Console, PC, MMO games
RockRabbit

Madoka Magica online

Post by RockRabbit »

o3o have you heard yet?
http://mm.my-gg.com/
It's coming this spring ;u;

Here's some info, posted on Tumblr:
-You can create your own original character from scratch and befriend other Puella Magi through player system. Or you can select one of the 5 cast characters of Madoka, Homura, Mami, Sayaka, or Kyouko. Kyubey will seem to have a role as a playable character as well but details are unknown.

-The game will feature a 6 player party system (Similar to Diablo 2), using your original character, or the cast characters. You can even have a whole team of Madoka’s if you wished.

-Using said characters, the player can freely travel around Mitakihara by herself or with 6 player party and finish quests.

-When finishing quests, there are some quests that require certain characters to be present, or a certain amount of players in the party.

-each world only holds 6 players in a party. (just like Diablo 2)

-There will be no leveling system. Instead as the players progress throughout the game, their apparel will become stronger and level up, and when they finish the main questline, they will engage with Walpurgis and the game will reset once she is defeated. (Perhaps a higher difficulty each round?)

-Players will be put into many separate servers, and when each player finishes all their quests, they may engage in a massive raid against Walpurgis that exceeds 6 players.

-The game requires no download, it’s a browser-based RPG game, similar to runescape.

-The game is absolutely free, except special promotional items will cost money.

Region restriction in some regions

Air date: Spring 2012
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Julia

Re: Madoka Magica online

Post by Julia »

Sounds cool, hopefully you don't need to be fluent in Japanese to play it. I would definitely make my own character.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Puppeteer

Re: Madoka Magica online

Post by Puppeteer »

Sounds like it could be rather fun. I hope it doesn't decide to take itself too seriously.

By the sounds of it the comparison to Diablo 2 seems quite accurate. It will be interesting to see how this pans out and I'll keep a close eye on it. Thanks for the info.

-Puppeteer