When creating the designs, pretend that anything is possible and ignore technical limitations. I will inform you if any changes need to be made to your design to accommodate current browser limitations. I'll also be notifying you if the font and backgrounds lack sufficient contrast. As everyone should know already, anonymous_object holds veto power over any entries.
Entries should consist of two images:
- A mockup of a page when viewing an image. Include at least one or two posts with the design. Also, remember to include an area to display the IP address of the post (Only moderators see this, but it is needed) and whether or not the post has been edited.
- A mockup of a page in thumbnail layout. Include around six images as a minimum.
You may want to take into consideration the following:
- 1024x768 monitors are still pretty much the norm. After you take into account the scrollbar, there is only about 995px to work with.
- The banner area currently in use is 980px by 200px
- Avatars are 100 by 100
- Thumbnails are a maximum of 250 by 200
- Anything smaller than 12pt Arial is probably too small
If you wish to participate but dread the idea of trying to do this in paint and do not have access to other software, I recommend the use of InkScape, an open-source vector editing program for Windows and Linus and also what I used to make my entry. ( Note that .46 has some weird bugs relating to fonts on windows. You may want to revert back to .45 )