How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Smithy

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Smithy »

Roughly the same, none of our accounts were scrapped and in all the months we didn't log in there were absolutely no patches or updates. Kind of like we never left in that aspect...
Merun

Post by Merun »

Just to update a bit my situation; my laptop is right now at the reparation center, but I'm not the only one to have issue with the 8600M so it's going to take some times. Meanwhile I'm using the EEEpc of my brother and might take it for some time. Browsing E-shuushuu on such small screen/keyboard/trackpad is quite hard so I won't be able to moderate for some time. I will be available for contacts though.
Merun @ Twitter
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

After putting in my resume to several places over the past few weeks, I've finally gotten a response. ^w^d I've gotta fill out some paperwork and send it back to them, then they'll contact me to set up an interview. I knew I had a reason to feel good about my chances at this company. ^^
canis

Post by canis »

Good luck Merun that you get your graphic card back soon and good luck wrex that the interview goes successfully. ^^

I already did an apology post in the RPG section for my long absence.

I started studying Japanese and Social studies at the universtity and have been very busy with that.
Right now I have a cold, that keeps me from studying (I'm able to do easy stuff like this but my brain doesn't work right at the moment... >_>).

Beside the subjects I need to take I also do 2 extra courses (gaelic-old irish language and a media/society in Japan), having a part time job and a language partner (a Japanese naturally) who I meet to study with. While I was always a more or less average student in school, now I'm one of that really active one and the other students are always amazed at how much I do. o_O Maybe I'm so much more active at the university (compared to school) because I'm just surrounded by things I like. There is no maths or french dragging me down. Because my courses are so much fun I can even endure having almost no freetime left.

Other news is, that I was saving money for, for the past year. I think it's a really good one (a friend told me what pieces to buy and built it) but I didn't really have time to explore the good things about it yet. XD

Well as you can see I'm still alive. ^^
I just hope my cold is better until tomorrow, cause on mondays I have lessons from 8 a.m. till 8 p.m.... x_x
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Nice to hear you're at uni now and enjoying your studies as such canis, keep it up! Doing what you like is the best way to go and can lead to happy life! ^^
Terra_Valentine

Post by Terra_Valentine »

The school stuff is great Canis, even if you are sick right now. It would have been neat to study Gaelic, but they don't offer classes like that, at least not at the school I went to.

I'm working on finding a new job, things have gotten to the point where I am just angry at my current job. I have an interview today, but I don't know how that's going to do. (Hopefully good!) Though that means I won't get to go to the bank again >_< Maybe tomorrow >_>

I have been super busy and I have let the RP thread get out of hand, and for that I apologize. Fhant said he'll do a summary, which is nice, since I don't have the time to do it. Wrex seems to be working out well too, which is good. It's nice to have help again.

Though I'm still super excited after last night. I went over to my friend's place to watch the Daily Show/Colbert Report live election night coverage, and that was super fun. I hope that the results mean things will get better for the country, but I don't want to drag politics into e-shuushuu. But...uh ^__^d

Anyways! Have fun!
Family:
Foster Father: MBF
Oldest Sibling: Merun (Lost)
Older Sister: Canis
Younger Sister: Angel Lily (Lost)
Currently: Emotionally lost, and determined
canis

Post by canis »

Good luck for your job interview. ^^
It's bad for you to stay in a job that you dislike too much.

I was also surprised to find out that they have a gaelic course at our university. I always wanted to study an old language like greek or latin, but I never had a chance. I like languages where even normal talk sounds like a magic spell. ^^
Terra_Valentine

Post by Terra_Valentine »

I would love to learn Latin, it's actually a goal of mine. I love the way the language sounds. I hope to one day learn Latin and Italian, and also work on my Japanese and French.

The interview went well...I think. The lady was supposed to call the references today, but my references didn't get calls (I know since I work with one of them) but we'll see, I know how busy things can get. I would really like to leave this job, but I got to thinking that it might be wise to wait until January, since if I left now I would be missing out on a frickin' ton of holiday pay. (Thanksgiving, X-Mas, and New Years.)

Things are ok today though, though I forgot to make a doctor's appointment. My work is super dusty, and i have a mild case of asmatha, but I have been caughing all the time lately, so I wanted to get a respiratory test to check on things.

But! All in all good, I get to go out with my friend after work today, super fun!
Family:
Foster Father: MBF
Oldest Sibling: Merun (Lost)
Older Sister: Canis
Younger Sister: Angel Lily (Lost)
Currently: Emotionally lost, and determined
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

*dances* I got a job offer~ And I accepted~ >w<d I now get to go from front line tech support/help desk stuff to being a database administrator effective January 5th. I'm quite excited because this now means I don't have to worry about finding a job anymore and can focus solely on school for the next month until I graduate. The benefits are alright (not great, but still not too bad), but the kicker is that my pay will be more than double what I'm making now in my temporary student position. (Moral of the story: go to college and get your degree. XD )
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Omedetou. ^^
canis

Post by canis »

That is good news! ^^ Congratulations!
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

First of all, I'm sorry if I left a bad impression on MSN the last few days. I had alot of bad things and dobt in my head the last few days.
I could've gotten work but I declined it because I was afraid I'd fail too much. And I cannot sell anything (It was a computer store) so to do this is just bad.
Then I had a test kinda showing my personality and they said my self-esteem was lower then average. Well duh, I had a bad youth mabe that's why I think lowly of the things I do or fear the things I fear I cannot. I just don't want to dissapoint people.
So now I'm looking for a course to do to get my self-esteem up and finding a job. I now have a temporarly job porbably at the postal office, noting down the postal codes for the holidays. (Hey, it isn't much but at least I can ear something)

So everyone at MSN mass chats: I'm sorry for acting like an ass.
[Signature space. $10]
Ran

Post by Ran »

Fhant wrote:I had a test kinda showing my personality and they said my self-esteem was lower then average. Well duh, I had a bad youth mabe that's why I think lowly of the things I do or fear the things I fear I cannot. I just don't want to dissapoint people.
Don't do things to impress people. That's the easiest way to get rid of a lot of stress. To Hell with what other people think. Do what makes you feel good and makes you proud of yourself. If others don't like it then that's their problem. Rid yourself of any unnecessary obligations and you'll be better off for it. :wink:
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

While what Ran says may sound selfish from a certain point of view, he's nonetheless right. Work and take care of your own health and happiness. Doing things that do not make you happy but doing them just to please others or because you feel obliged to will only last for so long until your mind or body can't cope with it anymore.
So work at finding and doing what makes you happy!

And if you act like an ass... it's ok as long as it's a nice cute transgendered tushie... Fhantko-chan! ^_~
Hehehe. XD
Merun

Post by Merun »

Mac is back! It feels like it's larger than before now lol
Merun @ Twitter