The compulsory "What are you playing?" gaming thread

Console, PC, MMO games
Tensa

Re: The compulsory "What are you playing?" gaming thread

Post by Tensa »

Oh so you're only playing the trial? ...
m'sorry I tend to only read the last post.

And Merun .... it really is annoying, yes. That's why I never go in parties in MMOs similar to Tera. Unless I find someone more mature. I'd rather solo and die countless times rather than go in parties with idiots. And in most if not all MMOs, the more mature ones are of high level. Until you reach a high level you'll die of boredom.

edit: Oh hey, yet again I start a new page. Hehehehehe.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Bah I'm forced to play solo anyway, they gimped a lot of the chat function lol. But looking around, doesn't seem like a lot of people party at my level. I got guild invite but I don't like accepting those without knowing a bit the guild <.<

More mature at high level? Depends of the game. If it's WoW, high level is for everyone. When I played, that is, a long time ago when it just got out, I got up to level 51 and then had to take a break for 1 or 2 months since I was traveling. Man, when I returned, my guild totally changed for the worst. All level 60, and me level 51, I just felt outside of the loop. Asking for help and no one answering :/ I started with friends but they had quit. I guess my best MMO experience was on non official RO server.
Merun @ Twitter
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

I'm currently playing SWTOR again with a friend on The Progenitor (EU).
I didn't really expect to enjoy playing on an RP server as much as I'm doing. It's been years since I did any actual noteworthy RP of any kind. I've been on Nar Shaddaa a lot RPing. It's been mostly underworld related RPing such as crime, drug dealing, etc.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30634545/Scree ... 706691.jpg

I had a short stint with TERA prior to playing SWTOR again, but the game really wasn't what I expected it to be. While the combat system was good, the world itself felt empty and devoid of life.
For posterity's sake here are two screenshots of my TERA characters, a priest and warrior respectively.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30634545/TERA_ ... 205031.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30634545/TERA_ ... 232143.png

I'm just awaiting Guild Wars 2's release come August 28th.
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

"Bleach - Heat The Soul 5" ...i think it's 5 too lazy to go and check
aaand "Perfect World International" *_*
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Artifex

Post by Artifex »

I recently started playing this game called "The Battle for Wesnoth". It's a simple, fun (and not to mention free!), content-packed, 2-D, strategic, turn-based fantasy game. One reason I really like it is because the game is simple enough that you don't have to spend hours on tutorials and remembering what's what and where (the tutorial for this was only about 10 minutes long :D), but complex enough that it's not boring, both gameplay and strategy wise. Another thing that caught my attention is the music, which is really good in my opinion, especially for a free game. I'd say it's better than the music in quite a few of the games I've actually bought. :lol:
"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Miserables

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. . . . There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for." - Sam, The Two Towers
Merun

Post by Merun »

Since I'm a bit in a low gaming period.

Still continuing playing TERA with a friend on Twitter, though he will be away for a few month so it will be a change. Wonder how I will play now.
Also finished Saints Row the Third in hardcore, awesomely fun game. Pretty much what I wanted GTA to be.
Finished Max Payne 3 in hard, nice game, but it's pretty much shooting and cutscene. Also hard is rather hard for a change.

Also preordered Borderlands 2, and I'm wondering about Sleepings Dog which will be released next friday.

End of the month is the release of Tales of Graces F in Europe, with the super limited edition for preorder.

Ragnarok Odyssey was supposed to get released in August, but XSEED didn't confirm anything.

Next month, I'm wondering if I should pick DJMax Technika Tune from Korea with the super super limited edition( yes 2 super because it's better than Tales of Graces F limited edition )

November will be the European release of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, the "sequel" to 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors, a visual novel on DS which I would highly recommend.
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

I'm playing a few VNs. VN playing got back to me~ Hehehe~

Also, I'm playing life.
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

Currently started Phantasy Star Online due to being influenced by Watanuki.

We're on Ship 10 if anyone wants to join.

Merun

Post by Merun »

Damn, people jumping on PSO2 xD

Finished Sleeping Dogs 2 weeks ago. It's like a GTA in Hong Kong, and Hong Kong movie stunt. Great hand to hand combat, similar to Batman Arkham City, minus the random part making it a superior battle system. When a move says "make your enemy wince", well, I also wince since you break their bones ^^;. Awesome stuff like jumping from car to car while shooting, bullet time when jumping over covers ( covers are for sissies ), tossing people in aquariums full of electric eels. Pushing a bit more the envelope of this game and it would be like the Hard Boiled movie!

Otherwise, still in TERA, now with someone else, killing BAM ( Big Ass Monsters ) with our duo of tank and I'm a tank/dps hybrid. It's really cool to be less dependant on healer in MMORPG and have freaking evade roll and parry move. Cleaned 2 instances today with parties, and a crap load of BAM.

Meanwhile, I got Tales of Graces f, still playing in hard, and goddam game is finally what I call hard to the point that I had to decrease the difficulty for some bosses. Some boss summons adds and it's total mess on the field, and the team member just get killed. Also 7 miniboss casting quick spell which interrupt all your actions are a pain. But the battle system is just made of pure win, just in time evasion, dual stance fighting, and no TP plaguing the skill usage contrary to other Tales of. So far story is also quite pleasant, being more character centric and a bit relatable.

I started to play Trine 2 at some point. Quite a hard game, and as much as I would like to like it, it just lacks a little something to get me involved. Game is gorgeous though, and I was thinking at how wonderful it would be in 3D. Sadly I don't have the screen to do that. Also, fantasy OST are awesome.

Preordered my DJMax Technika Tune, Korean limited edition :).

Borderlands 2 is also preordered.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Let's seeee, lately I have been playing the Planetside 2 beta and Black Mesa, sdkfjsd I don't know where the time goes.
私は悪魔です。
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

"They Bleed Pixels" & "Ys Origin" mainly;
on rare occasions - Yume Nikki fangames and "LoL"
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Artifex

Post by Artifex »

I just got through playing Professor Layton and the Unwound Future a little while ago. I haven't been keeping up with the series, unfortunately... But I really want to play the fourth game so that I can watch the movie! Argh!

I've also been playing some of my older games recently. I played through Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and am now playing the first Rune Factory.
"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Miserables

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. . . . There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for." - Sam, The Two Towers
Julia

Post by Julia »

trying to get all the toads so I can get into the last level of Super Princess Peach.

also started a new game of Fable 2 and continuing the main quest of Oblivion after a couple months of not having a working 360.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

@Artifex: I LOVE the Professor Layton series. They're so much fun. Not to mention Layton has become one of my all time favorite video game characters. He's the perfect gentleman. ;D I'm looking forward to the Miracle Mask coming out at the end of October. ^^ Oh! and I hope you do play The Last Specter. The storyline is very good and had a lot of sweet moments.

Have fun playing Rune Factory. I love that game series as well. Though I love Harvest Moon more. <3 ^.^

@Julia: Yay for Super Princess Peach! I haven't played that game in forever. It's a cute game.

The only game I'm currently playing is Lili for the iPhone. It's certainly a wacky little game, but it's filled with charm and beauty. Too bad it's so short though. The next game I'm planning to play is the new Pokemon, coming out next week.
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Julia

Post by Julia »

Yeah, I've been wanting a Nintendo DS for a couple years but only got one recently when a friend of mine got a 3DS for her birthday and generously gave me her DS and some games for it (Super Princess Peach, Snowboard Kids, PacMan World 3, Yoshi's Island DS). I'm gonna ask for more DS games for Christmas, like Ace Attorney and Layton series, and Bowser's Inside Story.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3