â–º .: Banner Refresh :.

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)

How would you prefer the banner refresh?

Add new banners to the already existing banners.
105
76%
Replace all existing banners with new ones.
34
24%
 
Total votes: 139

User avatar
amfest
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:09 am
Location: Kingdom of Texas

Post by amfest » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:10 am

heh solwyern

though I"ve noticed you maybe? have the same problem I had at first with my tail movement where the tail is sorta detaching? I notice some color coming into the tail or leaving? when it comes back up there is a small amount of color pixels that are between the skirt and the tail . . .

no flash that's fine . .though I suggest you find a limit on the size of animated style gifs before people make some that are too huge. lol. I do believe some 56k people browse. Most likely shouldn't make all 3 animated . . or beware the frame numbers.

Like the ones that solwyern put up . the main banner already has 17 frames of animation and then another 8 frames for the tail wiggle of the other. I can't test load times cause I'm not on a 56k anymore :/ They are pretty light I suppose but I wasn't thinking multiple really or long.

I just got up for work . .i think i'm starting to babble . .think I'll go now >_>
Image

User avatar
yurie~hime`
Posts: 479
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:45 am
Location: in front of my computer.. xD
Contact:

Post by yurie~hime` » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:03 am

sugoi~!!!!

nice, solwy-san~!!!! That is definitely kawaii~!!!!
amazing, an animated banner~!!! that is what we need to add more cuteness on e-shuushuu~!!! yay~!!!!
chibi neko.. kawaii~..
Image

User avatar
Valea
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Valea » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:08 am

yurie~hime` wrote:sugoi~!!!!

nice, solwy-san~!!!! That is definitely kawaii~!!!!
amazing, an animated banner~!!! that is what we need to add more cuteness on e-shuushuu~!!! yay~!!!!
chibi neko.. kawaii~..
Yurie-chan you're always so cute... I want to squeeze you~
Image

User avatar
Smithy
Posts: 2157
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:50 pm
Contact:

Post by Smithy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:31 pm

Valea wrote:Yurie-chan you're always so cute... I want to squeeze you~
Oh, squeezing yurie~hime now are we Valea? Excellent.... fufufufufu...

Though I sympathyze with the sentiment. :)

User avatar
canis
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:23 pm

Re: â–º .: Banner Refresh :.

Post by canis » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:56 pm

solwyvern wrote:[*] Ensure that there are 2 sections of emptiness where it can be cut (both cut lines should split the image into 3 approximately equally widthed pieces (like ~300 pixels each))
Even if the banner is made of 3 pieces, is it really required to leave those white spots? Since the pieces are right next to each other, even an image that is spread over 2 pieces would look complete, right?

User avatar
Ran
Posts: 2642
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Canton, Ga
Contact:

Re: â–º .: Banner Refresh :.

Post by Ran » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:59 pm

canis wrote:
solwyvern wrote:[*] Ensure that there are 2 sections of emptiness where it can be cut (both cut lines should split the image into 3 approximately equally widthed pieces (like ~300 pixels each))
Even if the banner is made of 3 pieces, is it really required to leave those white spots? Since the pieces are right next to each other, even an image that is spread over 2 pieces would look complete, right?
The default background is white and some people have abnoxiously wide monitors. The white breaks ensure that banner still has a clean appearance even when stretch apart. A center pic, and then a right pic, and a left pic. :)
Image

User avatar
amfest
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:09 am
Location: Kingdom of Texas

Re: â–º .: Banner Refresh :.

Post by amfest » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:55 pm

canis wrote:
solwyvern wrote:[*] Ensure that there are 2 sections of emptiness where it can be cut (both cut lines should split the image into 3 approximately equally widthed pieces (like ~300 pixels each))
Even if the banner is made of 3 pieces, is it really required to leave those white spots? Since the pieces are right next to each other, even an image that is spread over 2 pieces would look complete, right?
one of my computers

Image

and now I highlighted the images so you can see what is actual image and what is whitespace.

Image

also I don't run a high resolution so imagine what it would look like if the res was alot higher. >_>
Image

User avatar
canis
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:23 pm

Post by canis » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:18 am

Ok, makes sense. Thanks for the explaination. ^_^

User avatar
Eichi-sama
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere in this little world
Contact:

Post by Eichi-sama » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:33 am

Ahah!! I must paticipate in this. After my exam though... "OTL
So the deadline>??
ImageImage

User avatar
solwyvern
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:52 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Post by solwyvern » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:42 am

Eichi-sama wrote:Ahah!! I must paticipate in this. After my exam though... "OTL
So the deadline>??
Please do! Image Image
No deadline. I made the thread for the sole purpose of 'motivation' to make more.
..but for now, concentrate on your exams first. Image
amfest wrote: though I"ve noticed you maybe? have the same problem I had at first with my tail movement where the tail is sorta detaching?
Well, yeah, It was more obvious on my first try. I guess it looks a bit odd since the skirt doesn't follow...
I had to place the tail on three different places then tweened each one without opacity. Image

User avatar
Smithy
Posts: 2157
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: â–º .: Banner Refresh :.

Post by Smithy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:18 pm

amfest wrote:also I don't run a high resolution so imagine what it would look like if the res was alot higher. >_>
Kind of like this?
Image

(Monitor at work... I wish I had one like that at home.)

User avatar
amfest
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:09 am
Location: Kingdom of Texas

Post by amfest » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:22 pm

heh resolutions like that make you work harder as you have to move the mouse THAT much further when you visit fixed format type webpages like shuushuu XD
Image

User avatar
topzter
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in a box

Re: â–º .: Banner Refresh :.

Post by topzter » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:49 pm

Smithy wrote: (Monitor at work... I wish I had one like that at home.)
Me too XD

User avatar
MBF
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:39 pm

Re: â–º .: Banner Refresh :.

Post by MBF » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:07 pm

topzter wrote:
Smithy wrote: (Monitor at work... I wish I had one like that at home.)
Me too XD
Me Three
Feel Free to add me to MSN, but leave your E-Shuu^2 SN on so I know who you are.

User avatar
yurie~hime`
Posts: 479
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:45 am
Location: in front of my computer.. xD
Contact:

Post by yurie~hime` » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:01 pm

Smithy wrote:
Valea wrote:Yurie-chan you're always so cute... I want to squeeze you~
Oh, squeezing yurie~hime now are we Valea? Excellent.... fufufufufu...

Though I sympathyze with the sentiment. :)
Image

on a side note:
Image
@_@
Image

Post Reply