Yogurting - General Help

Console, PC, MMO games
amfest

Post by amfest »

Watanuki wrote:nother interesting method of reducing overload in Flyff is having a mirrored "universe" for each realm. you make one character for a realm, but can choose between several parallel universes; communication between your friends is maintained through chat, but you can't party with them if they're on the wrong universe.
*coiugh*runescape*cough*

Noooo don't stay Flyff!! . .I was hoping we all could start together when we've exhausted yogurting out .. by getting to the high level areas >_>

On another note ..if I knew how i'd love to try and create a emulated yogurting server but adjusted. Like creatures spawning in the regular grounds area on occassions . . New areas . . take that school trip to mt. fuji :P how about the beach for summer vacation . . XD . . . Lets not forget a special system to be able to try and create new clothes . .. a fashion show ..and photoshots . . and new pvp games like yogurting chess and Yogurting Dance Attack :P

err n/m >_>
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

amfest wrote:how about the beach for summer vacation . . XD . . . Lets not forget a special system to be able to try and create new clothes . .. a fashion show
I partake! Natsu! Umi! New clothes, yay!
nasrul-ds3

Post by nasrul-ds3 »

the error that I get when registering:-

can anyone help?
More at http://nasrul-ds3.deviantart.com/, the storage of cute anime girls obsessor. :P
Biba

Post by Biba »

I think you can't use numbers in your nickname and you have to use letters and numbers in your password. The first one is nickname, the one you have to write twice password.
Watanuki

Post by Watanuki »

It's possible to have an alphanumberic GungHo ID. my account even has upper and lower case.

my guess would be that the account is already taken. "abc123" is too easy to guess as a name or password, which is what someone must have chosen.
EvaXephon

Post by EvaXephon »

Hello, I just started playing Yogurting today, and so far I've pretty much been having fun, but some things are starting to worry me.

My biggest concern is that all levels I've played thus far have been almost the same - "Kill 150 or so little monsters, sometimes with a time limit". Are all of the levels like this? I was looking forward to more intuitive gameplay, perhaps puzzles or dungeons or a small amount of medium-strength enemies instead of an excessive amount of weak ones. I've only fought one boss. Do I have much to look forward to, or is the game going to be nothing but tiny monsters?

I'm level 5, and I've played each level available to me quite a few times at this point, but I've gained absolutely no money at all. I've found a few weapons, but no armor, and not having much in the way of upgraded equipment makes me feel weak. Will future episodes yield money and armor, or have I already experienced par for the course?

It took me weeks to explore every map on Ragnarok Online, but I think I've explored every area in Yogurting after just a few hours. The game seems pretty small. Am I going to gain access to more areas as I move up in years, or am I confined to the area I'm in?

Can I go visit the other school? Can I do its episodes? Would I need to 'transfer' or something like that? Would it cost money? Would it make me lose my current progress in my other school?

If I die midway through an episode, do I lose all exp and items I earned during it?

My friend also plays the game, but we're having problems entering episodes together. We never start out in the same classroom together, and don't know how to transfer to other classrooms to join up. We've managed to do it a few times, but only after randomly hitting buttons enough times. And secondly, we don't know how to enter an episode together. I've done some episodes with other people, but only unintentionally. How do you team up with someone?

Is there a way to disable the swear filter? It keeps on blocking words like "grass" and "class" because those words have "ass" in them, and I can't say things such as "It's hit" because that game views that as "It' ****". It's annoying, can I disable that?

This seems like a really nice community. What server/schools are you guys on? It'd be a shame if I didn't choose the one you guys did.

I know I've done nothing but complain in this post, but I'm not trying to mock the game or anything - I do like it and I am having fun with it, I'm just starting to get a little worried about a few things.

I appriciate any help that you can give me very much! ^ ^
Watanuki

Post by Watanuki »

EvaXephon wrote:Hello, I just started playing Yogurting today, and so far I've pretty much been having fun, but some things are starting to worry me.

My biggest concern is that all levels I've played thus far have been almost the same - "Kill 150 or so little monsters, sometimes with a time limit". Are all of the levels like this? I was looking forward to more intuitive gameplay, perhaps puzzles or dungeons or a small amount of medium-strength enemies instead of an excessive amount of weak ones. I've only fought one boss. Do I have much to look forward to, or is the game going to be nothing but tiny monsters?

