stereo images

Requests specific images, artists, styles, etc here
MahoroSakiMay

stereo images

Post by MahoroSakiMay »

I was wondering how many, if any make stereo images ... or have a source of them.

I love them, especially when well done ... more rare with anime so I will give some non-anime examples as well as at least one anime one ;) I had a couple others, but they were a bit too echhi for here :D

I think these are awesome and would love to see an anime produced in such a way :P

To get it to work, cross your eyes until the two images merge into a third image in the middle, try to get focus on that third image and bam! 3D. Stereo goggles would be much easier, but I don't have them, so this works great for me. It takes some longer than others ... showed my mum and it took her almost half an hour :P I can get it within a few seconds even when i haven't looked at any in a while.

So enough talk about them, here they are ...

I have a a ton of nature/building/etc. ones ... I believe around 200 MB or more. I just wish there was more kawaii anime done in such a way and passed upon my stereo folder and thought I would take a chance and ask.

Thanks if you can and even if you can't :P
ecchina no wa ikenaito omoimasu!

solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

I really can't see it. >_<;
I have difficulty crossing my eyes... but it looks fun.
-
A little google research brings me the following links:
http://www.luxborealis.fi/stereo/stereo.htm
http://www.nightmare.com/~rushing/stereo/index.html
0okami

Post by 0okami »

cant do it either.. they keep moving back to the left.
ouch my head... *dizzy*
~0okami.
msn: ookami.digital @ gmail.com

MahoroSakiMay

Post by MahoroSakiMay »

hmmm .... it is kinda like those posters that an image pops out (but I never see those!)

Get the image so it is the only thing on the screen ...

try to center yourself between the two images ...

sometimes moving in or out a few inches can help

once you get it, it is quite shocking!

and, you can make them yourself ;)

get a digital camera, set it up on something solid, take a picture, move it about two inches in the same plane as the bottom of the camera ... so if level left at the same height (then make sure the left and right go in the right spot when putting them together). You can then have a 3D image of anything you want (read my sig, translate if necessary ;) :lol: )

Please don't give up ... theses ones really pop out and look great if you try ... and once you can focus on it, your eyes don't strain ... they only strain because of the blurriness.

You could also try to put your finger in front of your eyes, but that is too distracting for me :) It does help with people who have trouble crossing their eyes.

I think it does take a bit of adjustment to focusing slow enough ... I pay attention to the size of the middle image I am creating and when it gets about the size of the others, then I try to get a foreground object in the picture in focus. If that isn't working, I find something of great contrast and rather straight to get my bearing. The second picture, I usually use the sidewalk or trees.

Showing my mom, she thought all three images need to be focused, but it is only the center 'ghost' image you create by crossing your eyes that needs to focus and be concentrated on.

I wish I could describe what to do better ... for me, I did find the further I went back from the monitor, the less I needed to cross and it was a bit easier.

If someone else gets it, please try to help explain better ...

I can say the technical or biological side of it is, you are artificially doing what your brain does when looking at things in normal life, putting two flat images together to make a 3D one ... this is how most 3D imaging works whether using the blue and red filtered glasses, or polarized glasses to get the appropriate images to each eye (only they are projected combined).

I am working on a cute (to me) frame from one of my favorite animes, but it may take a while since I am not even used to editing at any level yet :roll: I could do an outside on, but, there is nothing pretty about FL this time of year ... no snow, no leaves :P
ecchina no wa ikenaito omoimasu!

Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Can't work for me as I barely have depth perception -my right eye is not positioned correctly-.