Yogurting - General Help

Console, PC, MMO games
gourry_gabriev610

Post by gourry_gabriev610 »

Smithy wrote:I guess I'll just move all those doggie bones I collected to my locker. :P
We have lockers??? :oops: where are those at?
amfest

Post by amfest »

Lockers are located in the auction room at Yoi . .. you can't miss em in there. very limited space though . if you want more blocks you have to pay with shop points which requires real cash unless someone gives you shop points as a gift or an event gives free shop points. There are only 5 slots and consiering you can't get rid of your starter clothes ..that's 4 slots already filled up there >_<
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

The lockers are in the same room as the auction room, opposite the auction penguin NPC's and the lunch tables. :)
amfest

Post by amfest »

Smithy wrote:
amfest wrote:Yea having to go through the trash can and drop out things you dont' need or what not is a bummer
What there's like a trash can in there? I never paid any attention to that...

I guess I'll just move all those doggie bones I collected to my locker. :P
At the end of each epsisode when it shows your results . .there is a trash can where your quest items would appear towards the bottom near the INV . .that's t he only trash I've seen in yogurting but you can either drop stuff that you just got from an episode or drop stuff from your INV to trash it .. although as typical you can't trash your starter clothes :( dern it . lol . .I really want to get rid of those things . .lol.

EDIT: for Rocky and any others

Okay when surfing websites in other languages there is something you can do to help navigate around. It doesn't always work but in most cases it can give you a clue as to where you are going. It's your web browsers status bar that will help you. Status bar? you ask. In most cases your status bar will be there by default. It's the bar at the bottom of your browser under the page you see. It gives info like loading and such . .right now at this moment it might say only Done. The thing about the status bar is when ever you hold your mouse over a link . .the URL link will appear in the status bar. and guess what . .it isn't in japanese characters typically unless they added some code. There are some exceptions but go on a try it . .hod your mouse over the PM this post and you'll see a URL and in it you'll see privmsg or something like that . .which of course refers to private messaging. Hold it over profile and you'll see profile in the URL . .it's the same for navigating Japanese sites. You see info in the URL and you know it's info about something . .see download you know you can download things there :P. Anyhow . . holding the mouse over the gungho menu

• 1. Pay History
    2. Payment Select
    3. Attraction ID password Change
    4. Delete Yogurting Account
of course needless to say DO NOT use 4 if you don't intend to delete it ..lol. I've also read that you can make an alt account for yogurting by just picking the yogurting picture again at the bottom and making a new attraction ID . .that you don't need to get another gungho account. Although I haven't confirmed this myself. >_>

Also watanuki can you please do a small explanation of buying credits for shop points in yogurting. I tried the payment select but it had some stuff I couldn't mouse over and I have no idea what this options are for payment

クレジットカードã€
Watanuki

Post by Watanuki »

katakana is credit card, which is the one i used. next steps are payment packages (smallest being 1000 yen for 10,000 shop points), as well as card number/expiration.

shop points never expire, but the stuff you buy most often has a timer associated with it. For example, the chinese dress my character wears will automagically disappear after 30 days. club banners, stat boosters, locker space, and other products all tend to have this timer. I think the only item that doesn't disappear are the star upgrade books and club banner coloring kits. >_>

if you're buying shop points just for one outfit, the smallest package will last you 3 months...however outfit(s) + club banner and anything extra will probably lead to a regular monthly payment.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Linux exam which i didn't study for. X(
test

Post by test »

how do you sit, or make expressions.??
gourry_gabriev610

Post by gourry_gabriev610 »

Anonymous wrote:how do you sit, or make expressions.??
well insert is to sit. : ) with no space is a happy face. =_= is a distgruntled face. /happy makes you dance. and that is all I know.
amfest

Post by amfest »

for expressions and actions check the japanese site for yogurting here

http://www.yogurting.jp/guide/system/index.html

scroll down just a little and you'll see them. Although a few expressions can't be accomplished without being able to input japanese.
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

Hey guys, i wanted to try those facial expressions but would need to enter japanese text. When I login into Yogurting, why does it convert back to English even though I have Jpn IME unicode text on in the Windows desktop Icon Tray?
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
Watanuki

Post by Watanuki »

restore the language bar before you go full screen into Yogurting. you will see the bar even if you alt tab, and can choose your language input settings at any time.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I'm going to go ahead and ask a n00btard question. Is there any scheduled English release for this game? I figured that with the popularity of RO, Maplestory, and other similar games that this one would be soon to follow given it's attractive appeal.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

No idea really...
Though it would be cool to get an English version... I would finally understand what's said onscreen and have a vague clue of what I'm doing. :P
Biba

Post by Biba »

Even if they do bring out an English version, there's a big chance they won't keep it for free. And if they do, I think I'll still stay on the Japanese server, I don't want to start all over, and the English servers will get crowded enough already, because everyone will want to play it in English.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Biba wrote:Even if they do bring out an English version, there's a big chance they won't keep it for free. And if they do, I think I'll still stay on the Japanese server, I don't want to start all over, and the English servers will get crowded enough already, because everyone will want to play it in English.
Even still, you could do the same things as with RO and make your own private server.
Watanuki

Post by Watanuki »

Actually, it would be highly unlikely that an english server would be pay to play only. If this was implemented, the concept behind the Shop Points system would be useless. Not only do you charge a monthly fee, but also charge for extra benefits? I sure as hell would quit. The selling point of Yogurting is that casual players who only log on once or twice a week can still enjoy the game without worrying about getting their money's worth, while the truly addicted can dish out shop points like a group of teenage girls at an outlet mall.

Flyff (another cute MMORPG that I just started...10 hours ago) has an english client, and is also utilizing the "pay for benefits" shop system. They're already experiencing latency issues, but they're looking to add another server in June. This is MUCH better than international Ragnarok Online, who has only had 2 main servers and a test server for as long as they've been open. another interesting method of reducing overload in Flyff is having a mirrored "universe" for each realm. you make one character for a realm, but can choose between several parallel universes; communication between your friends is maintained through chat, but you can't party with them if they're on the wrong universe.

Regarding private servers such as ragnarok online, they are usually made for games that require a monthly subscription. you can either steal direct server code (such as the Aegis server, which is illegal) or reverse engineer through packet intercepting and lots of programming (eAthena server). either option will need lots of updates to stay current with the original program (Yogurting gets updated quite a bit) so the chance of an emulated server showing up for a game that is already free to play is slim.