Neat websites thread

Other misc discussion
Deoxys

Re: Neat websites thread

Post by Deoxys »

hinikuya

Post by hinikuya »

Julia wrote:Lang-8 is a cool site where you write in the language you're trying to learn and native speakers of that language correct any errors you made. Here's the link to my profile: http://lang-8.com/301576
Oh, this looks like it could be interesting. Taken!

http://lang-8.com/301885

Feel free to correct me, I'm sure I'll make plenty of mistakes.
時間は余るものではなく作るもの
Julia

Post by Julia »

hinikuya wrote:
Julia wrote:Lang-8 is a cool site where you write in the language you're trying to learn and native speakers of that language correct any errors you made. Here's the link to my profile: http://lang-8.com/301576
Oh, this looks like it could be interesting. Taken!

http://lang-8.com/301885

Feel free to correct me, I'm sure I'll make plenty of mistakes.
Wow, you're tons better at Japanese than me :o
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
hinikuya

Post by hinikuya »

Julia wrote:
hinikuya wrote:...
Wow, you're tons better at Japanese than me :o
Wah... what is this, a lot of people are strangely complimenting my Japanese, but I'm not nearly as good as everyone is saying. I think it's because I'm only using words/phrases I'm already familiar with. I think I should branch out into a topic with substance (I've been talking about nothing so far) and demonstrate just how bad I am.

On another note, I'm a little sad we're the only ones interested in the site; no one else here wants to learn another language?
時間は余るものではなく作るもの
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

More like, too scared to actually apply what crappy knowledge I have of the languages I want to learn, w
私は悪魔です。
hinikuya

Post by hinikuya »

From my experience, everyone is really nice.

Since everyone is studying a language themselves, I think they all know and respect the fact that everyone starts out bad, so I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I've not actually tried myself, but I'm sure no one would mind if you posted completely in hiragana/katakana. Maybe even in romaji, who knows. If you still feel uncomfortable, you could correct other people's English until you think you're ready to write something of your own.

Come on, join the dark side!
時間は余るものではなく作るもの
Merun

Post by Merun »

Next month I may start learning Japanese by myself. I just know I'm capable, now what is left is motivation and good habits.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Merun wrote:Next month I may start learning Japanese by myself. I just know I'm capable, now what is left is motivation and good habits.
Same...=w=

I made a profile. Now I'll just...not use it ever.
http://lang-8.com/303233
私は悪魔です。
Julia

Post by Julia »

hinikuya wrote:From my experience, everyone is really nice.

Since everyone is studying a language themselves, I think they all know and respect the fact that everyone starts out bad, so I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I've not actually tried myself, but I'm sure no one would mind if you posted completely in hiragana/katakana. Maybe even in romaji, who knows. If you still feel uncomfortable, you could correct other people's English until you think you're ready to write something of your own.

Come on, join the dark side!
Everybody on that site is super-super-nice, I've not found any mean people yet. (If anything, they're too friendly! I've gotten over a dozen friend requests in a week, many from people I made just one correction to, and I'm afraid to deny any of them because I don't know if it will tell them I denied them! :lol:) It is fine if you write in hiragana, people will correct it with hiragana or suggest kanji you can use.

Like hinikuya says, maybe you can just correct people's English until you feel more comfortable.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

It's funny...I tried making some corrections, but I guess I did it wrong, because it says I have done nothing. Yay. 8D?
私は悪魔です。
hinikuya

Post by hinikuya »

Yatchen wrote:It's funny...I tried making some corrections, but I guess I did it wrong, because it says I have done nothing. Yay. 8D?
The site doesn't tell you this, but after you make your corrections, you have to go down to the Preview button underneath the comment box (I guess they want to promote commenting?). Then you can submit your final corrections.

When people friend you on Lang-8, they can (and usually do) send a comment along with the friend request... I never know what to say to those. I usually end up accepting and then quietly exiting the response page. Hopefully no one minds.
時間は余るものではなく作るもの
Julia

Post by Julia »

hinikuya wrote:When people friend you on Lang-8, they can (and usually do) send a comment along with the friend request... I never know what to say to those. I usually end up accepting and then quietly exiting the response page. Hopefully no one minds.
Lol, I do the same thing :]
Merun

Post by Merun »

No one on shuu is learning French *feel useless as a native french speaker* ( lol ). Not that I can help much, French is a bitch so even I tried correcting people, I would have to double check quite a few time; though it might improve my own French xD;;; I may have more luck correcting in English <.<; ( not in Spanish, I didn't really like the classes I had so I also kind of hate the language )

In other word, I have decided to roll my Japanese learning project. So maybe I will join the dark side latter.
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

I'll rely on you when I got homework at French, Meru-nii! ^_^
neko_nekogami

Post by neko_nekogami »

Dead thread but... can my Marauders Era Harry Potter Roleplay count as a neat website? Because is totally is and needs more active members! Well, I think it's neat anyway. Sorry for the advertisement but I thought it would be okay in this thread.
We are currently in need of a lot of characters canon or original! Stop by to see what canons are available or create your own character!