Computer help -Japanese filenames and other stuff

Other misc discussion
Julia

Computer help -Japanese filenames and other stuff

Post by Julia »

Just got new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. I moved all my music to it, and right when I did, the Japanese titles of songs showed up in the iTunes, but now they aren't. They and all other files with Japanese characters show up as boxes. My browsers are showing Japanese text fine though. How to fix the boxes? Do I have to put "Non-unicode programs use Japanese encoding"?

Also is there a way to make the screen not turn darker when I unplug the charger? I looked through the display options and didn't find it.

edit: also some pictures are showing up like this (instead of this) in Windows Photo Viewer. wtf.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Yatchen

Re: Computer help -Japanese filenames and other stuff

Post by Yatchen »

Re: Power dimming: http://puu.sh/LAj1
I have had that issue with windows photo viewer too. It's annoying. :V
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

About your files, how do they appear in the Windows Explorer? Boxy or fine? Also, try another software like foobar2000 and look at the id3 tag. Boxy or fine? ( even though I'm asking this I'm not sure I can help since I didn't have such issue when switching to new computer, but I'm not using iTune. )
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

Well, this is weird. After downloading some automatic update and restarting, all the Japanese text is now fine, in both iTunes and Windows Explorer. (except when I go to edit song info)
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
hinikuya

Post by hinikuya »

Supposedly, running sfc /scannow will aid you in your Windows Photo Viewer woes.

Your tags are a more curious dilemma. I would echo the recommendation of seeing how other programs read those tags.
I believe I had a somewhat similar situation quite some time ago, and the end result was having to set foobar2000 to only write ID3v2 tags, as ID3v1 does not support Unicode (which iTunes requires).
時間は余るものではなく作るもの