Console game discussion: Harvest Moon!

Console, PC, MMO games
Haruko-chan

Console game discussion: Harvest Moon!

Post by Haruko-chan »

Made a thread for the discussion of any and all Harvest Moon games so we fanatics won't clog up the board~ :3
Now...let the discussion begin! XD
I'll owe everything to you.
How much pain has cracked your soul?
How much love will make you whole?

stats~
StG2Wg

Re: Console game discussion: Harvest Moon!

Post by StG2Wg »

Thanks for creating this thread! XD I was feeling kind of guilty posting so many comments about Harvest Moon. LOL I can't wait to talk about this video game series! XD I'm in serious need of Harvest Moon friends. ^^
Haruko-chan

Post by Haruko-chan »

Ehehe~ no problem~ :3 I've been wanting to make this topic for a while, but I couldn't find anyone else that liked Harvest Moon...
So~ To start discussion, hmm...how about, what games do people own? And what are your favorites?
As for me, I don't have much...I'm going to get more soon! I have A Wonderful Life, Tree of Tranquility, and Rune Factory 1 and 2. Tree of Tranquility is my overall favorite!

stats~
StG2Wg

Post by StG2Wg »

Ok, I have:
Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town
Harvest Moon More Friends of Mineral Town
Harvest Moon Magical Melodies
Harvest Moon DS
Harvest Moon DS Cute
Harvest Moon Island of Happiness
Harvest Moon Animal Parade
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life
Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life

And...I think that's it. XD My favorites would have to be Island of Happiness, DS Cute, and Animal Parade. ^^
Haruko-chan

Post by Haruko-chan »

Woww~! I'm impressed. :3 I'm planning on getting DS Cute and More Friends of Mineral Town soon...they're next on my list of things to buy! ^^

stats~
StG2Wg

Post by StG2Wg »

Thanks! ^^ I've played Save the Homeland and the special edition of A Wonderful Life, but I had a hard time seeing in the dark in Save the Homeland. lol It was awful, for some reason I would always end up at Dia's house and she would always yell at me! LOL It was a pretty bad experience. Lol I was really looking forward to play the special edition of A Wonderful Life because I really liked Lumina, but I hated how slow the game was compared to the Gamecube version. D: That really depressed me. Lol

Oh, that's awesome! I really enjoyed both of those games! ^^ I was about to say don't bother buying More Friends of Mineral Town because DS Cute was pretty much the same game for the DS, but I think you need to get it anyway because you can only get the Mineral Town bachelors that way. If I remember correctly XD if you don't mind me asking, what's Rune Factory like? I hear different things about it both good and bad, so I'm not really sure what it's like. ^^'
Haruko-chan

Post by Haruko-chan »

Oh, I like Rune Factory, it's pretty fun~ :3 It's a lot like Harvest Moon but there are dungeons- in the dungeons, you can find items and fight monsters and stuff. You can also grow crops there, in addition to your field. Also, instead of animals like cows and chickens, you raise monsters that you have to tame from dungeons. This isn't too hard to do, so it's nice you don't have to buy them. :) Basically it's Harvest Moon plus RPG-style adventure game. I like Rune Factory 2 a bit better than 1 because the dungeons in 2 aren't required to progress- they're like something you do on the side. Plus in RF2, there are two generations- you get to play as your kid once you advance a certain distance in the game! :D It's super fun! It's like you get two games in one, because when you play as your kid there are more challenges, and you can get married again (but you can't have a kid again). I like them both, though. It's just that RF1 takes a whole heck of a lot longer to complete. Everything is harder in that one...in RF2 it's not too bad.
So if you're thinking of trying one, I would say go with RF2. (that's actually the first one I got ^^U) It is a good game. Really fun~ :)

stats~
StG2Wg

Post by StG2Wg »

Oh wow! That sounds pretty cool! That is awesome how you get to play as your kid in Rune Factory 2! That's pretty awesome. XD I might get it because of that. lol Yeah, I think I was skeptical of this game at first because of the dungeons. ^^' My friend Angela has the first one, and she often complained about the dungeons. lol I might just go check out the price at my Gamestop and see if I can get it! Thanks for telling me about it!

