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Not much to assembling a computer Fhant, you should be able to do so yourself, since you did work once at Acer's repair dept, didn't you?
I've assembled all of my computes myself.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Smithy wrote:Not much to assembling a computer Fhant, you should be able to do so yourself, since you did work once at Acer's repair dept, didn't you?
Those were laptops, things I could not work with and had problems to open..
[Signature space. $10]
canis

Post by canis »

wrexness wrote:My computers are named Konata (Linux OS tower) and Kagami (Vista OS laptop). Kagami can be a little tsun tsun, but secretly she likes playing with Konata. :3
<3 Love that pairing, good choice!! ;D

It might be my imagination (yeah it probably is...) but I think that the name you give your pc will affect it's performance.
When I got mine I didn't know if I wanted to call it "Kurogane" (the strong-willed, mentally stable fighter from Tsubasa Chronicles) or Ashura (a god is often mentally instable or just plain insane).

So even if naming my pc after a god might boost its performance (again, I believe in stuff like that, no logic will work! :P), I feared that my pc will be unpredictable and prone to breakdowns, so I choose Kurogane, who never let's anyone down. Up until today, Kurogane did a great job. ^^

So choose the name carefully! ^^