I'm level 5, and I've played each level available to me quite a few times at this point, but I've gained absolutely no money at all. I've found a few weapons, but no armor, and not having much in the way of upgraded equipment makes me feel weak. Will future episodes yield money and armor, or have I already experienced par for the course?

It took me weeks to explore every map on Ragnarok Online, but I think I've explored every area in Yogurting after just a few hours. The game seems pretty small. Am I going to gain access to more areas as I move up in years, or am I confined to the area I'm in?

Can I go visit the other school? Can I do its episodes? Would I need to 'transfer' or something like that? Would it cost money? Would it make me lose my current progress in my other school?

If I die midway through an episode, do I lose all exp and items I earned during it?

My friend also plays the game, but we're having problems entering episodes together. We never start out in the same classroom together, and don't know how to transfer to other classrooms to join up. We've managed to do it a few times, but only after randomly hitting buttons enough times. And secondly, we don't know how to enter an episode together. I've done some episodes with other people, but only unintentionally. How do you team up with someone?

Is there a way to disable the swear filter? It keeps on blocking words like "grass" and "class" because those words have "ass" in them, and I can't say things such as "It's hit" because that game views that as "It' ****". It's annoying, can I disable that?

This seems like a really nice community. What server/schools are you guys on? It'd be a shame if I didn't choose the one you guys did.

I know I've done nothing but complain in this post, but I'm not trying to mock the game or anything - I do like it and I am having fun with it, I'm just starting to get a little worried about a few things.

I appriciate any help that you can give me very much! ^ ^
Hi. Welcome to the forums/Yogurting.

By completing the newest episode, you unlock harder quests. The difficulty of the monsters depends what episode you're playing. At the episode selection screen, arrows pointing up on active rooms means they will be challenging for your level, whereas arrows pointing down mean you won't get much experience. There are a few puzzles, but they're mostly straightforward and won't require much thought.

Sell the armor, weapons, and upgrading materials to the penguin NPC. all sets of armor give the exact same defense, so armor is purely cosmetic. You can also try to sell through the auction. People tend to pay huge amounts for upgraded weapons or rare outfits

If you've explored every corner of the world in Yogurting, you won't be surprised as you progress through the grades...the episodes tend to use the maps around the school.

Yes, you can visit the other school. either by taking for bus for 150 taff, or walking through the sewers. You can participate in their episodes, but you can not do any quests that the NPCs usually give.

If you die midway through an episode, you lose all items you gained (unless you choose to continue by paying taff). Experience is only given if you complete the episode (if you complete it and fail, no experience given)

Umm...i never got around to making the "join episode" guide, did I? -.- sorry...

There is a way of disabling the filter through text_filter.dll, but this can get your account banned if detected.

The majority of us are on Harmonica server, Yoigetsu school.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Well if you're a very good player with extensive knowledge and experience with mmorpg's then Year 1 of Yogurting will indeed come off as rather easy. The difference in difficulty between the years and in later years between the levels and episodes is much more significant.
Enemies will get tougher, I guarantee it... in later episodes and years, they are a lot stronger, power gaps increase significantly and often you will need a party to help you survive and succeed.

Some episodes do have puzzles and some different goals but most are fairly straightforward.

As Watanuki said, while weapons do have different strength levels, can be upgraded and also have different attributes and specials depending on their class, the clothing in the game is purely cosmetic. One of the points of Yogurting is that everything looks cute, fun and enjoyable to the eye. It's not going to be about which type of armor can you best get but what outfit do I look the cutest in.

Most episodes don't yield money, while some quests (which you complete by playing a certain episodes, assembling items from it or getting a specific grade in it) do give money, your most significant source of income will no doubt be selling items you win to the Pengiun (NPC) or in auction to other players.

To join a specific room, go to the Year gate, click it, then browse through your available episodes, highlight one and it'll show you if any rooms are currently playing it. Then just click that room to enter it (if a little lock is displayed on the room it's a private room which you'll not be able to enter).
If you create your own room or go into an exisiting one you should be able to select your friend in your buddy list (top right when in the room) and invite him in by highlighting his/her name and then clicking the button bellow the list that lights up blue. (That friend has to be on your buddy list.) Else your friend will have to browse rooms until he/she finds you... when you look at a room from the episode selection menu, you can see who's currently in it.

The swear filter is a pain, I choose to live with it though it gets annoying...

