Getting away with tagging AFTER posting

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Ran

Re: Getting away with tagging AFTER posting

Post by Ran »

I forwarded it to a discussion for the admin to consider a possible change to said rule. While I agree that 5-10 minutes WAY too long, the standard itself was worded the way it is because some users were uploading 20 images at a time before tagging anything. That was an abusive issue and one that was addressed. I don't think giving someone a minute or two after uploading to tag is a bad thing, but mods will need to be consistent in their enforcement which seems to be something touched on in this thread a few times as well. This is just my voices, however, and we're waiting to see what the rest of the team has on the matter. We'll keep you posted on the outcome either way. 8)
whitekitten1997

Post by whitekitten1997 »

I'm always going back and editing tags after I've done and a few times have uploaded without tags because I have multiple character links to find in other tabs that don't have tags yet, but then I like going into dark Japanese pools of internet. Sometimes I use the direct URL from the image on shuu for searches on google so need it uploaded first to find more information.

I just make sure to comment below as soon as it's posted so someone knows I'm editing as they look at it, then delete it after a lot - obviously no one can see what I'm doing sat at home (so have no way to see if I plan on tagging it or not) and the mods have to do their jobs, or people would slack. It personally gives me more motivation to do it right. I see nothing wrong with the rules/traditions or how the mods implement them, I have seen much ruder on other sites.
MyAnimeList | Tumblr (Pink GIFs) | Tumblr (Main)
Valea

Post by Valea »

I don't think it's a big deal. Can't we all just get along?
Ran

Post by Ran »

Feedback on the matter thus far is that the lax approach to this stays the same. Members are NOT required to tag prior to uploading, though it is preferred. Members are, however, expected to tag in a timely manner immediately following their upload. Members that upload images without tagging within a few minutes will be issued warnings and subsequent actions may be taken.

Essentially, we're not here to rule with an iron fist on flexible matters like this. Relax, have fun, enjoy images, and tag in a timely manner when uploading. :)
Sara

Post by Sara »

I don't think the conclusion to this conversation is bad at all, and I admit that I was rather harsh at the beginning of it.
Valea wrote:Can't we all just get along?
Of course! :)
Valea

Post by Valea »

Ran wrote:Feedback on the matter thus far is that the lax approach to this stays the same. Members are NOT required to tag prior to uploading, though it is preferred. Members are, however, expected to tag in a timely manner immediately following their upload. Members that upload images without tagging within a few minutes will be issued warnings and subsequent actions may be taken.

Essentially, we're not here to rule with an iron fist on flexible matters like this. Relax, have fun, enjoy images, and tag in a timely manner when uploading. :)
And Ran, you be nice too.

I want Shuu to be a place free of drama where everyone gets along.