Times Viewed

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
canis

Times Viewed

Post by canis »

I noticed that this image has an unbelievable hight number of times it was viewed:
http://e-shuushuu.net/image.php?mode=vi ... e_id=82996

Over a 1000 times seems really abit too much. o_O The highest number I ever saw was around 400 and the average is even only at 50-70.

Not that it's a big deal, just wonder if it's a bug or something.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

You must've forgotten about the Haruhi image that was posted last year? :lol:
Ran

Post by Ran »

Fenrir wrote:You must've forgotten about the Haruhi image that was posted last year? :lol:
Times Viewed: 47586 :shock:
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

You know, I do question the times viewed number sometimes, but it's only updated when someone requests the image from the server. The thing is, it's incremented everytime some one requests the image, not necessarily when the image is fully loaded. If some one starts loading the image, and cancels it 0.5 seconds into the loading, it will still count as an image view. Also, if some one really wants to reload the same image over and over (wasting my bandwidth, btw), it will increment each time. I think this is what causes the number to be so crazy high on some images...
This is kinda also the reason I may remove sorting by times viewed... people (bad people, not you ;)) can manipulate the counter and make images they want to appear first do just that.
e-shuushuu!
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

wanting to make an image appear first by making it pass 47 thousand views? bit much dont you think? also im curious why it was clicked so much ... i mean its a nice picture but its really big and there are cleaner images of them that are smaller and bigger.
canis

Post by canis »

Fenrir wrote:You must've forgotten about the Haruhi image that was posted last year? :lol:
Wow... not bad... o_O

(reads anonys post)

Correction:
Wow that's bad!

Too bad the counter is abused like this by some people. :(
I always liked to see how many times my own images where viewed, also for statistical reasons. Shows what kind of images I should post and which images are less popular.
primetch

Post by primetch »

It's like DoS ... by idiots.
[witty remark here]