Last updated: August 28th 2012
Artists registered: 23804
Pixiv Fetcher is a Greasemonkey script written by Merun which will add romanized name to Pixiv pages. This includes member pages and image pages.
How does it work?
- Script retrieves the artist id from the page.
- Script send a request to my database server ( Not E-shuushuu )
- Script puts the name below the avatar if the id is in the database
The database used relies on the wiki. However it's not updated in real time as some manual processing is required. Please note that the wiki doesn't reflect necessarily the artist tags of E-shuushuu.
Also, the name on E-shuushuu are not necessarily the display name on Pixiv which can change at all time. Instead, we use, if possible, a stable name, like real name from the artist website, etc.
0.1.1 - 8 May 2011
- Fixed a bug which broke the "add to favorites" button of Pixiv
0.1 - 7 May 2011
- Initial release
Installation / Update
Warning, it's no longer available for download until new version get out.
To update the script, just download it again.
The script was tested and should work on Firefox 11, Chrome and Safari. For support, PM Merun or post on the forum.
- Improve the conversion process as some articles with special characters are ignored ( no impact for end user )
- Adding artist directly from Pixiv
- User Access Control
- Back office
The following features are still being considered
- Link to wiki/tag?
- Add name to favorite list?
- Reverse linking to Pixiv?
- Track script usage by script unique id. No log, just number of request per day per script?
- Some article on the wiki also include the E-shuushuu tag in the "name" field.
- Some article might not be extracted from the wiki.