How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
RockRabbit

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by RockRabbit »

There's a mouse in our room and somehow we managed to capture. Now we're trying to figure out what to do with the poor thing.
What a fun evening this turned out to be.
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
yuna

Post by yuna »

Oooo mousy mousy! ^o^ Rabbit-suu, what happened in the end?

Quicky little update here. x3
Ehem, everything's a lot better for me at home, my sister is with her boyfriend most of the time, and my parents are pretty busy fighting with each other most of the time, so I'm just there to witness that everyday. Thanksgiving was good, except we got to start packing up the house this weekend; which is sad. 22+ years of memories to go through, it's rough. Hopefully, we get to move some place nice.

Thanks for all the support everyone, it helps more than you guys know.
I'll stay in touch.
Deoxys

Post by Deoxys »

yuna wrote:Oooo mousy mousy! ^o^ Rabbit-suu, what happened in the end?

Quicky little update here. x3
Ehem, everything's a lot better for me at home, my sister is with her boyfriend most of the time, and my parents are pretty busy fighting with each other most of the time, so I'm just there to witness that everyday. Thanksgiving was good, except we got to start packing up the house this weekend; which is sad. 22+ years of memories to go through, it's rough. Hopefully, we get to move some place nice.

Thanks for all the support everyone, it helps more than you guys know.
I'll stay in touch.
Cheer up, that's just the first time. I remember when I first moved at 17-18 (just to a new house, like 1 mile away from the old one). It was sad the first day, but then you just get over it.

Now I get bored if I live in the same place for more than 1 year xDDDD
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

So, to enter a university here, we have to do an exam called Vestibular. The one I'm trying to enter have two phases, and I made the first exam last month. Today they released the list with those who will make the second exam to try enter the university that will be on the days 19 and 20 of this month, and I'm on the list!
I know there's still a second exam, but it's one step closer, it made me so happy that I wanted to share here. ^^
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

That's fantastic Myu-chan! :D Goodness, you're so smart and so bright! I wish you the best of luck!
And you will do great on your second exam. Do your best! :D Again, congrats! *hugs*
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
softfang

Friday, December 3, 2010

Post by softfang »

My mother, who had given birth to me despite so many doctors saying she should abort me, who raised me for 21 solid years without giving up on me, who dealt with my stupidity and rebelliousness growing up as a young teen, who loved me unconditionally despite our differences in beliefs, who stood by me and helped me through all of my surgeries, who tried so hard to make sure I was happy, who wanted nothing more than to be a mother to her three children...

She passed away, around 2:30PM. Although I don't truly believe in God, Heaven, or Hell, I believe she is in a much better, happier place. She's healthy, and she's now with her little boy who died as a baby, my brother Joshua.

She was fighting a losing battle with a mystery illness that no doctor could figure out, place a name to. She was rapidly losing weight, and at first we believed it was the stomach ulcer we had recently found out that she had. But it wasn't. She ate as much as my dad at times, and yet she still couldn't gain any weight. She was under sixty pounds when she died. We believe her little heart just couldn't take the stress anymore. She had fought for so long. The weird thing is, the only option left we hadn't tried was a bone scan - which was supposed to occur next week. What's even stranger is the fact that, just the day before she died, we were in the car on the way home from the doctor's office - she was feeling a tad better then, but she still had trouble standing/walking without feeling winded (she couldn't breathe well unless she was sitting down, she was so weak) - and we had been discussing the bone-scan thing.

When it happened, I was on my computer in my room... and I heard dad making strange moaning/wailing sounds. At first, I just thought he was trying to make mom laugh as he usually did to cheer her up. He'd just randomly make goofy sounds and voices. So I laughed. But when he continued, I looked down the hall and saw him shaking her as she lay in bed. Something went off in my head, "something isn't right..." And when I went to the room, asking dad what was wrong, he was sobbing. I'll never forget the look on his face... I never want to see it again. His eyes were full of tears, his face was red, stained with tears. He was shaking, his lips (although covered in facial hair) were trembling. He cried out that she was gone in the most pitiful, shaky, scared voice I've ever heard from him. At first, I didn't know what to think. I still don't. I was almost ready to say "you're joking" and then I looked at her. She was lying on her side in the bed, and a stain of yellowish-red vomit was next to her. Her eyes were open, though I couldn't see anything in them. The life was gone. We hugged, cried, and he called 911. The medical people came by and closed off the room, having to wait for the body car to arrive, as well as the police. I honestly felt like I was in an episode of House, or Law & Order. It felt... so surreal.

Then family started coming after dad had to call several people to let them know what happened. Tommy had been at work when he got a call, so he hurried home. Then my dad's brother and his wife arrived. Then Tommy's girlfriend. Then Jason and Melissa, then my mom's two sisters and their husbands... It was so hard. But we talked a long time, had some laughs. Now we're having to discuss what to do about a ceremony. We might do a celebration-of-life thing at our church... We won't be doing any casket or burial thing. We don't have the money. And personally I just... I don't want to do that.

We plan to have her cremated (that's what she wanted done), and then we are going to try and find a beautiful mountain to spread her ashes on. She loved mountains, snow, cold weather. She also adored lighthouses, state spoons (the little collectibles), and bells. That is one thing I want to carry with me whenever I move out. Some of her spoons and bells.

She was a fantastic mother... and I miss her so damn much. I can't cry, maybe because it's just far too soon right now. I'm still in a state of shock. I feel like I'm in a fog.

We were discussing my childhood in the car that day, too. She said I was probably the only child whoever asked the question:

"If milk comes from cows, does juice come from horses?"

I don't know, it just... popped into my head.

...I love you, mom. Thank you for everything. You always used to say you were a bad mother, bringing up "horrible" stories about when we were little. But I never once thought that about you. You're the best mother we could have ever dreamed for. We love you, and hope you're dancing with Joshua right now, wherever you may be.
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

My condolences, Softfang.
*patpat

I hope things will be okay as soon as possible.
私は悪魔です。
yuna

Post by yuna »

How touching, reading that made my eyes water. We're hear for you softfang, if you need someone to talk to go ahead and send me a PM sometime. I couldn't imagine losing someone as close as my mother, my prayers are with you and your family. My deepest respects to your mother too.

*hugs*
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

I personally know how it is to lose someone that raised and consived you.

I wish all the strength in the world for you and your familiy. (Though I wouldn't have put every detail in it)
[Signature space. $10]
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

I received a paper in the mail.

I am disappointed. They must hand these out to anyone.

Also, I suddenly realize I have a relatively long name.
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Haha, Hayate censoring.
Good job, Fuwari!

(Nice to see you alive, too.)
私は悪魔です。
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

Thanks, although I'm not certain how happy I should be about it. The test was disappointingly easy.

Since I've revealed myself, I suppose I should confirm that "Fuwari" is dead. As some seem to have ascertained, I have returned to the shadows under a new guise. Though, they're likely both right and wrong concerning the exact alias...

I really only posted as Fuwari because, despite how freely they seem to award these certificates, passing the N1 was still of note to me; and it would not have made much sense under a different name.

...Back to the Underworld for me, then!
Merun

Post by Merun »

Assuming there is only one exact alias. Not sure it's in order since it was easy, but still, congratulation.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

It is still important!

Don't think we are so dense as not to have suspicions. :d
[We won't] see you around, Fuwari~
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

And while I'm at it. I'm not surprised at your reason for killing Fuwari.
Merun @ Twitter