Shuugeist, the most popular images on e-shuushuu

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Makoto

Re: Shuugeist, the most popular images on e-shuushuu

Post by Makoto »

Julia wrote:I don't understand the graph at the top... Is the left side of the graph more recent or is the right side more recent?
More important is that "Shuugeist last ran on 6 Jan 2010" :) I think this mean that stat is quite out of date.
Though it's really nice idea to add a little bit more counters to e-shuushuu :).
Kino Makoto
Minasan

Post by Minasan »

Yes it's somewhat embarrassing. My code didn't handle the transition to the new year very well...

I'm currently getting things fixed up and should have the site working in a day or two.

Regarding the graph, the "0" on the X scale represents 60 days ago. Confusing I know... I'll try to make that more readable.

Thanks!

Edit:

Okay, the site is now working again!

* The counters can now deal with future new years.
* The graph now shows dates as the X-Axis.
* "Hatsune Miku" and "Miku Hatsune" are now counted as the same character. (Which gives her higher totals...)
* Posted the "Top 50" for 2009.

To do (as time permits:)
* Create a plot for all of 2009.
* Become aware of all name reversals.
* Create a style sheet and improve formatting.
Julia

Post by Julia »

Excellent, the graph is much easier to read now. :D

The Scarlet Sisters are beating Miku :o
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Makoto

Post by Makoto »

Yay, it's working again! Good job, Minasan! ^_^b
Kino Makoto
Julia

Post by Julia »

Hmm, how are people managing to upload more than 15 pics a day?
Attachments
what.PNG
what.PNG (20.83 KiB) Viewed 14978 times
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

Well, the server regenerates the image limit for everyone at a given time (let's say it starts a day at 1200 GMT). If the program gathering the information for Shuugeist is not set to start a day at that same exact time, these anomalies can occur. For example, if it were to start a day at 1300 GMT, then someone could upload 15 images around 1145 GMT, receive their new uploads for the day at 1200 GMT, and uploaded 15 more around 1230 GMT, then the Shuugeist program would see this as 30 images uploaded in a single day (1300-1259GMT). That's my theory, anyway. =P
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Julia wrote:The Scarlet Sisters are beating Miku :o
That's great, don't you think? :D Yes! You do think so because I say so! It's awesome!~ <3

Oh hey~ Durarara!! is getting popular around here~ <3
ButterflyIllusioned

Post by ButterflyIllusioned »

How is it that Sakura Kinomoto has been Number 2 on the "Top 10 for the last 7 days" for quite a while now and yet not even listed on the "Seven Day Moving Average"? Is it broken or do I just not understand the darned thing? xD
Minasan

Post by Minasan »

ButterflyIllusioned wrote:How is it that Sakura Kinomoto has been Number 2 on the "Top 10 for the last 7 days" for quite a while now and yet not even listed on the "Seven Day Moving Average"? Is it broken or do I just not understand the darned thing? xD
This is an interesting point.

Currently the top 5 characters are based on totals of 66 days worth of data (because that was the set used to compute the points on the graph.) This would tend to hide upstarts in favour of characters with long-term popularity. I think it would be more interesting to see those upstarts up-starting, so I'll change the top 5 to be based on 7 days.

Also, I believe Fuwari's explanation is the is the reason why you will sometimes see people with more then 15 posts on a "day." The data collection runs at 13:07 UTC.
Vanilla Moon

Post by Vanilla Moon »

Great idea. I will keep on watching this. :)
Julia

Post by Julia »

http://abstrusa.com/shuugeist/shuug-YET-2010.html

PSG is counted as two sources: "Panty" and "Stocking with Garterbelt"... can this be fixed?
Julia

Post by Julia »

It seems to be broken...