We're on the Harmonica server (written like this in Japanese: ãƒ
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

EvaXephon wrote: I'm level 5, and I've played each level available to me quite a few times at this point, but I've gained absolutely no money at all. I've found a few weapons, but no armor, and not having much in the way of upgraded equipment makes me feel weak. Will future episodes yield money and armor, or have I already experienced par for the course?
What server/schools are you guys on? It'd be a shame if I didn't choose the one you guys did.
Hiya EvaXephon! Welcome to our YG forum! Hope to see you online!
...which leads me to answer your last question first: If you hadn't read some of the other threads/topics in this YG section first BEFORE you joined up, then you most likely have picked a different server &/or school; and not the Harmonica server, Yoitsuki school. Now, because one of the addictive elements of YG is to go doing episodes and doing pvp (Player vs Player games) with others, ESPECIALLY in order to level up faster and get better weapons/more items to upgrade your weapons/more rare clothing, I would highly recommend restarting your game (since you're only lvl 5), and join our server (yes, you'll start from lvl 0 again). Believe me though, it is soooo much more fun to play with others that you know, they can answer soooo many questions ON THE SPOT for you, to get the most out of this game.
Also, joining higher level friends like amfest or smithy in a VERY difficult episode will not only give you EXTREMELY high EXP points, but will speed up the time in completing the episode. I found myself Lvling up from 7 to 18 in just a couple of days just by doing the Boss episode several times (and when they are not around, join any of the other random strangers, using the Japanese phrases that I pointed out on this thread: viewtopic.php?t=148
Read the last post).
It does get repetitive if you're out there in the YG world alone EVERY time you logon. Cuz I'm still a lower level than the others, I always look forward to seeing my YG friends when I logon.

Now, about obtaining money, sell weapons/armor that you already have (unless you get a high level weapon, which YOU already have and use, then you should auction that item). Also, all the items that accumulate more and more, such as the bones, tentacles, etc (you probably have some that have accumulated to 100 or 400), Did you know that these are used to fuse into crayons by visiting the NPC Penguin inside the school, then after you purchase a Year 1 Upgrade book for 500taff, you can upgrade your weapon? You'll need 100 OF THE SAME ELEMENT (not necesarily of the same item) in order to make one crayon. One catch about upgrading, your success rate in upgrading to +3 (ie. 3 times) is 100%, to +4 is 80%, but upgrading to +5 is 50%, to +6 is 25%. And if you try upgrading and you fail, you will break your weapon, and LOSE it as well as the crayon and book that you had used (there is a special Star book that is sold with Star Points - need c/card, which will increase your chances of succeeding but it rare that it will randomly be picked up for free in a pvp game - or was that just a temporary promotion only, amfest?). However, I have played fine with a +4 weapon.

Finally, about dying in an episode. If you play alone and die, you will lose everything. HOWEVER, if you play with at least one other (and this is why playing with your friends is so great), and you continue the episode (by clicking the middle tab under the big "CONTINUE?" countdown), you will NOT lose EXP or items. As I have mentioned in a previous thread (the post link is the above), you should try your best to do episodes that are beyond your capability/level by playing with higher level players, in which you will die and respawn 5 to 10 times, thus, 'leeching' the EXP and items from completing the episode. I felt bad/guilty that I was just there to tag along to get EXP, but then again, everyone does the same.

Hope this is helpful... AND read all the other threads in this YG section for more helpful tips/advice. A few of your questions were already answered in another thread...
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
amfest

Post by amfest »

I could maybe say alot to fill in info and gaps . .but i'm sorta eating

XD!!!

but .. about the boss thing.. what you have most likely found is a mini boss which is just a giant version of one of the creatures . killing them can give you a special effect. There can be a mass explosion that acts like a smart bomb killing everything on the floor that is spawned . . you can get another explosion that halves the health of enemiees that are spawned on that floor. there are others like Crit., Full Gauge. Full Health, and the best of them all . .. FLEE!! now flee from what I know about it seems to be your evasion and such and how fast your health regenerates. Basically if you get Flee you become invincible for the rest of that floor. Now when I mean floor ..like if you have to go to another part like another floor of the school . .or go through a gate to get to another area then you lose effect.

Basically each episode is a class course where you are graded . . after you have gotten a B+ in all required courses you will graduate. Of course in order to do that for year 1 you'll need to be at least lvl 18 to attempt the boss exam and receive a B+ at that level you will need a group to help you. After that you can go talk to your school nurse pick the first line option and you'll graduate to next year where you can use the next set of weapons.