Oh, and another thing (since I'm curious) what's your favorite Harvest Moon couple? (Besides Chase and Akari? :P) ^^
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

:o KYAAA!!! :DD

A discussion of Harvest Moon?! Oooh I love this! x3 Haruko-chan and StG2Wg-chan, we shall be the best of HM buddies!! :D I was just playing some HM earlier actually. :D Sunshine Islands. <3 It's strange, even though each HM has the same basic plot and such, the games never bore me really. I love seeing the new features in each game and also meeting the new characters.

So here is my question, what makes the HM games so appealing and addicting to you? For me it's the whole marriage concept. xD I love the dates, getting married, having a kid, etc. It's just too cute for words.

I have been an HM fan since...forever. xD I can't even remember how old I was when I first played my first one. I was probably about 12 and I'm 18 now.

My list includes:
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (for the playstation)
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Harvest Moon DS Cute
Harvest Moon DS: Sunshine Islands
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade

My favorite would have to be Animal Parade, I just love all the characters in that game. <3 Also I really like Back to Nature, my first HM. <3 I have been pondering whether or not I should buy Grand Bazaar, which just got released here in the States a couple of weeks ago. Although I have not ever played a Rune Factory game, like StG2Wg-chan, so I'm glad you put your opinion about the RF games Haruko! I have been thinking about buying myself one and I have been wanting a new game for my DS, so I just might head over to Gamestop and pick myself up a copy of RF 2. :3

Although, RF 3 is coming out in November...oh gosh, should I wait or go ahead and play RF 2? I really wish you could play as a girl though in the first part. XO Oh well, it's still HM. XD

Not to mention I'm super duper excited for Twin Villages for the DS...but that just got released in Japan and probably will not be released in the States for another year or so. *sigh* Natsume, why do you make me suffer like this, why?!

Sorry, I keep rambling on and on about this! XD I just love HM and I'm happy to express my love with other fans. :3

And to end my incredibly long reply, my favorite HM couples are Chase x Hikari and Pierre X Chelsea. ^__________^

~Meagan
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Haruko-chan

Post by Haruko-chan »

Ohh~! Yes yes, we shall be the best of HM buddies! :D I'm so glad there are more fans out there that I can talk to... :3
I think my favorite is the marriage part, too. I just love the characters in general- I think that's what makes these games special. :) Befriending them is fun, but dating/marrying them is even more fun~ XD That's definitely the most fun part. I can play these games for hours, just trying to get a character to like me. XD
For couples...Chase and Akari, obviously...that's my favorite! :3 But I also like Nami and Jack (from AWL) and Claire and Skye. <3
I can't wait for RF3 to come out~~~! But this one seems a little weird. :?: There are people that are part-monster and stuff...it seems odd! But then again, I haven't played it yet. I love RF2 to death, I highly recommend it~! The characters are really cute- I like the designs a lot. (from that game, if you choose to get it and are wondering, in the first generation I married Cecelia and in the second I married Orland X3 But Leonel is cute too~ But he's kinda a shota boy I think...XD)
I ordered DS Cute a couple days ago and it should be coming any day now! :3 I am so very excited~ Hmm, but I still have work to do before I can play it...but homework or HM...? It's such a tough decision... :P

stats~
Rikenta

Post by Rikenta »

Umm, I've know about HM for a while but just never got to play it ;w;U
It sounded interesting, so I download it for my flash card thing (illegal stuff is fun, yay xD)
I downloaded DS Cute .3. I've been too lazy to play, and also too busy >~~~<;; Stupid school.
But hopefully I'll have tons of fun, and get obsessed, which is very likely owo
And I'll have a shot at playing the other games aswell, for fun xD
demon lord ghirahim
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

Haha illegal stuff. ;D

DS Cute is a fun one! I think I liked it most because of Skye, one of the bachelors who is a thief. He's major yummy goodness. xD
I hope you do play it soon Rikenta-chan. :3 I think you will really enjoy it! Also since you seem to like RPGs, you should also check out HM Rune Factory! :3

Whenever you get the chance to play it, I want to hear how you like it! :D *hugs*
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.