Disabling Images

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
softfang

Disabling Images

Post by softfang »

I don't mind this, as I've grown quite used to it by now being here for so long. But I've been wondering why there is no Delete option. Is it too much of a hassle to completely delete an image post? I'm not suggesting there be an option, but I'm simply curious as to why there isn't one.
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Re: Disabling Images

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

I can give you four reasons for this softfang.

The first reason is for reactivation of images. In the event that an image has been deemed appropriate for the board, whether through staff decisions, user appeals, or a change in the policies of the board, any disabled image will be available for reactivation.

Secondly, disabled images may contain posts which may still be of value to the board. Image posts which set policy precedents and can be used as a reference to enforce any future posts of a similar nature are one example. Thus, fully deleting images will remove the posts as well, and thats not a good thing.

The third reason is to preserve database integrity. Basically, there is a lot going on under the hood, and each image is linked to a lot of things in the database. We don't want to mess that up.

The fourth reason is for the similar image search. As you are aware, e-shuushuu compares all image uploads against the entire database. Fully deleting an image from the database will prevent the automated scanning system from working correctly.

Hmm.. that's about all the reasons I can think of at the moment. Maybe the others might give a few reasons.