Shuu Facebook Page Material

Anything shuushuu related that doesn't fit into the other forums :)
Ran

Shuu Facebook Page Material

Post by Ran »

I've been hosting a Shuu Facebook Page for a while now and have mostly just been posting images here and there that I thought might bring in some interest. We're about to hit 200 likes (big number, I know. :lol: ) and wanted to pick up some more involved material for the page.

I've taken information from the 2010 and 2011 Shuugeist and posted the Top 5 results, but the 2012 Shuugeist isn't up and I'm not sure it will be.

The Android App will make for good news once it's finished.

My big idea was to take a list of favorite artists and/or images from our mods, admin, and tagging team members to share where everyone's interests are. Anyone want to participate?

EDIT: Topic relocated to General forums!
Yatchen

Re: Shuu Facebook Page Material

Post by Yatchen »

I don't see why not. =)
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

Considering I keep all my profiles, empty, why not xD
Merun @ Twitter
Ran

Post by Ran »

Well, let's get started then. Who are some of your favorite artists and why? Any particular pictures you really, REALLY like? Let me know and I'll share it with our fans. :)
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

My favorite artist is VOFAN. I love his ideas and his coloring, and without him I don't know if I ever would have picked up a pencil and started trying to draw seriously.

Can't say I have a favorite piece to point out though. I do run paperdream.net though...which I just noticed isn't working.
私は悪魔です。
Julia

Post by Julia »

I effing love Kabiinyo. His/her style is so cute!
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Ran

Post by Ran »

Made a status for Yatchen! Julia, you'll be up in a few days. :wink:

Feel free to give some details, a personal quote, or anything like that. The more info on your choice and why, the better!

Favorite Artist Example
"I have a lot of favorite artists but, if I had to pick one for the top spot, I'd say Kawata Hisashi. The simple styling and smooth pastel colors are just awesome. I also like how he can make a character either cute or sexy, depending on who it is. Sometimes they can even be both! You can't really argue with that. He's also done a lot of official work for games like To Heart 2, so that's a big plus!"

Favorite Image Example
"This image of Kashiwazaki Sena by Cait is one of my favorite images ever. To start with, it's one of my current favorite characters and you just HAVE to start there. Then you have the lovely eyes and smooth colors all around. The clothing, skin, water texture, and even the background are amazing. It's really just one perfect picture in my opinion."

Those are just some examples that I'm putting up for the sake of being a loud-mouth. Now gimme some submissions! :lol:
Merun

Post by Merun »

If you want details, I have a draft of 670 words yet to be finished ( I started writing yesterday at 1am ^^; ). In fact, I'm hesitating to make something that long or even longer <.<
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

I guess you can expand mine to say "I effing love Kabiinyo. His/her style is so cute! And I get to practice my Japanese language skills reading their comics, which are quirky and sometimes a tad ecchi :)"
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
yuna

Post by yuna »

"I have many favorite artists, but the two that have really motivated me to start collecting artbooks as a hobby are Koge Donbo and Shiitake."
Ran

Post by Ran »

Merun wrote:If you want details, I have a draft of 670 words yet to be finished ( I started writing yesterday at 1am ^^; ). In fact, I'm hesitating to make something that long or even longer <.<
Yeah...that's a little much. Maybe slim it up just a bit? A paragraph is okay, but I'd rather not post a short essay. :lol:
Julia wrote:I guess you can expand mine to say "I effing love Kabiinyo. His/her style is so cute! And I get to practice my Japanese language skills reading their comics, which are quirky and sometimes a tad ecchi :)"
That works! :D
yuna wrote:"I have many favorite artists, but the two that have really motivated me to start collecting artbooks as a hobby are Koge Donbo and Shiitake."
Hurrah! I shall add you to the lineup! :)
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

Oh gosh, this is a hard one. I have many favorite artists...I will narrow it down to three~

My first favorite artist is Kashiwamochi Yomogi. I absolutely love his art work, especially of Arima Senne. I just wish he didn't draw so much "NSFW" pics. XD; My second favorite artist would probably be Toyoda Izumi. Her watercolored pictures are absolutely gorgeous. My third favorite artist is Amamiya Kabosu. Her artwork is always so shiny and cute. :3

Other favorite artists are Takeda Mika, PEACH-PIT, Ruka Hijiri, and Carnelian. <3

There's no way I could point out any of my most favorite images. I have way, way too many. XD
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia »

This is really hard for me to remember all of my favourite artists. There are too many of them ^^

If I need to point some of my favourites, I can think about six names. First of it goes Miiina. Sadly, many of her works contain gore, so they cannot be submitted on E-ShuuShuu, but still they are absolutely gorgeous. Dark, quite disturbing, yet beautiful. Next would be Arisaka Ako. Since I saw PV for Crimson Camellia with her works, I fell in love. My other favourite is also Toryufu, because of "softness" of her works. Yes, this is actually what I think whenever I see them. Clear and soft.
I really appreciate Shikisa, Suzunosuke and Yeruen pictures (great colors, beautifully drawn characters).

My favourite image (in this week, at least :3) would be this. I love night images, that contains water. The girl is long-haired brunette and wears dress (I prefer dresses/skirts over pants). And last, but surely not least, the artstyle is simply amazing.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Ok, I will try to keep this short. I retraced a bit of my beginning in 2004.

In 2004, when there was no Pixiv, I discovered my first 3 artist, Akira Hayase, Carnelian and Tinkle. I pretty much searched the heck of them all. Akira Hayase only has her hart on her website, Carnelian, with my 14 years old search skill gave me semi precious gemstone, and Tinkle, well, I did found some stuff and became my first favorite artist, and remained as such, even now.

If there is an artwork in particular I would pick, it's the first one I saw by Tinkle. I remember that it was in a pack of wallpaper. At that time, wallpapers were mostly characters pasted on some background. That one stood out since it was coherent:

http://e-shuushuu.net/image/4451/

I didn't use it as a wallpaper but I noticed that I often stopped on this image when browsing that pack, and hopefully, there was the title of the eroge, so I could search. Of course, my nickname is also due to Tinkle :p I still like a lot Merun's design. Long let down hair + ribbon combo, best of both world, pretty dress, thigh highs and cute shoes are icing on the cake :3 It's thanks to them that I like a lot long brown hair with green/brown eyes. Hopefully, Tinkle has been poking at everything I liked in the last 8 years.

Another artist I like a lot is tearfish. It would go as far as sending an e-mail to her. Artstyle is sharp contrast with Tinkle. When one is overkilling with details and sharpness, the other has a certain simplicity, roughness and has a color palette closer to old Tinkle with soft color with hints of vibrancy. She is the reason why I like long white hair + blue eyes. ^^;

Other than these 2, I think that my taste change a lot over time.
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

I also like Mattaku Mosuke's works. She has a very soft and round style which is lovely, and she does wonderful things with hair, like this or this. Her art is a nice mix of originals and copyrights. And the smiley face mug in this one never fails to make me smile!