â–º .: Banner Refresh :.

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)

How would you prefer the banner refresh?

Add new banners to the already existing banners.
75%
Replace all existing banners with new ones.
25%

Total votes: 141

topzter

Post by topzter »

hehe i do that sometime
amfest

Post by amfest »

topzter wrote:hehe i do that sometime
well I can understand Yurie-hime's swirly eyes . .stuff like that always makes ME confused XD
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

Here's an offering from me:

left - middle - right
Image - Image - Image
all together

I still have no capacity for anything but plain backgrounds >_<.
The kanji reads as "e-shuushuu" (well... with the furigana, anyway), and more specifically means e/ii = electronic/electric, shuushuu = collection. Nya.

On another note, I wanted to use this:
but I remember reading that the formats of the three pictures should be the same, and I didn't want to change my other ones to GIF. Is this still true, or could I have a couple of PNGs and a GIF?
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

My first post here!Interesting topic this,and Fuwari-san,nice job with this banner ^^~
Maybe I start make somes banners...Well,funny ^^~
I vote too ^^
But,in the banner,need to have a couple? o.õ?
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Yay, Fuwari's taking part too. :D
Here's what it looks like on my 1280x1024 resolution^^
Fuwari wrote:but I remember reading that the formats of the three pictures should be the same, and I didn't want to change my other ones to GIF. Is this still true, or could I have a couple of PNGs and a GIF?
It seems to work if you modify the html code a bit. ^^
You can get the trial code with the link Fettgans posted.
Fettgans wrote: EDIT : Ha, and if you want to see how your banner will look on e-Shuushuu, you could use that.
You can't see it, but these are actually animated, if you modified the code a bit..
Image•Image•Image

The ones in a black background is how it looks like expanded. (Using 1280x1024 resolution^^)
I don't know much about html, but I could at least do the small things. :P
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Nice banner there Fuwari. :) I wouldn't worry too much about complex backgrounds since the banner will be 'broken up' in 3 parts anway, so plain is fine.
Although I like the theme and kawaii figures in yours, they don't superbly fit together. I think a version with all chibi nekomimi would be best next to a version with 'normal' nekomimi characters like the right one.
December

Post by December »

Here is my one :D

Full

Left | Middle | Right

Image-Image-Image

View at 1280 x 1024 resolution

To honest, it looks very plain as a couple of my ideas back fired but I'm interested in ur opinions and any recommendations if nescessary.

PS: Does it matter if it saved in png or jpg format?
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Nice, December^^
The only real complaint(this is just personal opinion) I have that it's another Rozen banner. We already have one on rotation. I was hoping you'd choose a different anime for more variation.

Wouldn't want the whole site to give the impression that it's a Rozen-fan site. Shuushuu's meant to be all-around. :lol:
December

Post by December »

I thought there wasn't a Rozen Maiden lol

I don't see that banner often but I can make another one to give it more variation :)
Just let me gather my ideas for the time being :wink:
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

Really kawaii December ^^~
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

solwyvern wrote:It seems to work if you modify the html code a bit. ^^
Ah, I knew that it would work that way; I just vaguely remembered there being some rule of some sort that the three pictures needed to be of the same format. Looking back through the threads, it doesn't seem that there is... what I'm remembering is probably this:
anonymous_object wrote:We can try to work something out if you want to keep the border, but either way, can you make the middle one png instead of jpg to match the left and right?
(Odd how the mind remembers things). All of the current banners are in PNG format, so it's possible that the site just grabs the left.png/middle.png/right.png out of a random folder instead of searching for the extensions/formats. I can't think of any other ways to tell how the system is selecting the files, so I can't tell if it can select multiple files of different formats yet. Then again, Anony said he didn't mind animated GIFs and previously mentioned he'd take a JPG setup (*points to December*):
anonymous_object wrote:I'd prefer PNG, but if a JPG setup looks ok, they will be alright as well.
(Continues mumbling to himself). Er, so what does Anony have to say?
Smithy wrote:Although I like the theme and kawaii figures in yours, they don't superbly fit together. I think a version with all chibi nekomimi would be best next to a version with 'normal' nekomimi characters like the right one.
Hmm. I made the banner with the animated GIF in mind, so I agree with you on that. But then I wondered if it would be too much if all I had were chibi nekomimis everywhere, so I decided to use Fate(?) instead. But really, I just ran out of chibi nekomimis >_<. I need to find some more and see what I can make.
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Oh, what a very interesting topic this is. ^^ I'll try my hand at making one too, but I won't guarantee anything.

Solwyvern's neko SHnY one is so damn cute ^^
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Fuwari wrote:
anonymous_object wrote:We can try to work something out if you want to keep the border, but either way, can you make the middle one png instead of jpg to match the left and right?
(Odd how the mind remembers things). All of the current banners are in PNG format, so it's possible that the site just grabs the left.png/middle.png/right.png out of a random folder instead of searching for the extensions/formats. I can't think of any other ways to tell how the system is selecting the files, so I can't tell if it can select multiple files of different formats yet. Then again, Anony said he didn't mind animated GIFs and previously mentioned he'd take a JPG setup (*points to December*):
anonymous_object wrote:I'd prefer PNG, but if a JPG setup looks ok, they will be alright as well.
(Continues mumbling to himself). Er, so what does Anony have to say?
Yeah, the code currently just picks a random directory and expects the files to be left.png, middle.png, and right.png. However, I can change that so don't let it limit you. I can make it so each banner can have different file types for each piece.
e-shuushuu!
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

Anonymous_object banzai!

Updated banner (with fixed kanji):
left - middle - right
Image - Image - Image
Ran

Post by Ran »

Here's one I made over the past hour and a half. I only have MSPaint for the moment, so bare with my efforts. (^_^);

Left - Middle - Right
Image - Image - Image

Complete Banner