How do you sort your pictures?

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Merun

How do you sort your pictures?

Post by Merun »

I should say that I'm asking this just by simple curiosity, but in fact, it's not by simple curiosity.

Assuming you save picture from image board and/or from Pixiv, how do you sort them? Everything in one folder, by source, artist, or whatever else?

Also, how would you like to sort them?
Merun @ Twitter
Artifex

Re: How do you sort your pictures?

Post by Artifex »

Most of my pictures are sorted into folders by theme, such as casual clothing, formal clothing/dresses, robots/fighters, seifuku, silly/comics, scenic, etc. If I find that I've saved a lot of pictures from a particular artist or source (or I just really like the artist or source, regardless of how many I've saved), I then put those pictures into their own artist/source folder.

I hope this helps you in one way or another. :)
"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Miserables

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. . . . There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for." - Sam, The Two Towers
demon_turtle1028

Post by demon_turtle1028 »

I sort by hair color. Yep, as simple as that, but I don't do a lot of sorting anymore. I just go on pixiv, or another image board, fav then save, then go on my merry way :)
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

I save them by source.
For example, my Puella Magi folder has sub-folders for Homura, Mami, Kyouko, witches, group images and ofc the various pairings.
If it's an original source I place them in my males / females / groups & couples or other folders.
On the other hand the above folders also have subfolders like asian beauty, girls with glasses, girls with animals, witches and so on... my fave folders are the ones titled unusual where all the weird and/or incredibly creative art goes >u<
Ah! and I have artist folders for artists I really really love~ If they draw fanart, most of the time the fanart stays in the artist folder, even if I have a separate folder for the show. The only exception is my Yume Nikki folder that actually has artist folders inside...as a sub-folder to the source~
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

I don't have any of the images that I download from Pixiv saved on my computer. XD Once I download a picture from Pixiv to upload onto Shuu, I delete it right away.
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia »

Being really pedantic person, I sort my images in similar way like Rabbit-san does.

Though that I have probably more sub-folders. Main for source I create: couples (two people, not always romantical situation), characters and other folders. 'Other' has sub-folders for OCs and funny things (comics, edited pictures, demotivational posters et caetera). In 'Couples' are folders for: couples that I ship, other couples, threesomes and group couples. 'Characters', like you can realise has separate folders for every character + group (four and more characters) pictures, where sometimes are also sub-folders (for example - in Naruto: for every team, Akatsuki, kages, group pictures, family pictures, only boys, only girls...).
I created separated folder for pictures including characters from at least two different sources (crossovers).
Original images are mostly divided for couples and characters, where couples are divided to: yaoi, yuri and straight folders and characters are divided to: group, dark-haired, light-haired, angels, vampires, chinese beauties, yandere and warriors folders.
I'm thinking about creating new folder for pictures including people playing on musical instruments (especially piano and violin), because I have real fondness for it~. Maybe because I am former student of music school ^^'
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

I sort by artist, genre, source.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
Isoroku22

Post by Isoroku22 »

I don't have sophisticated way of sorting images. It would be something close to Usahime and Camelia's. ^^

To start I have one big folder where all images related to Japan go, not only anime/manga. Major folders are for anime, manga, cosplay, R-18, none a/m images. There is also temporary folder for images that are going to be posted on Shuu. Aside from anime styled image folder all others don't have specially created sub-folders.
Main anime folder there are source folders + two folders for images with only girls and other for non-girl only images. Girls only folder is further divided into theme folders like girls wearing various clothing (military uniform, kimono, swimsuit), hair color, amount of girls in the image, what they hold/wield (blade weapons, musical instruments), etc. Some of those of folders are further divided, hair color folder in particular which is divided into specific colors. Due to my favoritism of particular elements I have created extra sub-folders (some examples: folder with swimsuits girls have sub-folder only for girls wearing black swimsuits or K-On source folder have sub-folder for only girls with black hair). Folder with non-girls is mainly divided for things like monochrome, crossover, scenic, mixed groups (girls with dudes), couple-pairs (romantic/non-romantic) etc.

Individual users probably noticed how I name images which pretty much gives out to which folders images go.
Julia

Post by Julia »

Hopeful_Encounter wrote:I don't have any of the images that I download from Pixiv saved on my computer. XD Once I download a picture from Pixiv to upload onto Shuu, I delete it right away.
Same here. But if I really like the picture, then it goes into my "Screensaver" folder to be displayed in a slideshow in my screensaver. Sometimes I leave the file name as the Pixiv id number but sometimes I rename it to something descriptive, like "Chibi nurse miku", "Viral genderswap", "Angry winry animation", "chinadress glasses icecream", "Wriggle hug butt!" etc.

If I hit my upload limit and still have images I want to upload later, I'll save them to my desktop with the artist name.

It seems that making a lot of folders is common. On her computer, my BFF has tons of folders sorted by series and then within each folder there is a yaoi subfolder.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

This thread makes me want to organize my image folders. (´・_・`) I think I actually really need to.

I have a folder for things I want to upload to shuu. I then move things to my other folders or just delete them if I don't really like them that much.
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

I sort by artist for those I know. Those I don't know is is randomly sorted by genre or by source site.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
ThunderSorceress

Post by ThunderSorceress »

I do the same as RockRabbit.
For every source I create a folder, and a sub-folder for every character, or groups & couples.
I usually leave the images with their original filename, but I use the artist's name for pictures I want to upload here on Shuu.
I feel like I should actually re-organize everything, it's starting to get messy. ''OTL
Being together is a beginning, staying together is progress and working together is success.
Sara

Post by Sara »

I have separated folders for original artworks and artworks with character . I'm sorting them mostly like Camelia-chan and Rabbit-chii , but I have a bad habit to delete some images without thinking , even if I like them very much :/ . So I'm similar with Meagan and Julia on that one . Especially after uploading that image , I delete it immidiately , and regret it later T_T .

In original artworks folder I sorted by artist's . There are images of my favorite artist's , like Tsukioha Tsukiko and Rella . I used to like Nardack a lot , but I haven't save much images by her nowadays . I also have a lot of images that could be tagged with "scenic" , and I thought of making file for just scenic images , but there is a problem . There are a lot images with Sources like Touhou , for example . I already have Touhou folder and folders for characters , and there are scenic images , so making scenic folder would make big mess to me , since all my folders are organized as I explained above .

I even have folder for gifs , and I'm unsure about few things ? Should I sort gifs by sources and characters ? Or I should make one big "animated" folder , without wasting too much time . Gifs are sorted like that now , but I don't know do I like it that way . I would be glad to read some suggestions :D .

About filename , huh..Never change , same as I saved ^^ .
Julia

Post by Julia »

my current system, such as it is:
  • Assassin's Creed fanart all goes in my AC folder
  • A subfolder of that is AC screenshots and other official AC stuff to reference when I draw my own AC fanart
  • all other art I like enough to save goes in another folder titled "want to keep"
  • unless it's a wallpaper then it goes in wallpaper folder
  • or if it is humorous it goes in "random funny pics"
  • if I like the pose and want to practice drawing something similar it goes into a folder for drawing reference
  • then there is a separate folder called "ero" which you can probably guess the contents of (it's nothing explicit really, I don't like explicit stuff, it has to be a nice softcore romantic type of pic... is this TMI? I should shut up now XD)
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3