Goes here?

See something wrong? Let us know
Aizawa

Goes here?

Post by Aizawa »

I'm sorry for being such a newb. I'm a mod on ZeroChan so I understand the whole tag thing, but here's a couple question I have.

Why Can't I upload from my iPhone? Is the site not compatible or what? I'd like to have a user photo and contribute. I don't own a computer and I don't have a whole lot of spare time. So navigating the site with this is handy.

The wiki. I'd like to help out with the best of my knowledge but I fear messing it up. And how do I get a profile like over users? The ones that give hobbies, ect.?

Oh mi goodness. I'm such a newb. DX
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Yatchen

Re: Goes here?

Post by Yatchen »

I don't know about your iPhone, but I was able to access all of the pages on my android. I didn't try uploading an image or a new avatar though...is that the problem? It doesn't work for you when you try?

For the wiki...we have a few guides for editing. You can find them here. Mostly editing help. Don't be afraid to mess up and feel free to consult the Wiki Rangers for help.

Do you mean a profile page on the wiki? Create a page titled "User:Aizawa", paste in this template, fill out, and viola!
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

You can't upload file through Mobile Safari as far as I know.
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Uploaded a few images using a non-android, non-iPhone like, yet still touchscreen phone. Err... with Opera mobile. So I doubt it's your phone.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Tensa wrote:Uploaded a few images using a non-android, non-iPhone like, yet still touchscreen phone. Err... with Opera mobile. So I doubt it's your phone.
Hmm… I will have to say that you are totally off-target. Based on an experience on a touchscreen phone, you are assuming that every other touchscreen based phone work the same which couldn't be wronger.

Contrary to desktop OS, mobile OS are more limited in functionality ( due to limited resources ), and iOS ( iPhone's OS ), doesn't have a visible file system. Unless jailbreaked, you can't access files stored on the phone unless it belongs to a library or an app. Of course, as an iPhone owner myself, I'm surprised they haven't allowed file upload for the photo library yet, though it's Apple so I shouldn't be surprised. Thinking about it, an iPhone app for E-shuushuu… well, I'm too busy to try myself again at developing on iPhone.
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

I don't know. But I'm going with the simple "If worked with worse, works better with better." ^^' I don't take interest in mobile stuff. On the other hand thanks for the info.