Multi-Tag Search Extension

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Alcuinus

Multi-Tag Search Extension

Post by Alcuinus »

Greetings all.... 3rd or so post on here so I'm probably doing it wrong... pls correct me.

I have here a script for you guys that allows you to select and search by multiple tags in the gallery. just hover over the tags list (it expands), hover over the tag you want to search by (a checkbox will appear), select the checkbox (a search icon will appear to the right), make further selections, and click the search symbol. This way if you come across an image with the tags "brown hair" and "blue eyes", you can select those two tags and instantly search all images with those selected tags.

Tested in FF 5.0 and Chrome v12 (the chrome version is not released, however. If there is interst I will provide that one as well)

Requires Greasemonkey extension for FF

If you use it, I'd appreciate any feedback :)

Link
RockRabbit

Re: Multi-Tag Search Extension

Post by RockRabbit »

isn't this the same like using the search function o.o
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Alcuinus

Post by Alcuinus »

RockRabbit wrote:isn't this the same like using the search function o.o
It is indeed with the exception that if I come across an image with several tags I want to seach, I can select those and do so right there rather than having to go to the search page and copy and paste/type them in. currently I can only click one tag and then click view images with this tag (on the tag description page) whereas I have often in the past wanted to search for several of the tags found in that image.... perhaps this is just confusing... i made a screen shot for it but userscripts won't let me upload it.

Here is the screen shot showing what it does:
screen capture
Julia

Post by Julia »

That's pretty cool.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Merun

Post by Merun »

Looks good. I will check a bit the source code since I also have some idea for some Greasemonkey script on E-shuushuu, mainly a reverse linking to Pixiv.

Off topic, but I won't publish Pixiv Fetcher on Userscript, since the script has a backend on my own server, I need to keep track of security and usage.
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Useful in a way. But it has it's own catch. Like I can't add tags without clicking the "Edit" button anymore.
Alcuinus

Post by Alcuinus »

Julia wrote:That's pretty cool.
Merun wrote:Looks good. I will check a bit the source code since I also have some idea for some Greasemonkey script on E-shuushuu, mainly a reverse linking to Pixiv.

Off topic, but I won't publish Pixiv Fetcher on Userscript, since the script has a backend on my own server, I need to keep track of security and usage.
Ok. But just as an fyi, most of the code in there is a way to utilize jquery with greasemonkey. If you don't need the effects, it's a lot simpler than my source code would indicate. ;) But if you ever need any help with js, I would love to help if I can (I'll jump at any opportunity to code some js). :D
Tensa wrote:Useful in a way. But it has it's own catch. Like I can't add tags without clicking the "Edit" button anymore.
Wow... did not see that one coming lol. I'll fix it. :)
EDIT: Can you possibly post a screen capture of the page where you can't add a tag for me? Sorry for the inconvenience.... I can never find decent pictures to upload so I haven't. Orz

Thank you all for the feedback :)
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Alcuinus

Post by Alcuinus »

Thank you very much for the pics, Tensa. :)
Is this an admin feature or can I do it too (provided I can find a good image to upload)?
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Alcuinus wrote:Thank you very much for the pics, Tensa. :)
Is this an admin feature or can I do it too (provided I can find a good image to upload)?
everyone can edit their own images :]
Merun

Post by Merun »

I know a bit jQuery, though for my Greasemonkey, I wrote my JS the old way, and did my XMLhttprequest the Greasemonkey way.

Well tested with my Firefox now. Indeed it kills the quick edit AJAX. Also for the tag team I think it's highly inconvenient to autohide the tags. Maybe you should check the main.js. I think the function which are conflicting are:

function enlivenMeta( div )
function quickTag( event )
Merun @ Twitter
Alcuinus

Post by Alcuinus »

Merun wrote:I know a bit jQuery, though for my Greasemonkey, I wrote my JS the old way, and did my XMLhttprequest the Greasemonkey way.

Well tested with my Firefox now. Indeed it kills the quick edit AJAX. Also for the tag team I think it's highly inconvenient to autohide the tags. Maybe you should check the main.js. I think the function which are conflicting are:

Thanks for the info! That will be most helpful.

I have never submitted an image before but would it be ok for me to submit this one? If I can submit one it would make things much easier on me, but I'm not too sure on the guidelines of what is acceptable. (specifically, does the artist have to grant permission?)
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Alcuinus wrote:
Merun wrote:I know a bit jQuery, though for my Greasemonkey, I wrote my JS the old way, and did my XMLhttprequest the Greasemonkey way.

Thanks for the info! That will be most helpful.

I have never submitted an image before but would it be ok for me to submit this one? If I can submit one it would make things much easier on me, but I'm not too sure on the guidelines of what is acceptable. (specifically, does the artist have to grant permission?)
this one is already uploaded :3
in the shuu wiki you can find a list of artists that do not allow for their images to be uploaded :]
Alcuinus

Post by Alcuinus »

Thanks to much help from RockRabbit I have been able to upload an image! :lol:
However upon uploading an image there is no indication of the tag label being clickable with or without my script :twisted:

So I assume this "quick tag set" feature is something that only the admins can use?
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Taking it literally, Admins, Mods and Taggers for all images.
But I don't know about normal members for their uploaded images. Started doing it like that after I became a tagger.