WAAAH!! I have to reinstall the client!?

Console, PC, MMO games
onomeister

WAAAH!! I have to reinstall the client!?

Post by onomeister »

'kay... My stupid cheapo pc hard drive crashed 3 weeks ago. No problem, I've got a back-up. My emachines did a system recovery, and everything is working fine again. EXCEPT when I tried to login to YG!!! After I double-click on the YG exe file, all that comes up is an error box saying something like: "The game properties are either not in your registry or they are 'broken'. Please reinstall your client".

So, I'll redownload the client and when I reinstall it, ALL the past history info will be erased, won't it...??? All my items,experience... GONE! right? Is there any hope???

...I think I'm gonna cry
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
Watanuki

Post by Watanuki »

MMORPG's store their information on the server systems, not the client. >_>
amfest

Post by amfest »

yea .. why would you think it would store on your pc?????? that's asking for major trouble there. People would hack their stats, experince, items and such to no end. Just like PSO XD Pretty much MMO will store that data on their servers. If it was all on your pc then it wouldnt' be any problem to just run the game off your own hard drive and have no real need of a server in order to play >_> . .well unless you wanted people there :P
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

OMG... I'm a freaking n00b... I shoulda realized that... Thank you Watanuki/amfest...
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!