Policy Regarding "Spoiler" Pics

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Ran

Policy Regarding "Spoiler" Pics

Post by Ran »

I noticed today that two pics of mine were disabled due to being spoilers of a series and I'm sure that there are a lot more pics. What should be the policy regarding spoilers?

I would suggest deactivating spoiler pics only until the series has been completed. If not, then some very good images could be deactivated forever due to being labeled a spoiler.

Your thoughts?
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

agreed....like fate stay night was over ages ago and the same with some others as well
Ran

Post by Ran »

That and the fact that there would be a lot of disabled images.

Haruhi Suzumiya with a Guitar
The Negima Pactio cards
Evangeline A.K. McDowell in her mizugi-neko mimi outfit (Big spoiler for me)
Misuzu from Air with her hair cut short on the beach
Couples pictures from Strawberry Panic
Countless Higurashi no Naku Koro ni pictures

There are so many pics that could be considered "spoilers" by one person or another. Sure, you could leave to "moderator discretion" but that's not a very systemized or fair way to do things. In this case, what if one moderator decides that it's not a spoiler, but another says it is? What may be a spoiler to one person may not to another.

The only real solid way to do things, would be leave "spoiler" images deactivated until the series is completed. Once the series is completed, then reactivate the images. After that, reactivate them. At this point, anyone watching the series would have to ignore the spoilers or try to piece them together in the story as they go along.

Perhaps there could be a way to put up a censoring image like the [IMAGE DIASBLED] one, but have it clickable so that whomever wants to see the image, can click and do so. This would actally be my preferred solution.

Otherwise, half of the image board could be potential "spoilers". :?
Biba

Post by Biba »

I agree with Ran. Indeed, there is a possibility that some people haven't seen the series yet, but if you think like that, half of the pictures should be disabled. I have, for example, not seen Fate/Stay Night yet. With half of the pics that had been disabled for being spoilers, I don't even see it is a spoiler, because I don't know what happens in the series.

I also think the pictures should be reactivated once the series is completely fansubbed, and everyone had their chance to watch it completely.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Alternatively, as with disabled images, an option to filter them could be created. Images with tagged as 'spoiler' would not be shown if you had chosen not to show spoiler images, and vice versa.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Fenrir wrote:Alternatively, as with disabled images, an option to filter them could be created. Images with tagged as 'spoiler' would not be shown if you had chosen not to show spoiler images, and vice versa.
Kind of what I was thinking.

As Posted Above
Perhaps there could be a way to put up a censoring image like the [IMAGE DIASBLED] one, but have it clickable so that whomever wants to see the image, can click and do so. This would allow all pics to be seen, but also prevent them from revealing storyline info to those that haven't progressed that far yet. This would actally be my preferred solution.

Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Ran Kizama wrote:The only real solid way to do things, would be leave "spoiler" images deactivated until the series is completed. Once the series is completed, then reactivate the images. After that, reactivate them.
That's assuming everyone watches a series as it's being released, which clearly isn't the case for everyone.

E.g. I followed the weekly releases of "Fate/Stay Night" but I haven't followed "Higurashi No Naka Koroni".

As it is, feel free to all agree on what your preference would be and submit that request to Anony, ultimately it's up to him to decide.

And here's a spoiler for you... the Titanic, it sinks at the end of the movie!!! Bwahahahaha.... didn't see that one coming did you!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Smithy wrote:And here's a spoiler for you... the Titanic, it sinks at the end of the movie!!! Bwahahahaha.... didn't see that one coming did you!
D*mn you Smithy!!! :evil:
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

well.......how about this..

could anony make a way to disable a pic for being a spoiler but the members can still look at them by changing a option in there profiles

so in other words the members have a choice if thay want to see spoilers or not
Rimu-Ch4n
Location: That country with the Tulips and Dykes and Windmills next to Germany ^_^

Post by Rimu-Ch4n »

yeah, I think that would be best.

A pic being a spoiler depends on whether the person has seen the series or not.

I'm scared of Higurashi spoilers T-T
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

So,we can post spoilers but you have to decide if you see or not the spoiler,is that?