On weapons . . there are basically 3 levels you can use for each year. if you know the names that's fine but typically you'll hear them referred by year and what level it is. Like a sword 1-1 is the year 1 sword .. 1st version . .sword 1-2 is second version all the way to 1-3 . . there are also rare versions of each weapon . .that just have a different color . .as far as I know don't do anything special but look cool .. but people will go gaga over them and will buy them for a very very very insane amount of money. ^^

After you graduate a new episode gate will open up as long as you've completed all eps in your previous year. Like year 1 gate is located where you first spawn at school . .right outside the front door. Year 2 gate is located outside cementary . if you're y1 you'll see the gate but it won't have a NEW over it and be lit up.

the clothes talked about are cosmetic only . . the defense dont' get better .. unless you choose not to wear them. . there are some outfits that double as pants and shirt . .like a dress or swimsuit with a def 4 or y ou can wear a different shirt and pants that each have a 2 def . giveing you 4 anyway. I prefer the combined sn in is so I can have more itemsn in INV. Upgrading is a nice way to increase your weapons power . . but typically you want to get a better weapon like the 3rd version of sword, mura, glorbs, or spirit weapons. It's really up to you though. I'm not sure if there is a guide or reference on the forums yet here but you'll need to save your items gained .. you'll notice that each item has a different color at the bottom of their item desciption when you move a mouse over it. The color represents it's element. Red for Fire, Blue for water, Green for Wood, Yellow for Gold, and Purple for Earth. Each one has a different effect it can cause to an enemy if it happens. You'll need to collect 100 of the element you want to use . .then create an upgrade Crayon from the upgrade penguin NPC. then you buy a yearbook for your year weapon from the shop penguin NPC go back to the upgrade penguin choose 2nd option and put weapon, book, and crayon into their slots and click to start . . if successful you get a plus weapon. First 3 upgrades are always successful. plus 4 has an umm 80 percent chance of fail I believe. If you do FAIL! then you break the weapon and it's gone so be careful about that. I always recomment having a spare before you try any further. Max upgrade you can get is a +10 but trust me .. that is HARD . .lol. I don't see myself getting any of those >_>. You start to really push it for a +5 or +6.

ack! .. my food is cold!! . . see ya around!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

onomeister wrote:there is a special Star book that is sold with Star Points - need c/card, which will increase your chances of succeeding but it rare that it will randomly be picked up for free in a pvp game - or was that just a temporary promotion only, amfest?
Yes, the insured and special insured starbooks that dropped from PVP during the month of May were a special event. (Hence why boxes sold for lots of taff at that time and why lots of people now run around with +7 or more weapons.)

There's actually a new event now, a soccer world cup event. Playing episodes you'll win a random number of soccer balls which you can trade with NPC Anna for a soccer box, to get a box you'll need a soccer ball of each of these 4 elements: red (fire), blue (water), green (earth) and gold (metal)
These boxes can give you special event clothes.
(I might just get the balls to sell them and make taffy like a madman.)
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

OHHH that is sooo cool! smithy! I've gotta find some time to get back online to play me some more Yogurting... gack, have...very little time
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
EvaXephon

Post by EvaXephon »

Oh wow, thanks everyone for all the helpful responses!! ^_^ I really appriciate it!

I'm on the Harmonica server, but I chose the first school. v.v There are some cool guys here who can answer most of my questions (Anyone here ever visited the first school and met Ryugi? He's a cool guy). But one day I'd like to visit your school to see all of you :3
amfest

Post by amfest »

It technically doesn't matter all that much which school you do choose .. cause you can level at either one .. it's just that you'll have to pass the required courses at your school . .other side doesn't count ..also quests relate to your school . .. but that doesn't mean you won't do episodes at another school for a quest . .there are quests that require you to level at the other school or talk to an NPC over there. but that typically only opens up when you do epsides at the other school. Also you can only wear clothes from your school. There are different fashion statements at each one ^^. If you see a Seig, Gracie, Gerald, Aozora, or Peaseblossum . . those are some really cool people to meet. Of course there are others but those are ones that i know are online alot . ..lol. Of course along with the shuu shuu gang.
Aozora

Post by Aozora »

Ah~ I'm of Estiva school <3 Yay for more Estiva :D

It's not bad or anything to be of other school ^^ I actually like Estiva clothes more.

I'm not an actual "Shuu Shuu" mind you but may I ask your screename?

(Yay typos @_@)