How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Other misc discussion
Fhant

Re: How is Your Day Going? Wrath of the Smecchi's

Post by Fhant »

It's like every time I want to write here, fate gives me a good reason to do so.

Let's start with the past, Since November I had a job where I have to commute from my home town to another town. A two hour trip on one way. All in all 4 hours in a train and bus.
So I don't mind because I had no job before that and I happily accepted pretty much anything in my skill field.

Until yesterday. I didn't mind having little to no time for myself, it was for a few months. But like I said, until yesterday. Budget cutbacks. They had to fire someone. Hi. Someone. I'm pretty much torn between going out in a fit of rage or just going to be lethargic and not show up at all.

But I have no work next month... so yeah....
[Signature space. $10]
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Wow, that's really shitty :/
I'm sorry you lost your job, esp seeing as it was something you enjoyed.
You're in your full right to rage or to hide away, if you feel like it. I don't think anybody would judge you for that.
My only suggestion is that if you do go into lethargic mode, don't stay there for too long... start looking for the next job as soon as possible. I don't know how the job market is over there, but here it's kinda hard. And even if it isn't a problem to get a new job, it's never bad to start off early + it will keep your mind off other things.
I mean, lethargy can only do you good for a tiny bit.. at some point it becomes dangerously comfortable and that is not okay.
I know things don't look great right now, but you never know how many better opportunities this has unlocked for you, so just stay strong and positive and go get the next, much cooler and less tiring job ; v ;
*snuggles*
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

Fhant wrote:It's like every time I want to write here, fate gives me a good reason to do so.

Let's start with the past, Since November I had a job where I have to commute from my home town to another town. A two hour trip on one way. All in all 4 hours in a train and bus.
So I don't mind because I had no job before that and I happily accepted pretty much anything in my skill field.

Until yesterday. I didn't mind having little to no time for myself, it was for a few months. But like I said, until yesterday. Budget cutbacks. They had to fire someone. Hi. Someone. I'm pretty much torn between going out in a fit of rage or just going to be lethargic and not show up at all.

But I have no work next month... so yeah....
@Fhant: I would suggest trying out https://www.elance.com Fhant. Though if you will take on IT jobs, you will have a lot of competition from Indian freelancers as the place is just filled with them. You could try taking advantage of your english skills with translation jobs. Also, just because this is an online thing doesn't mean its easy. You will really have to work on your proposal and blast out proposals to multiple clients everyday to earn money.

Aizawa: I am not familiar with the laws in your area, or your circumstances Aizawa. But, you should check if
- The driver at fault has insurance
- how much coverage does that driver have
In general, the people who don't have insurance on their cars probably won't have money to pay you even if you sue them. Also insurance companies have very strict deadlines for uninsured/underinsured claims, so you have to act fast. Also the other party might just go with an out of court settlement (like they would agree to repair your car, or pay you 3k instead of going to court.) That would be ok, but just make sure they don't screw you over by...say sending your car to a repair shop of their choice for example (which might be to their advantage because of lower rates for them, etc). Just be careful with the terms of the settlement. If neither of you can agree on a settlement and still dont want to go to court.... you can try having both of you submit to a binding arbitration. Just be aware that in arbitration, the decision cannot usually be appealed if you think the verdict was unfair to you. You are stuck with the arbitration panel's decision.
So.... talk to your insurance company (because no one else will), and monitor their progress at the very least. There should be someone knowledgeable there that you can informally talk to, or at least maybe you have relatives or acquaintances who are more familiar with these things, try and talk to them.
Merun

Post by Merun »

demon_turtle1028 wrote:I'm sorry, Aizawa, but I have no idea what you should do :(

@ Merun. It sucks about your leg but it sounds like you turned it into a positive thing so maybe it sucked, but then it actually turned into a good thing. I hope you are more successful in your writing endeavors, but your writing seems to be good already.
I would rather not have had an accident. I still can't crouch and I easily get tired from walking now, or a hard time to do some movement. Some pain from time to time as well...
Merun @ Twitter
demon_turtle1028

