The ULTIMATE battle of sheer epicness!
Made by severely editting two pictures (that I take NO credit for!), thusly resulting in this blended crossover of pure awesomeness!
Ryougi Shiki © Kara no Kyoukai (Authored by Kinoko Nasu and illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi)
Nagato Yuki © Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (By Nagaru Tanigawa and illustrated by Noizi Ito)
The reason this battle would be amazing and epic to witness is because... well, think about it! Shiki (can kill anything) against Yuki (can create anything). Wouldn't that be the BEST battle to EVER see?! <3
Nagato Yuki (with Asakura Ryouko and Kyon) (Artist: Hijikini)
1. I had to first 'delete' Asakura (left), but I left her hand holding the knife.
2. Then I went and selected Shiki's arm (just the sleeve, though I had to delete the part under her hand 'cause it looked weird over Asakura's when I positioned it) and resized it about 65% it's normal size, so that it was small enough to fit rather decently with Asakura's hand.
3. I did this with the rest of Shiki's body, section by section, until I fit them together inside the picture over the background of the original. I left a thick white border around Shiki's body.
4. The border allowed me to 'white out' everything around Shiki and Nagato, making a giant, clean background. Even after finally deleting everything so that just the two of them were shown (took about an hour and a half), there were still small traces of the background seen along their bodies' borders.
5. To smooth these parts out and ultimately 'hide' them, I messed around with the Effects in order to find one that both did the job and looked pretty cool. I went with the addition of 'Noise' to the picture, giving it an almost "aged" look (I don't know how to explain it).
6. I then decided to spruce it up by adding a pair of 'HP bars' up top. Nagato has slightly less health due to the fact that Shiki's blade is injuring her hand. I took that into account, so as to make it a bit 'realistic' rather than leaving her with perfect health yet still be bleeding. I know she's like, immune to pain or something (as she had been *SPOILER* impaled by spikes, and Asakura and yet she was perfectly fine, removing the objects from her body with ease, soon destroying Asakura in the end *SPOILER*), but still.
7. After that, I added their names on the bottom.
8. I tried to add fog to the lower section of Shiki's body like it shows around Nagato's legs (original picture's effect) but it looked wrong and cheesy no matter how I did it so I gave up and just left as is. Also, Shiki looks noticeably bigger than Nagato, but I planned it that way because Nagato's supposed to be quite the shorty. XD
9. Lastly, I went back and Colorized Shiki's hand (originally Asakura's) to try and match Shiki's skintone because it looked kind of off. I think I did pretty well.
The only downsides of this is that I couldn't make Shiki look "softer" rather than so vibrant and crisp. I wanted her to be a bit 'dull' looking like Nagato does, where it's not so "LOOK AT ME" bright. XDDD But oh well. I still love it! <3
I am SO proud of this! I never knew I had the ability to make something like this. This is a special gift for my Nagato-obsessed friend, who wants to remain known simply as Serenity.
I hope you enjoy and love this as much as I do. <3 I'm the first to ever create something of this crossover, I think. XD Maybe it'll inspire some more Shiki vs. Nagato epic art!