Seinarukana Mission Guide

Console, PC, MMO games
shawurai

Seinarukana Mission Guide

Post by shawurai »

Introduction

I've been enjoying this VN for a while now and bought several versions of it.
The missions in this VN can be tricky especially the first time you play or when you switch to a higher difficulty level. No need to worry if you just want to enjoy the story without being slowed down by the gameplay. You won't find any spoilers in these files apart from a few character and skill names. The guides you'll find here will help you clear the missions using a specific approach but you can always experiment and figure out other ways to clear the missions. I would suggest trying out the missions without these guides as you'll enjoy playing them while trying to beat the enemies you encounter and getting a good score along the way.

I don't have complete credit for these guides as I also used the Japanese wiki/guide/FAQ for basic information and unit formation suggestions.
These guides aim to be as detailed as possible.

Released VN versions
  • [1] 2007-08-03 // Initial release (Regular and Limited Edition) - PC (18+) Testing
    [2] 2012-04-19 // PSP port (Regular and Limited Edition) - PSP (All Ages) Not Tested
    [3] 2012-09-28 // Special Edition - PC (18+) Testing
    [4] 2016-04-20 // JAST release - PC (18+) Testing

What you need to know

- The guide will not affect the route you want to choose and doesn't contain any spoilers as far as I know (aside from your characters being mentioned by name)
- Aims to clear each mission with the best rank (SS rank)
- Aims to clear the chapter with max boost to character level
- Some skill names are translated while others aren't. I'll update all skill names when the English version of the VN gets released (UPDATING)

Files
  • 2013-06-16 // Event Battles (v1.0) - Download here (.pdf format - 70k size)
  • 2016-05-17 // Event Battles (v1.1) - Download here (.pdf format - 71k size)
  • 2013-01-01 // Chapter 2 (v1.0) - Outdated (file deleted) (.pdf format - 165k size)
  • 2013-06-16 // Chapter 2 (v1.1) - Download here (.pdf format - 180k size)
  • 2016-05-17 // Chapter 2 (v1.2) - Download here (.pdf format - 166k size)
  • 2013-06-16 // Chapter 2 (v1.1) with image inserts - Download here (.pdf format - 1967k size)
  • 2016-05-17 // Chapter 2 (v1.2) with image inserts - Download here (.pdf format - 1953k size)
  • 2013-06-16 // Chapter 3 (v1.0) - Download here (.pdf format - 202k size)
  • 2016-05-26 // Chapter 3 (v1.1) NEW - Download here (.pdf format - 187k size)
  • 2013-06-16 // Chapter 3 (v1.0) with image inserts - Download here (.pdf format - 3140k size)
  • 2016-05-26 // Chapter 3 (v1.1) with image inserts NEW - Download here (.pdf format - 3125k size)
  • 2014-11-20 // Chapter 4 (v0.1) - Download here (.pdf format - 87k size)

Other Files
  • 2013-06-16 // Chapter 2 Main Page - Download here (.jpg format - 2608k A4 size)
  • 2013-06-16 // Chapter 3 Main Page - Download here (.jpg format - 2608k A4 size)
  • 2014-11-20 // Chapter 4 Main Page - Download here (.jpg format - 2608k A4 size)

Let me know if you find any errors or better ways to clear a mission.
Also let me know if anyone can test this on the PSP version.
And drop a comment if you want :)
Last edited by shawurai on Thu May 26, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
shawurai

Re: Seinarukana Mission Guide

Post by shawurai »

Big update.

I updated the first post a bit.
New additions include updated version of chapter 2. The new layout will make it much easier to follow the guide step by step. As a result of this change the guide for chapter 2 has more pages. To fill in some of the white gaps in the guide I inserted images from the game. If you don't care for those grab the file that doesn't have them.

Chapter 2 v1.1 also includes lots of other changes and corrections I missed in v1.0 (v1.0 is still uploaded for now so you can check the differences wih the new version). List of changes found at the end of this post.

New files include complete chapter 3 (with and without image inserts). Also uploaded is an "Event Battle" file. This includes all battles that fall outside of a mission. The file includes all these event battles from chapter 1 to 3

At last I also uploaded 2 pages that you can print out to include before each chapter. I scanned this from the OST cover that was came with the Limited Edition of the 2007 release.

