Recommend me a [PC/NES/SNES] game~ ^^''

Console, PC, MMO games
RockRabbit

Recommend me a [PC/NES/SNES] game~ ^^''

Post by RockRabbit »

Okay, so.. Lately I have nothing new to play... I have been bashing my keyboard on Audition and Lineage for the past two weeks. And I want a game that actually.. well.. has a beginning and an end, lol. Because L2 and Audition are online games.. you know how those are.

Soo... Yeah.. I'd love if you could suggest something to keep myself occupied.
My fave types of games would be fighting games (though they get kinda boring after a while), horror(ish) aaand indie games.... and puzzles are nice, as long as they're not too hard. I'm not that good ;w;
By horror.. I mean something more subtle.. not monsters that jump out and eat my face,lol.
Iiiiii don't mind if the games are played online (like flash games, etc). I just want something to play ^^
Oh! What I dislike - RPG; O.o The only one I played 'till the end was "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars". It was cute and not really hard (at least not most of the time)
and shooting... I don't like shooting :c

So here's theee... mm.. (iunno how big) list of games I have played and liked/loved:
Yume Nikki / Yume 2kki / .flow (they're kinda.. well if you played them, you know!)
Ao Oni
The Path
White Day: A Labyrinth Named School (or at least i TRIED playing it ;A; ..poor laptop died)
American McGee's Alice
World of Goo
Max and the Magic Marker
Eversion
Glum Buster
Knytt Stories ( <333333333 my gf even made me a special level for it ;w; )
Vanguard Princess
Which
Machinarium
Harry Potter
Alice is Dead
speaking of Alice, all these games in here are flash games I like
i doubt you'll go through all that. it's understandable xD
Beacon
Ghost in the Sheet

from the flash games list; picking the most loved ones:
The Magesty of Colors
Loved
Coma
Air Pressure
Depict1
Free Ice Cream (this one... GAH ;A; )

I also wanted to play Penumbra, Amnesia aaaand American McGee's Grimm, but sadly those don't run on my computer ;n;
and I'm planning to play Clock Tower for the SNES soon; yay!

So.. yeah. I'd love me a good PC game to play, though i have snes & nes emulators and good games for those two are also welcome ^^
if anyone actually reads all this and gives me a suggestion, I'll love them forever and ever and ever and EVER :3
Thanksssssss! <3

• Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Merun

Re: Recommend me a [PC/NES/SNES] game~ ^^''

Post by Merun »

Indies game with platform/puzzle: Braid.
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Puzzle? ..... ok ..... how about Catherine?
Merun

Post by Merun »

Tensa wrote:Puzzle? ..... ok ..... how about Catherine?
That's a PS3/X360 game, so not really what she wants. Also US release is in summer.
Merun @ Twitter
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Better late than never.

If you enjoy games that allow you to explore the world at your own leisure then Aquaria is an excellent game. It has gorgeous 2D art, and some fantastic ambient music.
You might also want to give Within a Deep Forest a try. It's one of Nifflas' (creator of Knytt) best games.
Julia

Post by Julia »

By horror.. I mean something more subtle.. not monsters that jump out and eat my face,lol.
Have you played Myst? That's like the definition of subtle horror puzzle game.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
amfest

Post by amfest »

I'd also like to suggest Aquaria also.

What exactly do you consider shooter? Top down shooter? First person shooter? or third person shooter???
third person sword/shoot
Heavy metal fakk 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTuNlQ2AYM

You could also try Cave Story free translated version online

too bad you don't like rpgs or i'd recoomend Earthbound XD

Why not give Trine a go . . if you have people over you can have 3 players at the same time. But in single player you control 3 people with their own skills that are trapped in one body. I don't think the puzzles are really hard . . and there are many ways to accomplish going forward in many cases. But when you do multiplayer you really need some nice teamwork. I also enjoy the narration that happens. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFvpXWzFWIc

Hmm I'm really at a loss what to suggest since I love RPGs . but mostly old school console style which now a days rpg are going towards just alot of action :( I want my old .. .tell a story and let me relax calmly while I play it out without having my fingers go into any frenzy :(