Post by demon_turtle1028 »

Yeah, the accident sucks, its not a good thing it happened, I was trying to point out something positive that happened :) I really hope you get better soon.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya
Deia

Post by Deia »

Megu-San, get well soon...~

I'm watching my friend dancing... she's kinda funny :lol:

My day is going pretty normally, by the way...
Imperfections are the perfections of every human being~
Merun

Post by Merun »

demon_turtle1028 wrote:Yeah, the accident sucks, its not a good thing it happened, I was trying to point out something positive that happened :) I really hope you get better soon.
Well, hopefully I did manage to make a few positive things because if not, damn I would have been in quite a depressive state. I'm slowly getting better too.
Merun @ Twitter
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

Well... just bought clip studio pro for no good reason.... I guess I should actually invest in a tablet.
Anyone else use this? And hwo do you find it compared to photoshop/opencanvas?
Merun

Post by Merun »

Evangeline Mcdowell wrote:Well... just bought clip studio pro for no good reason.... I guess I should actually invest in a tablet.
Anyone else use this? And hwo do you find it compared to photoshop/opencanvas?
Bought it as well because there was a price cut a few month ago. I haven't installed it yet lol. In fact I bought it as my goal is to finally get a Windows 8.1 tablet this year. But I could still try it on my Wacom. I remember trying also Illustudio which is like the predecessor to Clip. It's quite feature packed, like vector support, drawing aids for perspective, 3D layers, and the brush engine is good, but SAI is sightly smoother on that aspect IMO. It may have changed now. It's a lot better for painting than Photoshop as well.
Merun @ Twitter
yong

Post by yong »

Bought it as well, only 2 hours left http://www.clipstudio.net/en/purchase
Hurry up before the time runs out! xD
Sara

Post by Sara »

I thought a lot of times about saying this, but was afraid of being ignored and..never mind. I'm actually fine if no one replies, I just want to let it out and feel myself relieved. I hope that's okay.
Some kind people on Shuu already know about this. I'm not sure do I expect advices. Or even replies. I just want to let it all out. I felt like this for so long, and I can't take it anymore.
I feel horrible, to simply put. I'm depressed. I even went to psychologist. Talked to friends, both online and irl. Spent time with my family. Then twins...I even have a boyfriend now. But still, something is just not working.
I really, really tried to feel better. I wore a happy mask, both offline and online. I was good at hiding it. I always seemed happy. I had few breaking downs, but that passed fast and sometimes even unnoticeable.
I'm trying my best to feel something positive. I'm always numb. When I talk, I feel nothing. I feel empty. Even on my birthday. I felt like there is a hole inside me. And there aren't positive feelings to fill me. I also thought Shuu feels different. I feel like there is a big distance between me and other users. I started to look really careful at what I'm going to write. I was afraid that someone would notice I'm unhappy. But in same time I thought nobody will care. I'm running in circles, abd there is no way out. I thought about doing something I don't even want to talk about. I thought about leaving Shuu because I thought it's Shuu what makes me feel like this. But it's not. It's just me.
I don't even know why I wrote something that doesn't make sense. I don't hate anybody. I just don't feel. I'm stupid for even mentioning this. I should go back with my "happy-go-lucky" mask again and never be a bother with my real problems.
I'm sorry.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Sara wrote:I thought a lot of times about saying this, but was afraid of being ignored and..never mind. I'm actually fine if no one replies, I just want to let it out and feel myself relieved. I hope that's okay.
Some kind people on Shuu already know about this. I'm not sure do I expect advices. Or even replies. I just want to let it all out. I felt like this for so long, and I can't take it anymore.
I feel horrible, to simply put. I'm depressed. I even went to psychologist. Talked to friends, both online and irl. Spent time with my family. Then twins...I even have a boyfriend now. But still, something is just not working.
I really, really tried to feel better. I wore a happy mask, both offline and online. I was good at hiding it. I always seemed happy. I had few breaking downs, but that passed fast and sometimes even unnoticeable.
I'm trying my best to feel something positive. I'm always numb. When I talk, I feel nothing. I feel empty. Even on my birthday. I felt like there is a hole inside me. And there aren't positive feelings to fill me. I also thought Shuu feels different. I feel like there is a big distance between me and other users. I started to look really careful at what I'm going to write. I was afraid that someone would notice I'm unhappy. But in same time I thought nobody will care. I'm running in circles, abd there is no way out. I thought about doing something I don't even want to talk about. I thought about leaving Shuu because I thought it's Shuu what makes me feel like this. But it's not. It's just me.
I don't even know why I wrote something that doesn't make sense. I don't hate anybody. I just don't feel. I'm stupid for even mentioning this. I should go back with my "happy-go-lucky" mask again and never be a bother with my real problems.
I'm sorry.
I kind of understand what you mean because I think I'm also from the same vein. Now I may be totally mistaken about you, because even after reading, I'm not sure at your "hole in life" is, and in fact, it seems like you don't know what it's.
So I will just tell a bit about myself.

