Woot! New Goodies!

Other misc discussion
Merun

Re: Woot! New Goodies!

Post by Merun » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:02 am

Aizawa wrote:I spy Tinkle. Good choice,
Collecting Tinkle's artbook since 2007 :) I have all 4 of them, plus a good share of doujinshi.
Merun @ Twitter

shawurai

Post by shawurai » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Merun wrote:
Aizawa wrote:I spy Tinkle. Good choice,
Collecting Tinkle's artbook since 2007 :) I have all 4 of them, plus a good share of doujinshi.

Huh, wasn't this the 3rd book? I never knew there were 4. I have one that was released at Comic Market (I think it was edition 75)
And this one on order (shipped yesterday)
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

Merun

Post by Merun » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:20 pm

There is the Duel Dolls fanbook which can be considered an artbook since it's as thick as Tsukiyono Chakai. And Happy Birthday Sha-kun ^^
Merun @ Twitter

shawurai

Post by shawurai » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Thank you :)

Ah, I knew about Tsukiyono Chakai but getting that one is nearly impossible these days. As for Duel Dolls I knew something about that but not that there was ever a fanbook.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

Merun

Post by Merun » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Tsukiyono Chakai can be bought… for 400$ ^^;. 5 years ago, it was just 40$ for me.
Merun @ Twitter

Aizawa

Post by Aizawa » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:40 pm

I saw on of her artbooks for $500 on eBay. It looked nice and the illustrations were gorgeous.
I've walked on water, run through fire, can't seem to feel it anymore.

Merun

Post by Merun » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:04 pm

A very small loot.

In the first place I placed it in order to get Fyra Varlden, and since there was like 3/4 of the total price being shipping, I added something else. Sadly, I only noticed the Torii Sumi's doujinshi just after putting the order :(.

Oh well, I'm pretty satisfied since I have my lossless rip of Grad Erlija http://youtu.be/vfQWdjPikAs
This is certainly the best audio CD I have ever bought as all tracks are awesome ( it also comes with video and original digital illustration <3 )
Merun @ Twitter

Aizawa

Post by Aizawa » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Just curious, where do you you get your loot? I normally get my wife's yaoi doujinshi from Yes Asia since the site is relatively cheap. As for me, users on Livejournal. Amazon.Jp, maybe? I envyf you. X[

Merun

Post by Merun » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:41 am

Neither. I go through a deputy service to get them on Yahoo Auction, and/or Toranoana and/or Melonbook primarily. Already 4 years I have been doing this.

For this look in particular, I tried https://alice-books.com/
Merun @ Twitter

Julia

Post by Julia » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:21 pm

"Fullmetal Alchemist The Best" music collection, contains all opening and ending themes from both series and both movies, plus two bonus tracks: "Kanashimi no Kizu" by Kitade Nana, and "Drama" by Sid. Totally worth the 40 bucks d(^-^)b
(although the lyrics to the bonus songs aren't in the booklet....)

Also it's the first printed edition or whatever it's called so it came with a bonus illustration of Ed, but that was less cool than I thought it'd be: It's folded up inside the lyrics booklet, smaller than I expected (23 cm x 16 cm), and monochrome.

It came in the mail today in a cardboard box that was tough to open because it had all this tape all over it.

edit: also it's kinda tricky to figure out how to get the CDs out of the thing
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3

Merun

Post by Merun » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Nice xD. Japanese packaging are often over the top ^^;
Merun @ Twitter

Aizawa

Post by Aizawa » Thu May 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Alright, I just need too say this. Yesia.com. It's...not the best place.. I bought myself a Shana figure off of e-bay (Which should be in the mail any day now!) My wife wanted these three yaoi novel doujin things, so I, desperate too find them, bought them there. >I sigh<

Well, they're really slow. Really slow indeed. It took two days too confirm my Paypal(!) And another day too process the order. She really wanted them so I feel I'm letting her down. Well, finally they processed the order (Can you belive it only costed me $30.00?) and waited three days too tell me one was unavailable. The other was shipped but won't arrive until mid June. And for almost a week, the other has been "Waiting for Stock" which basically means...

We have ordered your item from a local or overseas supplier and are waiting for it to be delivered to our warehouse.

Sure, it's coming from Japan, but this is ridicilous!

Merun

Post by Merun » Thu May 03, 2012 4:32 pm

That's why I never order from YesAsia. Free shipping is of course included in the price, but it's hell slow, so what you may gain from free shipping is lost on the price of the item.
Merun @ Twitter

Julia

Post by Julia » Fri May 04, 2012 10:24 am

So it's not just me who is having trouble with slow or non-existent delivery of items.

I ordered this last month and it still isn't here. (Estimated Delivery Date: April 17, 2012 - May 2, 2012)

I ordered a Japanese Study Journal on March 15 and the status is still Pending: Your order is in process, and items are currently being gathered.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3

Aizawa

Post by Aizawa » Wed May 09, 2012 3:45 pm

So because of stock issues, Yesasia cancelled my order for my wife. She wanted thst novel. This will be a sad birthday for her. ]X