â–º .: Banner Refresh :.

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)

How would you prefer the banner refresh?

Add new banners to the already existing banners.
75%
Replace all existing banners with new ones.
25%

Total votes: 141

amfest

Post by amfest »

heh solwyern

though I"ve noticed you maybe? have the same problem I had at first with my tail movement where the tail is sorta detaching? I notice some color coming into the tail or leaving? when it comes back up there is a small amount of color pixels that are between the skirt and the tail . . .

no flash that's fine . .though I suggest you find a limit on the size of animated style gifs before people make some that are too huge. lol. I do believe some 56k people browse. Most likely shouldn't make all 3 animated . . or beware the frame numbers.

Like the ones that solwyern put up . the main banner already has 17 frames of animation and then another 8 frames for the tail wiggle of the other. I can't test load times cause I'm not on a 56k anymore :/ They are pretty light I suppose but I wasn't thinking multiple really or long.

I just got up for work . .i think i'm starting to babble . .think I'll go now >_>
yurie~hime`

Post by yurie~hime` »

sugoi~!!!!

nice, solwy-san~!!!! That is definitely kawaii~!!!!
amazing, an animated banner~!!! that is what we need to add more cuteness on e-shuushuu~!!! yay~!!!!
chibi neko.. kawaii~..
Valea

Post by Valea »

yurie~hime` wrote:sugoi~!!!!

nice, solwy-san~!!!! That is definitely kawaii~!!!!
amazing, an animated banner~!!! that is what we need to add more cuteness on e-shuushuu~!!! yay~!!!!
chibi neko.. kawaii~..
Yurie-chan you're always so cute... I want to squeeze you~
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Valea wrote:Yurie-chan you're always so cute... I want to squeeze you~
Oh, squeezing yurie~hime now are we Valea? Excellent.... fufufufufu...

Though I sympathyze with the sentiment. :)
canis

Re: â–º .: Banner Refresh :.

Post by canis »

solwyvern wrote:[*] Ensure that there are 2 sections of emptiness where it can be cut (both cut lines should split the image into 3 approximately equally widthed pieces (like ~300 pixels each))
Even if the banner is made of 3 pieces, is it really required to leave those white spots? Since the pieces are right next to each other, even an image that is spread over 2 pieces would look complete, right?
Ran

Post by Ran »

canis wrote:
solwyvern wrote:[*] Ensure that there are 2 sections of emptiness where it can be cut (both cut lines should split the image into 3 approximately equally widthed pieces (like ~300 pixels each))
Even if the banner is made of 3 pieces, is it really required to leave those white spots? Since the pieces are right next to each other, even an image that is spread over 2 pieces would look complete, right?
The default background is white and some people have abnoxiously wide monitors. The white breaks ensure that banner still has a clean appearance even when stretch apart. A center pic, and then a right pic, and a left pic. :)
amfest

Post by amfest »

canis wrote:
one of my computers

and now I highlighted the images so you can see what is actual image and what is whitespace.

also I don't run a high resolution so imagine what it would look like if the res was alot higher. >_>
canis

Post by canis »

Ok, makes sense. Thanks for the explaination. ^_^
Eichi-sama

Post by Eichi-sama »

Ahah!! I must paticipate in this. After my exam though... "OTL
So the deadline>??
ImageImage
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Eichi-sama wrote:Ahah!! I must paticipate in this. After my exam though... "OTL
So the deadline>??
Please do! Image Image
No deadline. I made the thread for the sole purpose of 'motivation' to make more.
..but for now, concentrate on your exams first. Image
amfest wrote: though I"ve noticed you maybe? have the same problem I had at first with my tail movement where the tail is sorta detaching?
Well, yeah, It was more obvious on my first try. I guess it looks a bit odd since the skirt doesn't follow...
I had to place the tail on three different places then tweened each one without opacity. Image
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

amfest wrote:also I don't run a high resolution so imagine what it would look like if the res was alot higher. >_>
Kind of like this?

(Monitor at work... I wish I had one like that at home.)
amfest

Post by amfest »

heh resolutions like that make you work harder as you have to move the mouse THAT much further when you visit fixed format type webpages like shuushuu XD
topzter

Post by topzter »

Smithy wrote: (Monitor at work... I wish I had one like that at home.)
Me too XD
MBF

Post by MBF »

topzter wrote:
Smithy wrote: (Monitor at work... I wish I had one like that at home.)
Me too XD
Me Three
Feel Free to add me to MSN, but leave your E-Shuu^2 SN on so I know who you are.
yurie~hime`

Post by yurie~hime` »

Smithy wrote:
Valea wrote:Yurie-chan you're always so cute... I want to squeeze you~
Oh, squeezing yurie~hime now are we Valea? Excellent.... fufufufufu...

Though I sympathyze with the sentiment. :)

on a side note:
@_@