Yes I seems happy, and friendly and all, but I know that I'm just keeping everyone at arms length. It's tough and I have felt depressed from time to time as well due to this. I have very few friends. I barely kept any contact with people on Shuu or friends from my university years. In fact I have decided to just move on in some cases. Relationships? I never had a real one.

The best medicine I came up with at the moment is writing, because I put part of me in stories, and allows me to search for that one thing I'm looking for. I don't write for anyone else, but myself. Though the hardest for me at the moment is to actually put some part for someone else to read. It can be extremely hard to open to someone else, because it's like I'm showing my weaknesses, the part I don't like about myself, the little inner corner you don't want someone else to see. Those parts are the hardest to confide and not something you share with anyone easily. Whether I succeed this is left to be seen.

I hope I was of help.
Merun @ Twitter
yuna

Post by yuna »

Hey everyone, so I feel like I need to explain myself. I was a pretty active user for a while and I just left without saying anything. So I just want you guys to know I'm doing just fine. I moved out of my dad's house, and I am living with my little sister now. We rent a townhouse, and it's been a little tough getting used to the funds I have to get each month. Things are bumpy right now but I know things will settle down soon. Thank you to everyone here on E-shuushuu for making me smile. This is the place where I go to relax, and I feel comfort in knowing that people remember me no matter how long I am gone. I hope I will be a regular user again soon and not just a lurker Lol. Thanks again love you!!!
Merun

Post by Merun »

yuna wrote:Hey everyone, so I feel like I need to explain myself. I was a pretty active user for a while and I just left without saying anything. So I just want you guys to know I'm doing just fine. I moved out of my dad's house, and I am living with my little sister now. We rent a townhouse, and it's been a little tough getting used to the funds I have to get each month. Things are bumpy right now but I know things will settle down soon. Thank you to everyone here on E-shuushuu for making me smile. This is the place where I go to relax, and I feel comfort in knowing that people remember me no matter how long I am gone. I hope I will be a regular user again soon and not just a lurker Lol. Thanks again love you!!!
I'm glad to hear you are doing fine. Good luck with your new home! It's true that Shuu is a great place and even I come back from time to time :).

Now since I'm posting here, I suppose I can share a bit of my life. If you read my previous post, you should know that I have been pretty unhappy for some time ( a few years ). Well, things are changing a bit. A few things happened in my life. Most people would find it sad, but it gave me new perspective, allowing me to change. As a result, I wrote a little something a few month ago, and I'm fine with sharing it with the folk on shuu

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x01gwsspdl60v ... n.pdf?dl=0
Merun @ Twitter
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

You have a very brilliant way with words and I love the flow of your writing. Keep at it, you are very gifted in the writing department. There was a lot of emotion in this. I really love the symbolism of the garden. I'm so happy you shared this with us. I'm so sorry for the hardships you had to encounter, but I sincerely hope things continue to get better.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?