Thats it. It took a while for me to update this topic with new files but I kind of left this aside for a bit too long and when I picked it up again I wanted to make a new layout while completing chapter 3 so I ended up replaying chapters 2 and 3 a few times to check for errors and stuff. I hope chapter 4 won't take as long to complete.

- Chapter 2 (v1.0 to v1.1)
* Typo fixes (all missions );
* Changed character order (all missions);
* Changed "town" to "base" (all missions);
* Changed "Construction" to "Artifact Construction" (all missions);
* Changed "Leveling" to "Divine Reinforce" (all missions);
* Font change: (some Japanese text had different font) Japanese text set to MS PGhotic (all missions);
* Layout update (all missions);
* Correction: (mission 1 - IT 178) Missing "Story Event" line after the battle. This has been corrected;
* Correction: (mission 1 - IT 441) Missing "Story Event" line. This has been corrected;
* Correction: (mission 3 - IT 414) Note didn't mention what unit gets to move. This has been corrected;
* Correction: (mission 3 - IT 466) Note didn't mention what unit gets to move. This has been corrected;
* Correction: (mission 3 - IT 486) Nozomi's name was twise in the leveling table while Nozomu's name wasn't. This has been corrected;
* Correction: (mission 3 - IT 707) Nozomu was set on 2 different positions during the 5th turn of the battle. This has been corrected;
* Correction: (mission 3 - IT 728) Note says that Unit 3 comes in contact with Enemy Unit 7 while it should be Unit 2. This has been corrected;
* Correction: (mission 3 - IT 799) Note says that Unit 2 comes in contact with Enemy Unit 4 while it should be Enemy Unit 11. This has been corrected;
* Correction: (mission 4 - IT 388) Nozomi's skill durring the battle's 6th turn wasn't mentioned. This has been corrected;
* Correction: (mission 4 - IT 746) miscellaneous (Misc) action is now displayed as regular actions with an IT start AND a line designating the end of the action;
* Correction: (mission 4 - IT 746) Changed the character order in the Unit Reformation menu to reduce the number of character momements;
* Correction: (mission 4 - IT 746) Changed the Unit number for the battle following the Unit Reformation menu. This is to reflect the previously made changes.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

I haven't updated this in a while but here's the first mission of chapter 4.

There are 2 missions in this chapter but I only did a quick run of the 2nd mission as a test without preparing a guide for it so I'll just release the first part of the chapter as a version 0.1

The complete chapter 4 guide won't be up soon but once it's ready, I'll also update the previous 2 chapters as I found yet a couple more minor errors in those files.
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

- Event Battles (v1.0 to v1.1)

* Layout updated;
* Translation and terminology updated to be consistent with the JAST release for chapters 1 and 2;
* Chapter 1 - An additional 2 event battles were included after the existing 2. These additional battles were NOT in the Xuse PC releases and are ONLY found in the JAST PC release;
* Chapter 2 - An additional 4 event battles were included between the existing 2. These additional battles were NOT in the Xuse PC releases and are ONLY found in the JAST PC release;
* Chapter 2 - The original 2nd event battle (with Katima, Nozomu and Nozomi) was updated as it happens at a later time and against a different enemy. This battle was NOT in the Xuse PC releases and is ONLY found in the JAST PC release.

- Chapter 2 (v1.1 to v1.2)

* Translation and terminology updated to be consistent with the JAST release;
* Correction: (mission 1 - IT 178) "Story Event" misplaced and moved to correct position at IT 138;

UPDATE 2016-05-26

- Chapter 3 (v1.0 to v1.1)
* Translation and terminology updated to be consistent with the JAST release;
* Correction: (mission 2 - IT 142) Battle lasts only 3 turns and not 5;
* Correction: (mission 2 - IT 261) Unit 4 moved and ended it's turn (not Unit 2);
* Correction: (mission 2 - IT 530) Formation table had an error where Zeu was mentioned twice in Unit 4;
* Correction: (mission 2 - IT 1530) Turn goes to AR Unit 5 (not Unit 1);
* Correction: (mission 2 - IT 2032) While technically being enemy "43", the battle with the enemy should be "13" since the numbering was previously reset to "1";
* Updated leveling order: (mission 2 - IT 408) Order now matches display in the game's menu;
* Updated leveling order: (mission 2 - IT 1025) Order now matches display in the game's menu;
* Updated leveling order: (mission 2 - IT 1512) Order now matches display in the game's menu.